New Democratic Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:37:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Democratic Party
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: New Democratic Party  (Read 1914 times)
JerryBrown2010
KyleGordon2016
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.68, S: -9.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 09, 2009, 10:52:02 PM »

Hello everyone welcome to the new Democratic Party.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 11:14:06 PM »

what is your platform as of now?
JerryBrown2010
KyleGordon2016
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 11:19:14 PM »

what platform?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 11:22:32 PM »

The party's platform.
JerryBrown2010
KyleGordon2016
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 12:05:29 AM »

Are party is left wing, we support Abortion and belief that the wealthy should be taxed and the middle class should get tax cuts.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 12:13:25 AM »

oh. sounds good so far. anything else?
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 12:42:20 AM »

Are party is left wing, we support Abortion and belief that the wealthy should be taxed and the middle class should get tax cuts.

Well, you got part of it right
JerryBrown2010
KyleGordon2016
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 12:43:14 AM »

This party has overwhelming support for all stem cell research with federal funding, also the Democratic Party supports equal opportunity for all Americans regardless of sex, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, or national origin. The democratic party believes that the government should protect the environment. The one thing this party thinks would get us more energy and make it environment friendly is making wind power by building more wind turbines, also making more solar panels available.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 12:46:23 AM »

hmmm you have some good thoughts. now get people to join. Pm people and explain it to them.
JerryBrown2010
KyleGordon2016
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 12:46:36 AM »

The wealthy need to be taxed, trickle down economics doesn't work, and we should be able give the right to women to have a CHOICE to have an abortion.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 12:55:17 AM »

The wealthy need to be taxed, trickle down economics doesn't work, and we should be able give the right to women to have a CHOICE to have an abortion.

Oops, I noticed I crossed that out on accident.

I am neutral on abortion.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 06:33:15 AM »

The platform sounds like it was written by a 10 year old.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 07:38:40 AM »

All of these values are already supported by one if not two parties. Useless party.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 07:57:29 AM »

All of these values are already supported by one if not two parties. Useless party.

The JCP is more of a one-man party, like the ADQ. Sure, it has a huge membership, but without Jesus (bgwah), it is not a party.

As for the Democratic Alliance, it is far too moderate economically.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 10:09:30 AM »

You don't think the wealthy should be taxed?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 10:57:59 AM »

Now that we have official party status, we should do some party stuff.  The first thing we should do is elect a chair. I nominate myself.
JerryBrown2010
KyleGordon2016
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 01:30:13 PM »

Now that we have official party status, we should do some party stuff.  The first thing we should do is elect a chair. I nominate myself.

Yes. I'll nominate you too.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 03:06:53 PM »

The JCP is more of a one-man party, like the ADQ. Sure, it has a huge membership, but without Jesus (bgwah), it is not a party.

Was a one-man party. Me, Marokai and Lief are quite active.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009, 04:22:55 PM »

You don't think the wealthy should be taxed?

There should be a flat income tax.  The wealthy obviously pay more since everyone pays at the same percentage rate (say 20% of their income).

But no, the rich should not be taxed through the roof. 
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 01:29:51 PM »

You have no platform, no organization, no conventions, etc. Where's the fun in that?

Yes. I'll nominate you too.

Thank you Kyle.

Any other nominations?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009, 06:26:11 PM »

You have no platform, no organization, no conventions, etc. Where's the fun in that?

I would be fine with conventions, but right now it seems like a waste of time. Party endorsements are almost entirely meaningless and if two people from the same party wanted to run there's nothing you can do to stop them aside from some show-and-tell.

A platform would be nice, but again, everyone knows the JCP varies economically and is mostly concerned with social liberalism and civil liberties. I like you Earl, but I was able to put aside my earlier misgivings about the JCP and give them a shot because I actually cared about the left-wing in Atlasia, which, prior to the SDP joining the JCP, was in piss-poor shape.

I see you're trying to go back in time here.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 09:20:11 PM »

I would be fine with conventions, but right now it seems like a waste of time. Party endorsements are almost entirely meaningless and if two people from the same party wanted to run there's nothing you can do to stop them aside from some show-and-tell.

A platform would be nice, but again, everyone knows the JCP varies economically and is mostly concerned with social liberalism and civil liberties. I like you Earl, but I was able to put aside my earlier misgivings about the JCP and give them a shot because I actually cared about the left-wing in Atlasia, which, prior to the SDP joining the JCP, was in piss-poor shape.

I see you're trying to go back in time here.

I'm not trying to go back in time, in fact I came along after the Democrats were a major party. I believe I first joined the ILP (Independent Liberal Party), or at least when I was first active, I joined them.

I joined the Democrats, because I am looking for a left wing alternative to the JCP. I support most of the members of the JCP, but I have had no interest in joining the party. I've been wanting to leave the SDP since it folded, but I have had nowhere to turn. Perhaps something can come out of this. I want to be involved with an active political party, because I find party stuff to be enjoyable, and it's good for keeping members interested/active. So what if endorsements are useless? They're still fun!

Oh well, that's just my 2 cents.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 09:27:04 PM »

All I'm saying is the last time we had a "left wing alternative" to the JCP, the RPP took over half the Senate, and the DA managed to siphon off enough votes to purge Lief, the only solid left-winger in the Senate.

I don't care about party, I care about getting my ideology elected, and I know that last time we tried this diverse left-wing idea, moderates and conservatives reigned supreme (and still do, to some extent.)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 10:14:40 PM »

The JCP hasn't been a one man party for years. We've consistently had at least ~4 office holders since 2006.

The party might likely fall apart without me, but has this not been true for many parties in the past? The SDP slowly died off without Xahar. The NLC seems to have had a similar fate. As well as many other parties farther back in Atlasia's past. The JCP has alraedy far outlived any other party in Atlasia, so I'm not sure I would say the party's dependence on me has necessarily been a bad thing.

Platforms seem unnecessary. I strongly disagree on the lack of organization part. As for conventions, I've been seriously considering creating an endorsements thread. In the past, there weren't enough members (in my opinion) to justify such actions, as we effectively communicated with each other through PMs and AIM. But with the party much larger, such methods probably will not work terribly well anymore.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 01:14:42 AM »

All I'm saying is the last time we had a "left wing alternative" to the JCP, the RPP took over half the Senate, and the DA managed to siphon off enough votes to purge Lief, the only solid left-winger in the Senate.

I don't care about party, I care about getting my ideology elected, and I know that last time we tried this diverse left-wing idea, moderates and conservatives reigned supreme (and still do, to some extent.)

Um, our elections aren't first past the post, so all this worry about vote splitting is hogwash.  The only problem I can remember was the JCP elite just voting for their members, and no one else. I think that kind of behaviour was the problem, and something that still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Anyways, I don't see the creation of a new left wing alternative as a threat to leftist politics in Atlasia. I would encourage our members to support members of the JCP who share our common principles and values, and I would hope that would be reciprocated. There's no reason why we can't work together.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies