The Atlasian Sentinel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:09:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sentinel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sentinel  (Read 64449 times)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: August 06, 2009, 12:01:12 AM »
« edited: August 11, 2009, 11:25:09 PM by Midwest Lt. Governor Vepres »

Universalism proposals were absolutely awful, that's why it started to die out shortly after the initial fuss over the convention. I'm not exactly thrilled with this newspapers subtle favoritism, but, I suppose we're all human and bring our own biases to reporting. Happy to read the newspaper, at the very least.

What favoritism? I though ilikeverin would slam Purple State to be honest. I will always try to eliminate bias and favoritism, and a watchful eye from the readers is a big help, even more so if I'm elected to the Midwest Governorship.

Well, I'm not sure why so much attention was focused on Universalism, it seemed rather out of place. And of course, this newspaper is always kind to Purple State.

Well, I contacted three people. Purple State, the PO and proponent of reforming the current system. I contacted ilikeverin, a proponent of universalism, and I also contacted Fritz, who had no comment, but was a proponent of no change.

I think part of the problem was that I wasn't around for the first few months of the convention, so all I knew I got second hand.

As for the Purple State favoritism, that's about to change.

The Atlasian Sentinel
Breaking News: Purple State Sucks!
By Vepres

According to anonymous sources, Purple State sucks.

Developing...

Tongue

Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #301 on: August 06, 2009, 12:05:21 AM »

Why do you have to become such a whiny bitch everytime someone or something does not agree with you 95 % of the time, Marokai? If you want a newspaper slaming Purple State you have the right to create one. You're sounding awfully similar to a Southern Redneck crying about the evil LEEBERAL media.

Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #302 on: August 06, 2009, 12:08:51 AM »

Why do you have to become such a whiny bitch everytime someone or something does not agree with you 95 % of the time, Marokai? If you want a newspaper slaming Purple State you have the right to create one. You're sounding awfully similar to a Southern Redneck crying about the evil LEEBERAL media.

Except it costs billions of dollars to run a national news channel or newspaper. Marokai can spend five minutes typing whatever he wants bashing Purple State and have it up here right now for all to read.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #303 on: August 06, 2009, 12:11:17 AM »

This newspaper has routinely covered Purple State in a sympathetic light, and has occasionally pointed me out as some trouble-maker (which generally I like the label of), which, in turn, causes me to complain. If you find my criticisms invalid then I look forward to an explanation to such an end.

I fancy myself a loud-mouth but I don't complain just for the sake of it, if I complain, I usually have a reason.

Except it costs billions of dollars to run a national news channel or newspaper. Marokai can spend five minutes typing whatever he wants bashing Purple State and have it up here right now for all to read.

I must admit, and have told plenty of others here as much, that starting a newsletter of my own simply to refute all the other nonsense out there I don't like has been tempting. But I don't expect that to quell the "Marokai whines! I'm whining about Marokai, but he's a bigger whiner!" crowd, hm?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #304 on: August 06, 2009, 12:12:27 AM »

Universalism proposals were absolutely awful, that's why it started to die out shortly after the initial fuss over the convention. I'm not exactly thrilled with this newspapers subtle favoritism, but, I suppose we're all human and bring our own biases to reporting. Happy to read the newspaper, at the very least.

What favoritism? I though ilikeverin would slam Purple State to be honest. I will always try to eliminate bias and favoritism, and a watchful eye from the readers is a big help, even more so if I'm elected to the Midwest Governorship.

Well, I'm not sure why so much attention was focused on Universalism, it seemed rather out of place. And of course, this newspaper is always kind to Purple State.

As for the Purple State favoritism, that's about to change.

The Atlasian Sentinel
Breaking News: Purple State Sucks!
By Vepres

According to anonymous sources, Purple State sucks.

Developing...

Tongue

I like it Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #305 on: August 06, 2009, 10:06:41 AM »
« Edited: August 06, 2009, 10:11:40 AM by Senator Purple State »

Why are you all up so late just to fuss about me?

Marokai, I am one of the most active members in Atlasia. That I make headlines often is no surprise and it really doesn't take much. Also, while we may have policy disagreements, I don't generally piss many people off. Perhaps key members of the JCP dislike me which is why I'm not counting on the JCP machine to turn out many votes for me, but I am generally liked overall.

On a related note, Vepres hasn't even interviewed me yet, so I'm not really sure how you want to explain away that one...

EDIT: I also want to thank ilikeverin for taking it easy on me. Wink
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #306 on: August 06, 2009, 11:10:08 AM »

Why don't you start your own newspaper if you don't like the Atlasian Sentinel or the National Weekly Atlasian? I would offer to hire you, but you go out of your way to be hostile toward me and others.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #307 on: August 06, 2009, 11:56:46 AM »

EDIT: I also want to thank ilikeverin for taking it easy on me. Wink

*hughughug* Grin
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #308 on: August 06, 2009, 05:49:15 PM »

This newspaper has routinely covered Purple State in a sympathetic light, and has occasionally pointed me out as some trouble-maker (which generally I like the label of), which, in turn, causes me to complain. If you find my criticisms invalid then I look forward to an explanation to such an end.

I fancy myself a loud-mouth but I don't complain just for the sake of it, if I complain, I usually have a reason.

I must admit, and have told plenty of others here as much, that starting a newsletter of my own simply to refute all the other nonsense out there I don't like has been tempting. But I don't expect that to quell the "Marokai whines! I'm whining about Marokai, but he's a bigger whiner!" crowd, hm?

Marokai a trouble-maker? who woulda thunk it? Wink
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #309 on: August 11, 2009, 11:24:54 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2009, 11:28:33 PM by Midwest Lt. Governor Vepres »

The Atlasian Sentinel
Pacific Lt. Gubernatorial Race Heats Up
By Vepres

The Lt. Governorship is considered insignificant in most circles, a stepping stone for newbies. The election for the Pacific Lt. Governorship, however, has drawn much attention as newbie RPPer Hamilton attempts to win office in the most JCP region in the country. Ebowed is challenging him, and his party affiliation as well as his extensive experience would normally prove to be an asset. Indeed, he brings it up often in his campaign thread.

However, Ebowed is considered by many to have been a failure as GM, his most recently held position. This has no doubt hurt his credibility with some of the more moderate Pacificers. Recent polls by Survey Atlasia show the race to be competitive, the first in recent Pacific history.

Hamilton has an uphill battle, but to the surprise of many he may stand a chance.

Midwest Governor GMantis Vetoes Two Midwest Referendums
By Vepres

Despite Lewis' executive name amendments passing with a majority of the vote, Governor GMantis exercised his constitutional authority to veto any proposals that receive less than 60% of the vote.

If passed, the name of the Governorship would have been changed to "the position formerly known as the ilikeverinship", and the Lieutenant Governorship would have been changed to " the position formerly known as the ican'tbelieveit'snotverinship".

However, as stated above, neither will become law.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #310 on: August 11, 2009, 11:27:13 PM »

Ebowed, not Meeker, is challenging Hamilton. It's okay, it's late. Wink
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #311 on: August 11, 2009, 11:28:55 PM »

They're both just red Washington avatars to me. Tongue
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #312 on: August 11, 2009, 11:38:13 PM »

And this is what the Pacific needs... not just another empty suit hiding behind a red avatar. We need a true independent voice that will work for the people.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #313 on: August 12, 2009, 05:48:22 PM »

I haven't ran any polls for the Pacific yet. Huh A-Bob did using a title that looked similar to mine, maybe I should sue him for trademark infringement. Grin.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #314 on: August 12, 2009, 05:51:51 PM »

And this is what the Pacific needs... not just another empty suit hiding behind a red avatar. We need a true independent voice that will work for the people.

Says the Blue avatar.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #315 on: August 12, 2009, 06:04:18 PM »

I'll take an empty suit hiding behind a red avatar over an insufferable twelve-year-old with the intellectual acumen of a goldfish any day.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #316 on: August 12, 2009, 06:12:38 PM »

I'll take an empty suit hiding behind a red avatar over an insufferable twelve-year-old with the intellectual acumen of a goldfish any day.

I don't know any of those on this forum but you seem to be the only person acting like one.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #317 on: August 12, 2009, 08:10:04 PM »

I don't know any of those on this forum but you seem to be the only person acting like one.

You're so clever!
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #318 on: August 12, 2009, 10:55:38 PM »

Meeker is one of our oldest and still a very respected poster here.  Hes also a friend of mine Hamilton and to my knowledge he'd never said anything to you man.  Please be respectful.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #319 on: August 12, 2009, 10:57:18 PM »

Meeker is one of our oldest and still a very respected poster here.  Hes also a friend of mine Hamilton and to my knowledge he'd never said anything to you man.  Please be respectful.

He actually has, in other threads, for reasons unknown, simply stating "I don't like you." HW, I like you, but please don't judge me on my disagreeing with someone who insults me without offering me justification.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #320 on: August 12, 2009, 10:59:01 PM »

He actually has, in other threads, for reasons unknown, simply stating "I don't like you." HW, I like you, but please don't judge me on my disagreeing with someone who insults me without offering me justification.

I'm not judging you dude.  Just saying.  I had'nt seen him disrespecting you before.  I've never seen him disrespect anyone actually lol.  Just saying man.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #321 on: August 12, 2009, 10:59:48 PM »

I'm not judging you dude.  Just saying.  I had'nt seen him disrespecting you before.  I've never seen him disrespect anyone actually lol.  Just saying man.

I'm not trying to say you're judging, I'm just hoping that you don't. He said he really dislikes me, and has taunted my candidacy in multiple threads.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #322 on: August 13, 2009, 01:12:42 AM »

I never said I disliked you simply for personal reasons. I simply responded to your accusation that I was a partisan hack by noting that my objection to you was not based on party affiliation but rather on your own personal actions since arriving in Atlasia. As HappyWarrior correctly observed, I'm hardly ever rude or even confrontational towards anyone - it's simply not in my nature. However, when someone such as you comes along and practically demands I respond, there's nothing more I can do then defend myself and my friends.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #323 on: August 13, 2009, 01:14:52 AM »

I never said I disliked you simply for personal reasons. I simply responded to your accusation that I was a partisan hack by noting that my objection to you was not based on party affiliation but rather on your own personal actions since arriving in Atlasia. As HappyWarrior correctly observed, I'm hardly ever rude or even confrontational towards anyone - it's simply not in my nature. However, when someone such as you comes along and practically demands I respond, there's nothing more I can do then defend myself and my friends.

Well you said you dislike me, and I took it personally. I also said you were being a dick to me, which was wrong. I would like to make it clear to you that maybe there is a bit of misunderstanding but I don't hold anything against you anymore and appreciate you helping to clear things up.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #324 on: August 13, 2009, 01:15:51 AM »

Can more than one person be a dick to you? 'Cause i'll jump in if I can.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies