The Atlasian Sentinel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:13:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sentinel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sentinel  (Read 64454 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: October 21, 2009, 06:16:28 PM »

I'll take an interview, no one has done one for anyone in awhile and I always thought they were interesting
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #601 on: October 21, 2009, 06:17:07 PM »

Ben wasn't banned unless you mean banned from holding office/voting. Other then that, he wasn't "banned" in the way we would assume one would be when using that term(like KoTBP, Straha, Ogis etc).
That's what I was referring to. Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #602 on: October 21, 2009, 07:44:17 PM »

I'm not clear on the ambivalence towards Atlasia v. RowanBrandon. Unless those involved publicly state their permission for him to post their PMs, the case seems pretty cut-and-dry.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #603 on: October 21, 2009, 07:47:47 PM »

I'm not clear on the ambivalence towards Atlasia v. RowanBrandon. Unless those involved publicly state their permission for him to post their PMs, the case seems pretty cut-and-dry.
I'm just trying to be open-minded on it. The defense could present a great case. I don't want to go around saying I support Rowan being banned, when I'm not 100% sure.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #604 on: October 21, 2009, 07:50:47 PM »

I'm in total agreement on this
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #605 on: October 21, 2009, 08:19:16 PM »

I'm just trying to be open-minded on it. The defense could present a great case. I don't want to go around saying I support Rowan being banned, when I'm not 100% sure.

Don't be partisan.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #606 on: October 21, 2009, 08:23:23 PM »

Don't be partisan.

Don't be a troll.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #607 on: October 21, 2009, 08:24:14 PM »

Don't be partisan.

Don't be a troll.

bt i cant hlp it tho
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #608 on: November 06, 2009, 06:02:37 PM »

With my duties as Governor and a very busy RL I have not been able to update this much. I hope to return to at least weekly articles by next week when things slow down for me.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #609 on: November 07, 2009, 12:52:44 PM »

As you know, I have been having a hard time keeping up with this paper. Thus, I would like to announce that the Sentinel will have a new Junior Editor, Tmthforu94.

I will provide the bulk of the more objective coverage, and we'll both contribute opinion articles and interviews.

Additionally, it's probably better to have another write this while I run for an office to keep the conflict of interest down.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #610 on: November 07, 2009, 01:10:51 PM »

Thank you, Governor Vepres, for letting me work with you. Smiley This will continue to be the best newspaper in Atlasia.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #611 on: November 07, 2009, 02:17:39 PM »

The NWA has more entertainment value. Sad
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #612 on: November 07, 2009, 03:27:09 PM »

The wrestling promotion or the rap group?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #613 on: November 07, 2009, 06:13:44 PM »

Still want to be interviewed Smiley
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #614 on: November 07, 2009, 06:14:27 PM »

Interview me! I'm surrounded with drama! I'm interesting! Pick me, pick me!
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #615 on: November 07, 2009, 06:20:29 PM »

I can interview you next weekend, as it is, I'm very busy this weekend and next week.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #616 on: December 14, 2009, 08:30:44 PM »

For anyone who would like to be interviewd by the Sentinel, you may either post your interest in this thread, or privately message either Governor Vepres or myself.
Thank you,
Isaac
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #617 on: December 14, 2009, 08:38:23 PM »

Thanks for bumping this.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #618 on: December 14, 2009, 09:44:42 PM »

What I don't understand is why these news papers don't seek interviews with people rather than having a free-for-all approach. We just end up having the same folks getting interviewed each time. Tongue
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #619 on: December 14, 2009, 10:09:35 PM »

What I don't understand is why these news papers don't seek interviews with people rather than having a free-for-all approach. We just end up having the same folks getting interviewed each time. Tongue

I will ramp it up when the election for Governor is over.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #620 on: December 14, 2009, 10:14:13 PM »

I will ramp it up when the election for Governor is over.

Well, it's not just yours in particular. All the papers do the "if you want to be interviewed, tell us!" Instead, why not go after the news makers like other news outlets do!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #621 on: December 14, 2009, 10:35:10 PM »

For anyone who would like to be interviewd by the Sentinel, you may either post your interest in this thread, or privately message either Governor Vepres or myself.
Thank you,
Isaac

I would like to be interviewed.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #622 on: December 14, 2009, 11:13:58 PM »

Thank you,
Isaac

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #623 on: December 27, 2009, 10:29:20 PM »

The Atlasian Sentinel
Interview with Mideast Assemblyman Swedish Cheese
By Tmthforu94

Good evening, Assemblyman Swedish Cheese, and thank you.

Glad to be here, Tmthforu94

Let's get started.

Tmthforu94: In a surprising and bold move by SoFA Franzl, you were chosen to be his Vice President. Was it a surprise to you that you were asked?

Swedish Cheese: It did come as somewhat of a shock at first, I admit. When Franzl first asked me to join the ticket I was sure it was some sort of joke or misunderstanding. However after Franzl had made it clear that he was sincere in his offer to me, I quickly settled in my new role as Franzl's main support in his campaign, and had a fun and exciting time running for the second highest office in this country

Tmthforu94: Even though you lost, what did you learn from running for Vice President? Has it changed your perception on the office?

Swedish Cheese: I gained a lot of self-confidence from running for Vice President. The fact that a lot of people saw me as a good candidate (even those who did not end up voting for me and Franzl) as well as me taking part in a broader national debate made me a stronger and more daring politician. I think that's the best quality I learnt from being Franzl's running mate.

My opinion of the Office of Vice President has changed very little. I still consider it an important office in Atlasia.

Tmthforu94: Regarding the future, many see you as a rising star in Atlasia, and you were nominated by several as "Newbie of the Year". Do you have plans to take a step up in public office, possibly running for the open Senate seat in February, or even President?

Swedish Cheese: I know that many would like to see me make a run for the Senate, and although the opportunity to seek the Mideast Regional Seat is tempting, I don't believe it likely for me to run in February. Senator is probably the most time consuming position one can hold in Atlasia, and I need to focus a lot of energy on getting good grades my last semester of High School so that I'm able to get into a Law-School of my choice this fall. Therefore I'm not sure I have the time to do the job of a Senator properly at the moment.

A Presidential run someday in the future is of course always a possibility, but I can almost say for sure it won't happen these next two elections.

Tmthforu94: Not too long ago, Assemblyman, you became the Speaker of the Assembly, following Peter. Those were pretty big shoes to feel. What do you feel that you have accomplished as Speaker, and how have you made the Mideast region a better region for all?

Swedish Cheese: Peter's shoes were indeed pretty big to fill, as he's truly the greatest of Speakers. But even though I don't want to flatter myself too much I still believe I've done a very good job as Speaker. During my first term as Speaker I lead the most productive Assembly in history, partly due to my own efforts to keep the Assembly active and effective. Much of it was of course thanks to my excellent fellow Assemblymen Badger and Big Bad Fab as well. I believe we together have improved our region by bringing forward Moderate bipartisan legislation that will improve many aspects of life for Mideast citizens. My biggest personal contribution was of course the bill to save our economy, which according to the Game Moderator was successful in lowering our Region's high unemployment with several points.

This term has been rather stormy and ineffective due to court cases, resignations, and other problems. But I've still managed to keep the Assembly running through all these trails, and I believe that after we once again starts working after Christmas recess, I will once again lead a very productive Assembly.

Tmthforu94: Recently, HAEV was passed, and three Atlasians were selected to serve on HAEV. What is your opinion of HAEV, and do you think it will actually work?

I have long been a strong supporter of Zombie Control, and during the Presidential race me and Franzl discussed the subject several times. I'm not sure that the HAEV is the best or the fairest way to deal with the problem, but I'm more than willing to give it a chance. The system ultimatley depends on the individual HAEV’s, and whether they allow their personal biases to get in the way of whom they label a zombie, and whom they don't. It might be a great success, and it might be a failure. I believe Leif has made good nominations however, and I'm awaiting to see the actual results of this before I make a final judgment on the subject.

Thank you for your time, Mr. Assemblyman.

(My apologies for the formatting. I am having a major scrolling problem on this site that makes it nearly impossible to make lengthy posts, so I have to do this on Word)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #624 on: December 29, 2009, 05:49:43 PM »

Thank you,
Isaac
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies