Democratic Alliance Convention: May-June 2009 - ENDORSEMENT VOTE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:24:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Alliance Convention: May-June 2009 - ENDORSEMENT VOTE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Democratic Alliance Convention: May-June 2009 - ENDORSEMENT VOTE  (Read 10535 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 30, 2009, 10:32:10 PM »
« edited: July 09, 2009, 08:03:37 AM by Independência ou Morte! »

As per Section II, Article A of the Democratic Alliance bylaws and in my capacity as President of the DA, I call this convention to order, fellow delegates and members.

As per Section I, Article A, Clause 1 and 2 of the Democratic Alliance bylaws, the President and Deputy Leader must be elected or re-elected at this convention according to the DA's bylaws.

Upon conclusion of these votes, the President shall nominate a Secretary, who shall then be duly confirmed by the delegates.

When these formalities have taken place, voting on endorsements (in races where the DA has not yet nominated or candidate or does not plan to do so) and proposed platform amendments will be open.

I ask that the Secretary provides to the leadership an up-to-date account of the party's current membership to determine who is eligible for office and party votes.

Bylaws
Platform
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 10:41:32 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2009, 06:22:00 AM by Senator Purple State »

Current member list:
*Hashemite, President
*hannibal, Deputy Leader
*afleitch
*AndrewCT
*Cuivienen
*Devilman88
*Franzl
*Gustaf
*JLD
*Progressive Realist
*Purple State
*Senator Conor Flynn
*TCash101
*jro660
*KyleGordon2016
*hcallega
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 01:07:00 PM »

What is next?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 02:38:59 PM »

Please read the OP.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 03:42:54 PM »

I propose that candidates for President and Deputy Leader shall have 48 hours to declare candidacy, followed by a 72 hour voting period.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 03:44:50 PM »

I will run for re-election as President.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 04:32:24 PM »

I will be running for Deputy Leader of the DA.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 09:31:51 PM »

I will not be running for reelection as Deputy Leader.  After all he has done for the party I think PS has a right to the post.  (Also I will hopefully be VP come next month Wink )
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 06:53:56 PM »

Since no one else seems to want to run can we go ahead and start the voting process?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 06:55:08 PM »

Since no one else seems to want to run can we go ahead and start the voting process?

I will abide to the 48 hour limit to give people full time to announce.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 07:00:38 PM »

In the meantime, I do believe we should endorse a candidate for the upcoming special election. While we will not be running a candidate in the race, I think it is important as a party that we weigh in, especially with questions of Senate balance in question.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 07:01:13 PM »

In the meantime, I do believe we should endorse a candidate for the upcoming special election. While we will not be running a candidate in the race, I think it is important as a party that we weigh in, especially with questions of Senate balance in question.

Sure, we can do that.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 07:02:26 PM »

I would prefer to wait another day...if you all don't mind. There may be another candidate entering.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 07:04:37 PM »

I would prefer to wait another day...if you all don't mind. There may be another candidate entering.

Is there a deadline for when someone can enter a special senate race?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 07:04:54 PM »

Didn't mean to rush it. Just putting it out there that we should arrange for one. We can hold the endorsement vote Tuesday and Wednesday, announce Thursday morning.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 08:40:37 PM »

I do hope the DA considers supporting the candidate in the race for DWTL's seat with a track record of activity and coming up with & following through on my ideas, and not just when an election crops up Wink
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 08:43:46 PM »

I do hope the DA considers supporting the candidate in the race for DWTL's seat with a track record of activity and coming up with & following through on my ideas, and not just when an election crops up Wink

I would hope they would support the most moderate of three, one who may or may not have a green Indiana avatar.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 08:44:29 PM »

I would appreciate if all candidates could address the convention and delegates with the reasons why they should be elected and why a party with our platform and ideas should endorse them.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 09:14:04 PM »

Ah, thank you for that opportunity, Hashemite Smiley

I don't pretend to be a very centrist individual. In fact, I pride myself in the fact that I do represent an ideology and that, despite that ideology, people recognize that I remain fiercely interested in debate, discussion, new ideas and suggestions.. etc, and that I've always retained an open mind despite having that set of beliefs. Even Rowan agrees! Tongue

But I know the Democratic Alliance isn't really about a strict ideology, it's about pragmatism, it's about debate, and it's about getting things done. I do however think that, first and foremost, the DA is about results, and I've definitely delivered on that front. I've remained a consistently active and productive member of Atlasia.

As Attorney General I've written a new Introduction Thread that we've needed for eons, a project to bring the entire community in on repairing Atlasia's wiki, I've written legislation that I've introduced to Senators in private, and all the while keeping up with the responsibility that my job, like wiki editing/repair (the front page layout had to be redesigned because if moved in just the wrong direction, all the code conflicted, I took a long time to fix that while still making it look good) and pursuing legal actions when necessary, winning both cases that I brought before the Supreme Court.

I want to continue that dedication, and bring it to the Senate, where I would be committed to debate, and bringing in more people to the fold. I admit, the fire I promise to bring to the Senate might not be appreciated by some, but I think most of us can appreciate the promise of new activity Wink

Irrespective of my personal ideology, I believe my record is something that a results-oriented party like the Democratic Alliance can definitely get behind, and I think my history shows my promises can be kept. I also think that the DA appreciates diversity, believing that the intense discussion that should be had over important issues can always improve the outcome of an issue that lacked that interest, and more debate is certainly something we need in this Senate.

I also believe that I could easily work together with the more center left members of the Senate, HappyWarrior and Purple State, both esteemed members of Atlasia and members this party should be proud of. Smiley
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 09:40:55 PM »

Marokai I really must ask why you trying for our endorsement when you have repeatedly spoken ill of our party, basically saying we are a bunch of empty suits without an ideology?  If it were not for this I would immediatly call for the party to endorse you. (In no small part because of our agreement on economic issues)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 10:00:11 PM »

I will be addressing the convention soon, likely tomorrow. My house had an air conditioning outage last night, and I was trying to sleep in 85 degrees and was awake at 6:30 this morning to meet the repair men. But incase a decision was going to be made tonight, I'd like to say my piece before hand.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 10:07:57 PM »

Marokai I really must ask why you trying for our endorsement when you have repeatedly spoken ill of our party, basically saying we are a bunch of empty suits without an ideology?  If it were not for this I would immediatly call for the party to endorse you. (In no small part because of our agreement on economic issues)

Despite our disagreements you are a well respected Party that does work to get the job done. As is the case with any political system, we will never be in 100% agreement (most of our recent squabbles have been about your P/VP ticket, that's all), but I have no problem with much of the DA's membership.

I do hope we can look past the disagreements we have now and will have in the future (they're inevitable between any two people, of course) and see the quality of the candidate. Smiley
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 10:24:42 PM »

PiT's RPP project gave me an idea, so here is a compilation of party membership by region:

DA                JCP                   RPP
Region
Mideast                6                  3                          6
Northeast             6                  3                          4
Southeast            0                   3                          8
Pacific                  1                  17                        2
Midwest               3                  3                          3

Numbers are probably slightly off, as comparing the lists are incredibly blurring and some numbers aren't adding up. Feel free to provide corrections.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 10:29:23 PM »

PiT's RPP project gave me an idea, so here is a compilation of party membership by region:

DA                JCP                   RPP
Region
Mideast                6                  3                          6
Northeast             6                  3                          4
Southeast            0                   3                          8
Pacific                  1                  17                        2
Midwest               3                  3                          3

Numbers are probably slightly off, as comparing the lists are incredibly blurring and some numbers aren't adding up. Feel free to provide corrections.

What is PiT's RPP Project?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2009, 10:30:55 PM »

His map of where the RPP is and is not.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies