Who did Michael Moore endorse in 2000? Alan Keyes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:02:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2000 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Who did Michael Moore endorse in 2000? Alan Keyes
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who did Michael Moore endorse in 2000? Alan Keyes  (Read 4342 times)
TheCommentator
AL098
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 06, 2004, 03:19:50 AM »

This from wikipedia:

In 2000, Michael Moore's The Awful Truth television show took a portable mosh pit across the country and challenged presidential candidates to dive in. The premise was that the show would endorse any Presidential hopeful crazy enough to do it. At one debate the mosh pit was called "the defining moment of the 2000 election."

At a town hall event being staged by Ronald Reagan's former ambassador to the United Nations Social and Economic Council, Alan Keyes, aides went outside to see what all the commotion was about. When informed that Keyes could get the endorsement of "The Awful Truth with Michael Moore," Keyes' national field director dove into the pit, hoping that would suffice for the endorsement. He then brought out "Uncle Sam," a Keyes supporter who also jumped in.

Alan Keyes, after being convinced for several minutes by his daughter to dive in also, did exactly that. He dove backwards into the screaming crowd of youths to the sound of Rage Against the Machine and surfed the crowd. After a couple of body slams with a spiked-hair youth from Ames high school, he left the pit with the official endorsement of the show.

Michael Moore said of the incident: "We knew Alan Keyes was insane. We just didn't know how insane until that moment."
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 11:27:02 AM »

The show endorsed Alan Keyes; Michael Moore endorsed Ralph Nader (and semi-endorsed Al Gore in the final days of the campaign).
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 01:06:12 PM »

That's pretty funny.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 08:39:16 AM »

Even though politically he may be the most opposite from me of any person out there, I do find him amusing and to an extent like him, although I do think he has A) a HUGE ego, and B) severe problems on how to run a campaign. 
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 05:57:01 PM »

That's pretty funny, indeed.

However, I'm not sure what would strike me as weirder if you told me of it: Michael Moore endorsing Alan Keyes or Alan Keyes in a moshpit.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 08:36:22 PM »

Crazies of all stripes are hilarious
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies