When will the first female U.S. President be elected?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:00:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: When will the first female U.S. President be elected?

2028+

Never

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: When will the first female U.S. President be elected?  (Read 10918 times)
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 08, 2009, 02:21:27 PM »

Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 02:34:21 PM »

Hopefully not 2012... <.<

This is almost impossible to guess, if four years ago you'd have asked when the first black president would be elected no one would have guessed 2008. (Maybe Obama himself, but NO ONE else)

I believe it'll be within the next two decades however. 
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 03:51:37 PM »

Sarah Palin in 2012 and 2016
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 05:33:57 PM »

2012 Prospects: Sarah Palin, Susan Collins
2016 Prospects: Hillary Clinton, Kirsten Gillibrand, Kay Hagan, Jennifer Granholm, Susan Collins, Kathleen Sebelius, Condy Rice, Marsha Blackburn, etc.
2020: TBD

I voted 2016, but that doesn't necessarily mean I think a female will win in 2016. Who knows? It may never happen.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 06:48:14 PM »

Lol, I love Jennifer Granholm but that eint  happening, because it would be illegal. 
GLPman
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 10:02:59 PM »

There is no accurate way to predict this, let alone make a poll for the subject.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 10:36:39 PM »

God help us all. That would be the day I actually moved to Russia via Wasilla. Tongue 

Since I think Obama will be reelected to a second term, I think we could see a woman in the White House possibly in 2016. While I'd love to see Hillary run again, I don't think she will in 2016 considering she'll be almost 70 years old then. Yes, I know, McCain was like 72 when he ran, but there's a double standard applied to female politicians. But I will say this much, it will hopefully be the Democratic Party that shatters that highest, hardest glass ceiling that Hillary worked so hard for. Some have mentioned my Senator Claire McCaskill as a possibility as well. Someone who I think would be good for our party, but is hardly ever in the news, is Sen. Patty Murray of Washington.

The Republicans would need to nominate a moderate such as Susan Collins or Olympia Snowe but they are both pro-choice and pro-gay rights so that automatically eliminates them from getting the nomination. Sarah Palin is far too polarizing (abstinence only? Give me a break), controversial (recall the "real" American comments), inexperienced (the Bush Doctrine is his world view, lol), and to be frank, too stupid (not knowing that Africa is a continent?!). And I'm sure Saturday Night Live and Tina Fey will just LOVE to bring her down again just like they did in 2008. Let's face it, the "I can see Russia from my house" line is just classic. Cheesy

I'll stick to my belief that the best female presidential candidate the Republicans could nominate would be Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas. I don't agree with her on lots but she is not as polarizing and demeaning as the majority of the Republican Party is. I like her charm and personality and could actually fathom voting for her (this coming from someone who has never voted Republican). Plus she's like extremely popular in her home state of Texas so that would be a good springboard.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 12:01:12 AM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 01:33:07 AM »

Either Hillary Clinton is elected in 2016, or we'll have to wait for many years.
pragmatic liberal

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 10:00:31 PM »

Personally, I think the 2016 Democratic ticket will almost certainly have a woman on it, if not as the presidential nominee than as the vice presidential nominee.

Watch for Kirsten Gilibrand, Lisa Madigan, Kay Hagan and others.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 07:36:01 AM »

Lol, I love Jennifer Granholm but that eint  happening, because it would be illegal. 

Yeah, she has certainly done wonders for the economy in Michigan, a shining example of what the whole US needs to do!

The Republicans would need to nominate a moderate such as Susan Collins or Olympia Snowe but they are both pro-choice and pro-gay rights so that automatically eliminates them from getting the nomination.

And Democrats need to only nominate moderates like Evan Bayh, Joe Lieberman, Ben Nelson and Zell Miller.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 07:38:10 AM »

Yeah, she has certainly done wonders for the economy in Michigan, a shining example of what the whole US needs to do!

The Republicans would need to nominate a moderate such as Susan Collins or Olympia Snowe but they are both pro-choice and pro-gay rights so that automatically eliminates them from getting the nomination.

And Democrats need to only nominate moderates like Evan Bayh, Joe Lieberman, Ben Nelson and Zell Miller.

Lieberman a moderate ? Lieberman is a conservative who has nothing to do in the democratic party.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 07:50:18 AM »

Lieberman a moderate ? Lieberman is a conservative who has nothing to do in the democratic party.

Why not? I thought the Democrats were a big tent party? He's economically liberal.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 08:01:44 AM »

Why not? I thought the Democrats were a big tent party? He's economically liberal.

Hes continually votes against democrats, until he finally chose to endorse McCain. He has absolutely the right to do so, but he musn't be astonished if someone considers he's not just a moderate democrat. Moderate or populist democrats, blue dogs exist, but Lieberman is not one of them.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 08:07:53 AM »

Hes continually votes against democrats, until he finally chose to endorse McCain. He has absolutely the right to do so, but he musn't be astonished if someone considers he's not just a moderate democrat. Moderate or populist democrats, blue dogs exist, but Lieberman is not one of them.

Then what is wrong with people calling out Powell for what he did?
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 09:25:56 AM »

2016: it will most likely be Hillary
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 10:02:02 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ouch, burning sarcasm. That stings

Her economic skills has proved to be crappy, at best. The problem is that she's too soft on those idiotic corupt unions. Getting the economy back on track in Michigan would take some pretty unpopular decisions which unfortenatley neither a democrat nor republican is willing to take. Considering Granholm can hardly get less popular in Michigan there should be no reason for her not to take them. 

Her economic record is obviously not why I like her, but her stance on other issues like enviorment and social issues. That's why I'd like to see her in the surpreme court, but I'll admit she has been too weak as a governor.

Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 01:19:45 PM »

A consensus seems to be emerging that 2016 will be the year.  Both Clinton and Palin played on the "time for a woman" theme a bit in 2008.  Will 2016 be "past due for a woman?"  Who knows, maybe we will see both parties nominate women that year.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009, 03:46:10 PM »

If Obama is reelected and Clinton serves as Secretary of State for 8 years, she could be seen as the heir apparent in 2016, assuming Biden doesn't run.
the artist formerly known as catmusic
catmusic
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.16, S: -7.91

P
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 08:03:04 PM »

around 2016. I'd be surprised if it was never.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 09:26:50 PM »

Malia Obama in 2036. Smiley
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 09:38:25 PM »

Or, alternatively...
None, in the election of 2012, 100% of people vote for Obama to have supreme dictator power, so there are no more elections. However the first female President is Malia Obama after His Supreme Eminence Barack I dies in 2049.

Cheesy
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 04:47:50 PM »

I agree that nothing short of divine intervention will allow Palin to win the nomination let alone the general (though I'm sure Palin firmly believes the Almighty is firmly in her corner).

Yes I realize it's 7 years away, but.....

Assuming it's an open race in 2016 (Biden will surely retire) I believe Clinton's time will have passed and Palin will remain as unelectable as ever. The current female GOP senators are all pro-choice IIRC, and I don't see the GOP changing enough to permit such a nominee by 2016. I'm struggling to recall any other competitive female candidates for senator or governor in 2010, though I'm surely forgetting some.

Assuming no women come out of the woodwork in 2010 or 2012 and try running for president as a first term whatever, that leaves some of the younger Democratic women in the Senate (Klobuchar, Gillibrand, maybe Lincoln) who would likely still be around in 2016 and still young enough to run for president. Possibly Seliebus or Napolitano if they return to their home states for senate runs (or even a return to the statehouse--cabinet seats are historically a bad springboard for national office). Maybe even Herseth-Sandlin if she makes the jump to governor or (less likely) senator in the meantime.

Thoughts?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 04:48:29 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ouch, burning sarcasm. That stings

Her economic skills has proved to be crappy, at best. The problem is that she's too soft on those idiotic corupt unions. Getting the economy back on track in Michigan would take some pretty unpopular decisions which unfortenatley neither a democrat nor republican is willing to take. Considering Granholm can hardly get less popular in Michigan there should be no reason for her not to take them. 

Her economic record is obviously not why I like her, but her stance on other issues like enviorment and social issues. That's why I'd like to see her in the surpreme court, but I'll admit she has been too weak as a governor.

Hey, I like this guy.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 04:57:01 PM »

2020 or 2024, most likely.

Sarah Palin is not going to be the next President of the United States, no matter who idiotic this country gets, and since she will be the "female hope" in the up coming race for the GOP, I doubt any other woman, even if there were one available, would be able to compete.

Even if Hillary Clinton does run in 2016, which I doubt she will due to age, she would be either saddle bagged with an administration that had just been voted out of office, or with Democrat fatigue, even if all eight years of Obama were successful, which as history has proven, even if he is reelected, the Second term will be mediocre at best, Obama's ability to walk on water not withstanding.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies