The Atlasian Sentinel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:10:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sentinel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 30
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sentinel  (Read 64301 times)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: August 21, 2009, 08:32:34 PM »

We can project that RowanBrandon will be elected to the Senate.

That makes this the current make up of the Senate:

Yellow - RPP
Light Blue - DA
Green - JCP
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #376 on: August 21, 2009, 08:34:37 PM »

Yellow - RPP
Light Blue - DA
Green - JCP

I like the graphic! Cheesy
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #377 on: August 21, 2009, 08:35:08 PM »
« Edited: August 21, 2009, 08:46:36 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

The Atlasian Sentinel
New GM Very Active, Yet Senators Take Little Notice
By Vepres

When GM Purple State was sworn in, people from all sides of the political spectrum celebrated. For the first time in a long time, Atlasia would have an active GM. Yet, while Purple State has performed admirably thus far, few in the government seem to take any action on the news.

Take, for example, his recent report on the healthcare bill. Not one Senator commented on it despite the fact that it was one of the most important bills signed into law in the past few Senates.

Purple State said this in the news unit:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Of course, it is election season, and so the focus is on the elections, but let's not lose sight of the fact that the government must respond to the GM news or else the position is useless.

Excuse me, and just what the hell do you call this post from the other day, whistling Dixie?
Obviously if any deputy GM would be needed, it's in the economic sector. Wink

How do the healthcare numbers look?

Well I being a cynical conservative doubt that it would run a surplus, at least initially. Other then that they seem at least somewhat reasonable. It would have a positive effect on wages and employement, and even GDP cause small Businesses will expand as you say so thats correct. It would also lead to the dropping of private Health Care plans and the bankruptcy of many small insurers as you say it does. I would say Good job.

And you wanted to do it for Foriegn policy? Told you Tongue. Needs a separate position. Unfortunately most of the "experts" either aren't registered in Atlasia like Beet, Ford, Carl Hayden or have other positions already, Sam Spade. And if you are thinking about me the answer is No way in hell. Tongue

Granted it was more about PS's analysis then the Healthcare plan itself but I did comment on the "effects" of the bill as a way of showing where PS had a good analysis, so I was commenting about it indirectly. Am I not considered a Senator?

That comment you posted from PS was in response to a request for economic data from me? What he has given so far while important is too broad and too disconected from underlying factors to tell us where to go? I asked for Libor-OIS spread to see if Credit markets where tightening, and maybe the need for a direct loans to consumers and Businesses as a response, PS refused sighting he didn;t now what it is.

I then today asked for data on Consumer and Factory orders and he refuses, saying we aren't responding. I am responding god damnit, I can't introduce legislation without more specific details about the real prime economic movers like Factory orders, Consumer data, Housing and Exports. The stock market and even Unemployement is basically meaningless in addressing matters of policy. Clearly Purple State has a very limited knowledge of economics and if he is unwilling or unable to expand his knowledge on the subject I am afraid he will end up like the last two GM's, a mistake of an appointment. I wish we could have have two GM's let PS handle foriegn sh**t and give the other one to Sam Spade or somone who know economics handle the economy.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #378 on: August 21, 2009, 08:35:31 PM »

Yellow - RPP
Light Blue - DA
Green - JCP

I like the graphic! Cheesy

Will you still like it when it has 6 yellow spaces? Wink
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #379 on: August 21, 2009, 08:36:38 PM »

Granted it was more about PS's analysis then the Healthcare plan itself but I did comment on the "effects" of the bill as a way of showing where PS had a good analysis, so I was commenting about it indirectly. Am I not considered a Senator?

RPP gets no credit around here.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #380 on: August 21, 2009, 08:38:11 PM »

The Atlasian Sentinel
By Vepres

When GM Purple State was sworn in, people from all sides of the political spectrum celebrated. For the first time in a long time, Atlasia would have an active GM. Yet, while Purple State has performed admirably thus far, few in the government seem to take any action on the news.

Take, for example, his recent report on the healthcare bill. Not one Senator commented on it despite the fact that it was one of the most important bills signed into law in the past few Senates.

Of course, it is election season, and so the focus is on the elections, but let's not lose sight of the fact that the government must respond to the GM news or else the position is useless.

Excuse me, and just what the hell do you call this post from the other day, whistling Dixie?

Well I being a cynical conservative doubt that it would run a surplus, at least initially. Other then that they seem at least somewhat reasonable. It would have a positive effect on wages and employement, and even GDP cause small Businesses will expand as you say so thats correct. It would also lead to the dropping of private Health Care plans and the bankruptcy of many small insurers as you say it does. I would say Good job.

And you wanted to do it for Foriegn policy? Told you Tongue. Needs a separate position. Unfortunately most of the "experts" either aren't registered in Atlasia like Beet, Ford, Carl Hayden or have other positions already, Sam Spade. And if you are thinking about me the answer is No way in hell. Tongue

I was referring to it from a policy stand point. I'll add that you commented on the article.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #381 on: August 21, 2009, 08:43:38 PM »

Well, two things.

One, it's an election, and usually very little is done legislatively because people are hesitant or simply unwilling to move on important legislation when there's no idea how the make-up of the Senate will end up being, so it's unfair to criticize the Senate now over activity.

Secondly, I would happily take more notice of the goings-on around here if my last few days hadn't been a stressful disaster. I promise to take more notice when I'm not dealing with house burnings.

I wasn't critiquing anybody specific, and I did note that it was election season.

Your real life crisis absolutely means that you have a good reason to not comment. I am just trying to making sure that Purple State's effort isn't wasted.

@ NCYankee: I added that you commented on the health care article in the my article.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #382 on: August 21, 2009, 08:47:02 PM »

I like the graphic, they're always fun.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #383 on: August 21, 2009, 08:49:04 PM »

The Atlasian Sentinel
By Vepres

That comment you posted from PS was in response to a request for economic data from me? What he has given so far while important is too broad and too disconected from underlying factors to tell us where to go? I asked for Libor-OIS spread to see if Credit markets where tightening, and maybe the need for a direct loans to consumers and Businesses as a response, PS refused sighting he didn;t now what it is.

I then today asked for data on Consumer and Factory orders and he refuses, saying we aren't responding. I am responding god damnit, I can't introduce legislation without more specific details about the real prime economic movers like Factory orders, Consumer data, Housing and Exports. The stock market and even Unemployement is basically meaningless in addressing matters of policy. Clearly Purple State has a very limited knowledge of economics and if he is unwilling or unable to expand his knowledge on the subject I am afraid he will end up like the last two GM's, a mistake of an appointment. I wish we could have have two GM's let PS handle foriegn sh**t and give the other one to Sam Spade or somone who know economics handle the economy.

Bumping cause I added a furher response to the rest of a very pro-PS article.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #384 on: August 21, 2009, 08:49:23 PM »

I like the graphic, they're always fun.

Especially when the seats are Blue and Green! Grin
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #385 on: August 21, 2009, 08:52:15 PM »

The Atlasian Sentinel
By Vepres

I have a subconscious bias towards Purple State, isn't that obvious Tongue
He is to me as Obama is to Chris Matthews, if you will Tongue

He does have his flaws though, and I will make sure to bring them up in future articles. The point of the article was to remind Senators that they have a part in making the GM position useful.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #386 on: August 21, 2009, 09:33:43 PM »

The Atlasian Sentinel
By Vepres

He does have his flaws though, and I will make sure to bring them up in future articles. The point of the article was to remind Senators that they have a part in making the GM position useful.

Its like a fruit seller has apples and oranges. I come by to pick up my orange and he bites my head off cause I don't buy the apple two, and no one else has bought it yet. I right now don't need an apple and just want the orange and get very pissed and threatened to tell his boss and have him fired.

I need more specific info before I can craft my legislation. I was planning on introducing a program to offer a few billion in Gov't loans, but I wanted to see the Libor-OIS spread to see if it was worth the expense.

PS tells me he doesn't know what the Libor-OIS spread is.

The Fruit seller tells me he doesn't know what an avacodo is when I ask for one

I then ask for Consumer data, Factory orders, and Housing numbers.

I asked the fruit Seller for the orange.

He then attacks me and the whole SEnate for not responding to his crusade against Chavez

The fruit Seller then gets pissed cause I don't just buy the apple he just put on the Shelf.

I then threatened to have him Impeached

I threatened the Fruit guy with telling his boss and getting him fired.

Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #387 on: August 21, 2009, 11:25:52 PM »

The Atlasian Sentinel
By Vepres

Its like a fruit seller has apples and oranges. I come by to pick up my orange and he bites my head off cause I don't buy the apple two, and no one else has bought it yet. I right now don't need an apple and just want the orange and get very pissed and threatened to tell his boss and have him fired.

I need more specific info before I can craft my legislation. I was planning on introducing a program to offer a few billion in Gov't loans, but I wanted to see the Libor-OIS spread to see if it was worth the expense.

PS tells me he doesn't know what the Libor-OIS spread is.

The Fruit seller tells me he doesn't know what an avacodo is when I ask for one

I then ask for Consumer data, Factory orders, and Housing numbers.

I asked the fruit Seller for the orange.

He then attacks me and the whole SEnate for not responding to his crusade against Chavez

The fruit Seller then gets pissed cause I don't just buy the apple he just put on the Shelf.

I then threatened to have him Impeached

I threatened the Fruit guy with telling his boss and getting him fired.

Interesting analogy I must say. Like I said, in the future I will be more even sided. It's just I get a tingle up my leg every time he speaks Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #388 on: August 22, 2009, 07:33:16 AM »

Yellow - RPP
Light Blue - DA
Green - JCP

Four RPPers ?!?

Saddening results... Sad
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #389 on: August 22, 2009, 07:40:39 AM »

Yellow - RPP
Light Blue - DA
Green - JCP

Four RPPers ?!?

Saddening results... Sad

Probably 5, in fact. Nothing surprising of course, the Big Khaki Machine has turned out massively and their preference flows are tightly controlled by the machine.

However, the recent records show that a magnificent STV election for one party is followed by a rout/mini-disaster/bad showing in the next STV election...
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #390 on: August 22, 2009, 08:02:38 AM »

I got three write-ins, that's awesome. Smiley
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #391 on: August 22, 2009, 10:07:30 AM »

Yellow - RPP
Light Blue - DA
Green - JCP

Four RPPers ?!?

Saddening results... Sad

Probably 5, in fact. Nothing surprising of course, the Big Khaki Machine has turned out massively and their preference flows are tightly controlled by the machine.

However, the recent records show that a magnificent STV election for one party is followed by a rout/mini-disaster/bad showing in the next STV election...

Well, generally if one party does very well in a congressional election (in both Atlasia and real life) they usually lose seats in the next few elections because they peaked their support.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #392 on: August 22, 2009, 10:03:42 PM »

We can now project that Fritz will be reelected.

Yellow - RPP
Light Blue - DA
Green - JCP
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #393 on: August 22, 2009, 10:06:58 PM »

lol, How do you come to that projection? Fritz and I have an identical number of votes. How am I in doubt but he's not?

I'm not trying to suggest my election is a sure-win, I'm just saying that seems odd.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #394 on: August 22, 2009, 10:09:13 PM »

lol, How do you come to that projection? Fritz and I have an identical number of votes. How am I in doubt but he's not?

I'm not trying to suggest my election is a sure-win, I'm just saying that seems odd.

Well, Angry Weasel's vote was invalidated(didn't notice that). I was very close to calling a victory for you, but Fritz seems to have more support outside the JCP. Trust me, literally one more first preference for you and you have it.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #395 on: August 22, 2009, 10:13:05 PM »

Well, Angry Weasel's vote was invalidated(didn't notice that). I was very close to calling a victory for you, but Fritz seems to have more support outside the JCP. Trust me, literally one more first preference for you and you have it.

Fair enough, that he does.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #396 on: August 22, 2009, 10:14:19 PM »

I have very little doubt you'll win reelection, but you can never be too careful. Don't want another "Gore wins Florida" now do we?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #397 on: August 22, 2009, 10:15:00 PM »

I have very little doubt you'll win reelection, but you can never be too careful. Don't want another "Gore wins Florida" now do we?

I never take my election for granted. The anti-Marokai sentiment is alive and well. Tongue
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #398 on: August 22, 2009, 10:47:35 PM »

I never take my election for granted. The anti-Marokai sentiment is alive and well. Tongue

FWIW my ballot was more anti-Marokai-of-a-few-weeks-ago than Marokai-of-the-present-day.  I've noticed a serious abatement of your and Purple State's rivalry since I whined about it Smiley

(which isn't to say that I'm the cause of it)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #399 on: August 22, 2009, 11:19:32 PM »

Whoa, I leave for a day and I get assaulted with analogies. Calm yourself Yank. It's been less than a week since I got the job. I have so many pieces waiting in the wings and more demands than should be accommodated in a day. I could post all ten things I have ready to go tomorrow, but then where would we be the next day?

You will get your economic numbers, just as Vepres will get his education stats and everyone will get their employment info in due time.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies