The Atlasian Sentinel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:46:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sentinel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 30
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sentinel  (Read 64360 times)
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: August 13, 2009, 01:17:50 AM »

Can more than one person be a dick to you? 'Cause i'll jump in if I can.

I've actually looked forward to seeing you back in the Senate, so I'd hope you wouldn't want to just be a dick to me. I think we have many common positions that we can help each other work with and I'd sure be glad to do so. Without you in the Senate, people like us lose an important economic voice.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #326 on: August 13, 2009, 08:02:12 AM »
« Edited: August 13, 2009, 08:04:18 AM by Senator Hash É. Might »

The recent invasion of RPP drones registering in the Pacific is ing disgusting.

Hamilton might win by virtue of useless drones who will fade into irrelevancy until the next time they're needed. Good job people, you're really screwing Atlasia.

It's la grande noirceur all over again. Welcome to the new Union nationale.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #327 on: August 13, 2009, 08:22:02 AM »

The regular influxes of neophyte RPPites are becoming a useful reminder that elections are approaching. I'm particularly looking forward to cindywho2212 returning to vote.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #328 on: August 13, 2009, 08:23:26 AM »

I'm particularly looking forward to cindywho2212 returning to vote.

She is one of the forum's most valued assets.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #329 on: August 13, 2009, 10:35:23 AM »

Reminder from the Editor
Remember, I will accept op-eds from anybody provided they're well written and not hackery.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #330 on: August 13, 2009, 10:45:51 AM »

Hamilton might win by virtue of useless drones who will fade into irrelevancy until the next time they're needed.

Isn't that how the JCP wins elections?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #331 on: August 13, 2009, 04:03:35 PM »

Hamilton might win by virtue of useless drones who will fade into irrelevancy until the next time they're needed.

No, our voters are active in other forum parts, unlike RPP drones.

Hashemite, that is a grat comparison than, sadly, most Atlasians won't catch.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #332 on: August 13, 2009, 07:12:19 PM »

So? They are inactive in Atlasia, which has been a consistent issue explored by all real attempts at registration reform. Nevertheless, no good solution has ever emerged.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #333 on: August 13, 2009, 07:15:35 PM »

All parties have their respective good and not so good posters. Trying to make it partisan won't solve the problem.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #334 on: August 13, 2009, 09:34:16 PM »

All parties have their respective good and not so good posters. Trying to make it partisan won't solve the problem.

Right.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #335 on: August 13, 2009, 09:36:56 PM »

Lies, All LNF posters are good.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #336 on: August 13, 2009, 10:48:53 PM »

JCP has Gporter for starters, among other undesirables. But I won't judge the party or it's members based on the actions of other members. I'd appreciate if you wouldn't do that to any other party, as well.

"All LNF posters are good," said a bad one.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #337 on: August 13, 2009, 11:21:25 PM »

Please take your bickering elsewhere.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #338 on: August 13, 2009, 11:24:06 PM »

Please take your Mom elsewhere.

O SHI.T BURN.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #339 on: August 13, 2009, 11:28:40 PM »

Why the mods don't eliminate road kill like you I will never know.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #340 on: August 13, 2009, 11:33:54 PM »

Why the mods don't eliminate road kill like you I will never know.

THE RPP WATS TO BAN ME.

AGAN.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #341 on: August 14, 2009, 12:09:25 AM »

So? They are inactive in Atlasia, which has been a consistent issue explored by all real attempts at registration reform. Nevertheless, no good solution has ever emerged.

We haven't ever registered large numbers of mysterious newbies who spam their way to the required number of posts. Surely you can understand why some of us, and it's clearly not just those of us in the JCP, find it suspicious.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #342 on: August 14, 2009, 12:11:37 AM »

We haven't ever registered large numbers of mysterious newbies who spam their way to the required number of posts. Surely you can understand why some of us, and it's clearly not just those of us in the JCP, find it suspicious.

Why bgwah why?

Why do you lie?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #343 on: August 14, 2009, 12:12:46 AM »

The RPP is constantly accused of signing up newbies who never get involved, when in fact almost none of our members haven't gotten involved.  This accusation is not new, we heard it about Smid, dead0man, PiT, NCYankee, Daniel Adams, etc., etc.

Just because someone is new in Atlasia does not mean they won't be active, obviously we have to start somewhere.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #344 on: August 14, 2009, 12:16:43 AM »

I'm also sure you can understand why I don't think much of your suspicions when you & your party members make it plainly clear that you don't care at all about activity in Atlasia. Of course, I'm more inclined to address any concerns of non-JCPers.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #345 on: August 14, 2009, 12:21:27 AM »

The whole "which machine is less ethical?" debate really boils down to the nature of each party.

The JCP has been around for a long time and was founded, presumably (as it was way before my time), on the basis of a different time in Atlasia. So its zombies are members from a different era of the game that just fell away. This has pros (they are proven contributing members) and cons (they are less likely to get back into the game).

The RPP has not been around very long and was founded out of some sort of attempt at a shaking up of the game. It's zombies tend to be new members that have never played the game and know little about the forum, oftentimes being recruited right at the legal point. This has pros as well (new blood in the game can lead to some good things) and cons (it whiffs of attempting to rig an election and could lead to trolls, etc.).

I'm not going to judge which one is worse. Each one certainly frustrates me at certain times, but I'm not going to pretend that it's not an integral part of this game. I guess the goal now is to find some way, whether by statute or sheer effort, to simultaneously weaken the machines so no one is advantaged unduly. Perhaps a combination of Hashemite's proposal to clean up inactive members and Marokai's initiative to raise the registration requirements. Just my two cents.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #346 on: August 14, 2009, 12:22:21 AM »

So its zombies are members from a different era of the game that just fell away.

Generally not true anymore, although a year ago most of its zombies were.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #347 on: August 14, 2009, 12:35:21 AM »

I guess the goal now is to find some way, whether by statute or sheer effort, to simultaneously weaken the machines so no one is advantaged unduly. Perhaps a combination of Hashemite's proposal to clean up inactive members and Marokai's initiative to raise the registration requirements. Just my two cents.

The way to do it would be to introduce some sort of reform that required activity in Atlasia. Genuine activity, not just spamming. That would be very difficult to accomplish, however.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #348 on: August 14, 2009, 12:37:16 AM »

I'm also sure you can understand why I don't think much of your suspicions when you & your party members make it plainly clear that you don't care at all about activity in Atlasia. Of course, I'm more inclined to address any concerns of non-JCPers.

I don't believe I was criticizing the activity of RPP members...

I try to recruit as many established forumers as I can to the JCP & Atlasia. Some of them choose not to get terribly involved beyond voting. But even then, many of them do chime in every once in a while, like Alcon and Lunar. I even had BRTD and Boris both come to me telling me they opposed the JCP name change. How would those guys even be aware of that if they never read this forum? And really, when the RPP constantly floods the forum with spamming newbies to vote for them, I cannot help but feel it is necessary to ask all members of my party to vote to counter them and even the playing field.

But what I'm saying is that I think there is something fishy with the latest batch of RPP recruits. And clearly just about everybody who isn't in the RPP feels the same way. But at this point we can only speculate.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #349 on: August 14, 2009, 12:39:59 AM »

I can 100% assure you that none of our voters our socks, our private forum has the IP checks to prove it.  We wouldn't allow such a thing and everyone knows that
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies