What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, or on MSNBC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 03:22:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, or on MSNBC
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, or on MSNBC  (Read 6157 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 05:56:53 AM »

The latest:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gAKHK5xBT5NdBleTXH5_-Htc2p4QD98T0H980

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2009, 06:01:43 PM »

You kidding?  If Ensign does lose his Nevada Senate seat, it certainly won't be for sexual immorality.

Nevada is more socially conservative than many people think (see results of marijuana legalization and same-sex marriage referenda, for example), but I agree that this won't result in a loss.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2009, 07:57:39 PM »

If Coburn was anti-gay marriage and anti-abortion, I might be okay with him.

I don't see why. We've compromised too much with the Reaganist sonsofbitches already; you're not going to get genuine fiscal discipline until you detach yourself from the Republican tit. I would simply abstain in a race between Coburn and a liberal Democrat.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2009, 12:14:31 AM »

You kidding?  If Ensign does lose his Nevada Senate seat, it certainly won't be for sexual immorality.

Nevada is more socially conservative than many people think (see results of marijuana legalization and same-sex marriage referenda, for example), but I agree that this won't result in a loss.

Maybe a few years ago, but this is also a 55% Obama state that just passed Civil Unions granting nearly all the state benefits of marriage... over the governors veto.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2009, 06:41:18 AM »

If Coburn was anti-gay marriage and anti-abortion, I might be okay with him.

I don't see why. We've compromised too much with the Reaganist sonsofbitches already; you're not going to get genuine fiscal discipline until you detach yourself from the Republican tit. I would simply abstain in a race between Coburn and a liberal Democrat.

Damn it, you're right.
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2009, 08:37:08 PM »

I think he's handling this the best he can.  His 2012 hopes might not be dashed.  I really hope they aren't because I'd like to see more from him.

I agree.  He is an honest man who just made a mistake.  Thankfully he is reconciled to his mrs and the little lady has forgiven him.  The blackmail stuff is just left wing media lies.

Do not misquote me -- adultry is wrong and ensign should be ashamed of it but if he has been forgiven and is a changed man it is not an issue. at least he didn't say "I did not have sex with that woman...."  LOL  That's the diff between conservatives and liberals.  We make mistakes like any one else.  But we are HONORABLE in admitting to them.  The liberals lie and try to weasle their way out like slick willie.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2009, 10:49:47 PM »

Honestly, as long as the person admits their mistake, I'm fine with it. What goes on in the personal lives rarely if ever affects a politicians ideology and governing abilities.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2009, 04:55:58 AM »

A new Mason-Dixon poll has Ensign's favorable/unfavorable numbers at 39%/37% in Nevada:

http://www.lvrj.com/news/48722002.html

That's a doubling of his unfavorable number from the last poll, taken last month.  Only 29% of Nevadans say that Ensign should resign over the affair.

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2009, 04:12:21 AM »

The husband of the woman Ensign had the affair with wrote a letter to Fox News, in which he writes:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/jun/19/text-husbands-letter/

"Senator Ensign’s conduct and relentless pursuit of my wife led to our dismissal in April of 2008."

Meanwhile, Ensign claims that this guy sought "a large financial payout":

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/19/AR2009061902327.html

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies