Keystone Phil Appreciation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:06:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Keystone Phil Appreciation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Keystone Phil Appreciation  (Read 3371 times)
MK
Mike Keller
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 14, 2009, 07:08:27 PM »

I would like to give props to Keystone Phil.   From what I have observed he's one of the best posters here if not the best, and overall a great guy just from the way he conducts himself.   Unlike others Easerhead, Fezzy, Franzl, Lunar , Brtd , Hashemite he doesn't engage in flame wars and mudslinging.  Also he doesn't have the  "You don't belong on the same stage/site as me so leave" attitude that is all too common among this forum.  Not to take anything  away from those I listed - you guys are smart.  But Keystone Phil is a straight up leader.

Being intelligent does not necessarily mean you have the leadership and Phil exhibits both.   I can see him as Senator or Governor one day.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 07:12:42 PM »

I appreciate your appreciation of me. It's an honour to be on a troll's hate list.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 07:16:04 PM »

I would like to give props to Keystone Phil.   From what I have observed he's one of the best posters here if not the best, and overall a great guy just from the way he conducts himself.   Unlike others Easerhead, Fezzy, Franzl, Lunar , Brtd , Hashemite he doesn't engage in flame wars and mudslinging.  Also he doesn't have the  "You don't belong on the same stage/site as me so leave" attitude that is all too common among this forum.  Not to take anything  away from those I listed - you guys are smart.  But Keystone Phil is a straight up leader.

Being intelligent does not necessarily mean you have the leadership and Phil exhibits both.   I can see him as Senator or Governor one day.

Phil doesn't engage in flame wars??  what??
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 07:21:51 PM »

The funny thing is that this thread itself is an obvious attempt at starting a flame war.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 07:26:51 PM »

The funny thing is that this thread itself is an obvious attempt at starting a flame war.

See this is what I'm talking about.  It always a negative attitude coming from you or some of the others.

I'm being honest here.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 07:27:17 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2009, 07:33:07 PM by Brian from Family Guy »

Phil doesn't engage in flame wars??  what??

Seconded.  He's gotten better, but still goes after people myself included.  I'm wonder how a certain Long Island poster knew what a "Kenzo" was?  Hmm??  It's ok.  All part of the act.  However, I should note for out of town posters that basically means I'm urban white trash.  It's about the George Allen equivalent of macaca.  I'm sure I've taken shots at him too.  I would not ask Phil to leave however.   

I've come to the point where I should put in my signature:

"Phil flame war directed at me in 5...4...3...2...1.  Here's Keystone Phil!"
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 07:32:50 PM »

I appreciate Keystone Phil.

I also appreciate Mike Keller.  Your positions and ideas may be trollish and stupid, but at least you have positions and ideas (see little kids who I want banned). Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 07:36:33 PM »

Amazing that two people posting here are also infamous for flame wars. I don't think I necessarily start them all that often but I certain join in and don't make it much better.  Wink

Anyway, MK, your check is in the mail. I threw in a few extra bucks because of your extra ass kissing.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 07:39:36 PM »

I threw in a few extra bucks because of your extra ass kissing.

Don't worry about it man, it was his pleasure.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 07:39:45 PM »

I appreciate Keystone Phil as well. He's one of the most intelligent posters here & I always look forward to what he has to say about the issues.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 07:44:30 PM »

Amazing that two people posting here are also infamous for flame wars. I don't think I necessarily start them all that often but I certain join in and don't make it much better.  Wink

Anyway, MK, your check is in the mail. I threw in a few extra bucks because of your extra ass kissing.

Other than perhaps with the fake Coburn, I'm usually not someone to start flame wars, but will generally join in them.  Anyway, what two posters are better to dispute the fact that you don't engage in flame wars than the two posters you engage with the most back and forth flame wars with??  Well perhaps with the exception of fezzy.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 07:45:53 PM »

I appreciate Keystone Phil as well. He's one of the most intelligent posters here & I always look forward to what he has to say about the issues.

I'll definitely give him credit there, but he can be harsh.  This Forum would not be the same without him.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 07:46:15 PM »

I appreciate Phil, except when he's supporting Lonegan and Corzine. Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 07:48:36 PM »

Seconded.  He's gotten better, but still goes after people myself included.  I'm wonder how a certain Long Island poster knew what a "Kenzo" was?  Hmm??  It's ok.  All part of the act.  However, I should note for out of town posters that basically means I'm urban white trash.  It's about the George Allen equivalent of macaca.  I'm sure I've taken shots at him too.  I would not ask Phil to leave however.   

This post is hilarious proof that you constantly change the subject to local stuff. It's as if you're doing it on purpose now since nothing in the post really has anything to do with me starting or engaging in a flame war.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 07:50:16 PM »

When the hell did Franzl, and Fezzy engage in a flame war?Huh   

Ass
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 07:53:14 PM »

I'm wonder how a certain Long Island poster knew what a "Kenzo" was?  Hmm??  It's ok.  All part of the act.  However, I should note for out of town posters that basically means I'm urban white trash.  It's about the George Allen equivalent of macaca.

It's all in good fun, Patrick.

By the way, you've got the record button on . . . turn it off.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 07:54:54 PM »

I'm wonder how a certain Long Island poster knew what a "Kenzo" was?  Hmm??  It's ok.  All part of the act.  However, I should note for out of town posters that basically means I'm urban white trash.  It's about the George Allen equivalent of macaca.

It's all in good fun, Patrick.

By the way, you've got the record button on . . . turn it off.

Excuse me? "Turn" it off? He said "durn it off." It's that south 10th Councilman district accent.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 07:56:44 PM »

This post is hilarious proof that you constantly change the subject to local stuff. It's as if you're doing it on purpose now since nothing in the post really has anything to do with me starting or engaging in a flame war.

You and AndrewBerger (Ron Mexico) are/were on Teamspeak a lot.  I have a VERY strong inkling as the where he got his source as to the term "Kenso" so yes, it is relevant.  And it's pretty insulting and I know the connotation you're getting at.  Anytime I come on to something that might bite you in the ass a little bit, you're new strategy, and yes I've noticed, is to discount it's relevance.  Correct my inkling if I'm wrong.   
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 07:57:46 PM »

You and AndrewBerger (Ron Mexico) are/were on Teamspeak a lot.  I have a VERY strong inkling as the where he got his source as to the term "Kenso" so yes, it is relevant. 

No, it's not because it has nothing to do with engaging in a flame war.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 07:59:26 PM »

You and AndrewBerger (Ron Mexico) are/were on Teamspeak a lot.  I have a VERY strong inkling as the where he got his source as to the term "Kenso" so yes, it is relevant.

It's all good on here.  This Forum is bound to have flame wars sometimes.  Sometimes you're rants against me can be pretty funny.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 08:01:25 PM »

Franzl is cool since he settled down.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 08:05:11 PM »

As long as you guys are on the subject, I've seen this "Teamspeak" thing referenced in various old threads.  What was it and is it still extant?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 08:06:25 PM »

As long as you guys are on the subject, I've seen this "Teamspeak" thing referenced in various old threads.  What was it and is it still extant?

How old are you? Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2009, 08:06:43 PM »

It's all good on here.  This Forum is bound to have flame wars sometimes.  Sometimes you're rants against me can be pretty funny.

Right, like I said, your example has nothing to do with flame wars. I'm glad you agree (since you just totally ignored the post you quoted).

By the way, all of your rants and "advice" are hilarious.

Teamspeak is an ancient institution. We are on to bigger and better things now.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2009, 08:13:00 PM »

How old are you? Tongue

Was it my ignorance of Teamspeak or my use of "extant?"

I was assuming that it was some kind of precursor to Skype geared to conference calls.  Sounds like I'm right.  Whatever else I am, I'm not exactly a tech wizard.  Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies