The Atlasian Sentinel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:59:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sentinel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 30
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sentinel  (Read 64292 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: August 31, 2009, 04:45:27 PM »

Anyway, DWTL, I left because I was being attacked for being myself. I just got sick of it, and I just feel more at home in the DA at the moment. Besides, it's not like I'm suddenly going to vote straight JCP or anything like that.

You don't need to defend yourself anymore, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you anyway.

You're right.

You're not an enemy. I understand your plight with what happened. There was no reason why it should've been dragged out to the public like it was, and because of that, it wasn't a shock that you did leave. Matters such as yours should have been kept in private.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #526 on: August 31, 2009, 04:45:45 PM »

Anyway, DWTL, I left because I was being attacked for being myself. I just got sick of it, and I just feel more at home in the DA at the moment. Besides, it's not like I'm suddenly going to vote straight JCP or anything like that.
You were attacked (privately by the way and it was far from an attack) because you were unnecessarily critizing members of our party.  I simply asked you, outside of inflated ego and attention whoring, the matter concerned you in the slighest.  Making friends with people like Lewis and Jas is about the stupidest thing a conservative can do in Atlasia, but if you want to go down that path and leave our party I'm not going to stop you.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #527 on: August 31, 2009, 07:29:15 PM »

This is the language of the playground...
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #528 on: August 31, 2009, 07:35:41 PM »

Indeed (I'm guilty as well).

@ DWTL:
And, no, it was criticism. Making an entire thread call "Vepres: What the hell is your problem" is not the friendliest action, to put it nicely.

DWTL, is it not attention-whoring (by your logic) when you criticized Antonio in the Northeast assembly thread over the name of region representatives?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #529 on: August 31, 2009, 09:45:39 PM »

Agreed.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #530 on: August 31, 2009, 09:59:02 PM »

I will refrain from fighting with DWTL further. You're right.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #531 on: September 01, 2009, 11:29:51 AM »

Indeed (I'm guilty as well).

@ DWTL:
And, no, it was criticism. Making an entire thread call "Vepres: What the hell is your problem" is not the friendliest action, to put it nicely.

DWTL, is it not attention-whoring (by your logic) when you criticized Antonio in the Northeast assembly thread over the name of region representatives?
That thread was created in a private forum, it was pretty much the equivalent of PMing you the same thing.  SPC and the other members of the party fully agreed that was the correct course of action.  I didn't criticize Antonio on that (although he is a fool) I simply that the tradition was there and holding something up on something that simple was absurd.  Plus, if I want to issue a statement against an opposing party as the chair of the party, that's different. 
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #532 on: September 01, 2009, 01:11:19 PM »

Only DWTL could believe creating a thread for members of the entire political party to see called "Vepres: What the hell is your problem" is the same as a PM.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #533 on: September 01, 2009, 01:14:10 PM »

The funny stuff was what RowanBrandon said about Vepres, compared to what he did. LOL, what a joke.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #534 on: September 01, 2009, 07:03:44 PM »

You don't need to defend yourself anymore, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you anyway.

You're right.

You're not an enemy. I understand your plight with what happened. There was no reason why it should've been dragged out to the public like it was, and because of that, it wasn't a shock that you did leave. Matters such as yours should have been kept in private.

I would like to point out that this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Was my original statement. It was when DWTL started attacking me in public that I retaliated.

It is unfortunate that this was made into a big public story, but so be it. This is the last time I'll publicly comment on this.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #535 on: September 01, 2009, 07:05:08 PM »

You leaving the party was a pretty public action
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #536 on: September 01, 2009, 07:06:06 PM »

Yeah, but I didn't say anything about any specific RPP members.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #537 on: September 01, 2009, 07:06:56 PM »

You cant leave a party in privte.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #538 on: September 01, 2009, 07:07:29 PM »

Doesn't matter, I don't let people just leave the party over stupid things and think that is okay with the party.  We helped you get started and you ditched us
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #539 on: September 01, 2009, 07:13:54 PM »

I request that the title now be changed to:

"One Senator Returns to RPP, Sorry Excuse for Senator and Insignifigant Governor Stay Gone"
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #540 on: September 01, 2009, 07:21:48 PM »

"One Senator Returns to RPP, Sorry Excuse for Senator and Insignifigant Governor Stay Gone"

LOL. And what political office do you hold again?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #541 on: September 01, 2009, 07:23:14 PM »

Well the poor thing tried for Senator but he just couldn't pull it off. Sad
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #542 on: September 01, 2009, 07:33:24 PM »

Doesn't matter, I don't let people just leave the party over stupid things and think that is okay with the party.  We helped you get started and you ditched us

If anything, my party affiliation was a liability in the Midwest (which is where I've been elected).
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #543 on: September 01, 2009, 07:34:55 PM »

Great comeback, I mean I'm only a five-term senator and started the party that got you elected to the senate.  You would never have been a senator without me
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #544 on: September 01, 2009, 07:41:34 PM »

Great comeback, I mean I'm only a five-term senator and started the party that got you elected to the senate.  You would never have been a senator without me

Oh how could I ever repay you for your generosity? I am not worthy to stand in your presence.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #545 on: September 01, 2009, 07:59:23 PM »

Oh how could I ever repay you for your generosity? I am not worthy to stand in your presence.

Perhaps showing an ounce of respect would be a start. Folks like Vepres and mechman had legitimate reasons to leave the party, but you, of all people, did not. The RPP threw their entire machine behind you over a respected Atlasian, SPC, to get you into the Senate only to see you leave for trivial reasons a week later. I don't like DWTL's attack dog style on most cases because I feel it hurts us more than it helps, but, in this case, I have no problem seeing him give you hell.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #546 on: September 01, 2009, 08:07:17 PM »

Perhaps showing an ounce of respect would be a start. Folks like Vepres and mechman had legitimate reasons to leave the party, but you, of all people, did not. The RPP threw their entire machine behind you over a respected Atlasian, SPC, to get you into the Senate only to see you leave for trivial reasons a week later. I don't like DWTL's attack dog style on most cases because I feel it hurts us more than it helps, but, in this case, I have no problem seeing him give you hell.

I respect you and most members of the RPP. I don't respect DWTL.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #547 on: September 01, 2009, 08:09:06 PM »

I think we're using "respected Atlasian" in regards to SPC a little loosely.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #548 on: September 01, 2009, 08:11:06 PM »

I'm pretty sure things would quiet down if you didn't have members out here trying to pretend their vote never occurred or to call former RPP members 'worthless.'
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #549 on: September 02, 2009, 05:42:11 AM »

I could never imagine that RPP was such an authoritarian political machine. "You would never be Senator without me", "The political machine was behind you", "You don't respect your party". Switch "party" with "family", and you could have the exact phrasing of the mafia.
Rowan Brandon is a free individual, and people who voted for him voted "Rowan Brandon", not "Regional Protection Party". You don't own his seat, he does, and therefore he is free to do whatever he considers right with his political positions.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies