Glorious Nuclear Test of the Heroic DPRK Army
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:29:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Glorious Nuclear Test of the Heroic DPRK Army
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Glorious Nuclear Test of the Heroic DPRK Army  (Read 2365 times)
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 24, 2009, 11:07:07 PM »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iURO8fOyWVOA0ytFlaAGuC9F7R9wD98D0E580

Oh, and here's a 4.7 earthquake which occurred not far from the past nuclear test: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2009hbaf.php#maps
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 02:07:34 PM »

Nuke against rice, would that be the deal?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 03:10:21 PM »

Three cheers for the Heroic DPRK Army!
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 06:26:58 PM »

What city would they be the most likely to nuke in a surprise attack?  Tokyo & Seoul?
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 07:28:49 PM »

What city would they be the most likely to nuke in a surprise attack?  Tokyo & Seoul?
well they arent likely to nuke in a surprise attack but in anycase i think seoul is far more likely for one thing im not sure their missiles would make it to tokyo as they have been shown to be quite unreliable at long distances.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 07:36:30 PM »

well they arent likely to nuke in a surprise attack but in anycase i think seoul is far more likely for one thing im not sure their missiles would make it to tokyo as they have been shown to be quite unreliable at long distances.

If they nuked Seoul, a large part of North Korea would be hit strongly by fallout and/or radiation.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 07:38:18 PM »

If they nuked Seoul, a large part of North Korea would be hit strongly by fallout and/or radiation.

Of course, we're making the assumption that they care.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 07:52:07 PM »

very true but the only time NK is gonna use a nuke is when they decide to commit suicide, its not like they are gonna nuke anybody and survive.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 10:56:00 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2009, 10:58:29 PM by Lunar »

It depends on what model of international relations you subscribe to.

One theory notes that Kim Jong-Il has a solid control over the country, and this is a guy that obsesses over Daffy Duck & Elizabeth Taylor, wears high heels, has passionate phobias, kidnaps film directors whom he likes, and so on.

Another says North Korea is just as rational of an actor as Finland.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 11:48:06 AM »

Of course, we're making the assumption that they care.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 12:07:09 PM »

I'm not sure "strongly" is the correct word...how many nukes do they have?  What direction are the winds? 

It would be ridiculously easy of N.Korea to not see any radiation at all by just looking at local weather maps before launch.

________

If N.Korea launches an attack (which they likely won't without Chinese approval and support, which opens up another much larger can of worms and in any case likely wouldn't be much of a surprise by the time it got to a shooting war), it will be at Seoul and the various military bases just south of the DMZ.  But they won't be doing that.  Much more likely they sell a nuke to somebody else, who then uses it in Tel Aviv or Manhatten.  It will take about two seconds for the CIA/NSA/Mossad/MI5 to figure out where it came from and about 5 days later, an invasion (assuming actors in N.Korea don't cut off the head of the beast).
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 03:01:17 PM »

More likely they will just pretend to look the other way while some Chinese intelligence group makes Kim Jong Il die in a heart attack and then install a pro-Beijing regime.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 03:40:52 PM »

I'm not sure "strongly" is the correct word...how many nukes do they have?  What direction are the winds? 

It would be ridiculously easy of N.Korea to not see any radiation at all by just looking at local weather maps before launch.

________

If N.Korea launches an attack (which they likely won't without Chinese approval and support, which opens up another much larger can of worms and in any case likely wouldn't be much of a surprise by the time it got to a shooting war), it will be at Seoul and the various military bases just south of the DMZ.  But they won't be doing that.  Much more likely they sell a nuke to somebody else, who then uses it in Tel Aviv or Manhatten.  It will take about two seconds for the CIA/NSA/Mossad/MI5 to figure out where it came from and about 5 days later, an invasion (assuming actors in N.Korea don't cut off the head of the beast).
I don't think there would be an invasion. Several thermonuclear strikes, preferably far from the South Korean and Chinese border - that's more likely.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 11:34:02 PM »

More likely they will just pretend to look the other way while some Chinese intelligence group makes Kim Jong Il die in a heart attack and then install a pro-Beijing regime.
Kim Jong Il is anti-Beijing?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 12:38:05 AM »

I wonder when Obama is going to get off his ass and do something? Maybe Kim Jong needed to clear out a death/forced labor camp?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 12:59:19 AM »

I wonder when Obama is going to get off his ass and do something? Maybe Kim Jong needed to clear out a death/forced labor camp?

We need to be cautious. We don't want to recieve a nuke.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 01:04:01 AM »

Unlikely.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 01:14:12 AM »

Unlikely.

Kim Jong is crazy. Logic is not existing for him. Especially after he breaked the armistice. I fear than Obama could have to invade North Korea, soon, if North Korea invades South Korea.

Unlikey, but we all know than this will happen someday. Korea is like a fire next to a gas station.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 01:17:02 AM »

Unlikely.

Kim Jong is crazy. Logic is not existing for him. Especially after he breaked the armistice. I fear than Obama could have to invade North Korea, soon, if North Korea invades South Korea.

Unlikey, but we all know than this will happen someday. Korea is like a fire next to a gas station.

China has to much invested in that not happening.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2009, 01:30:18 AM »

Unlikely.

China has to much invested in that not happening.

Indeed, but even China can't stop something inevitable of happening. It would help if they helped to calm down the North Korea.

Perhaps than China is controlling the North Korean government and is using North Korea to put pressure on the US without being officially implicated, but that is also unlikely.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009, 01:51:55 AM »

I'm reading a news report that North Korea is threatening to tear up the truce they signed ending the Korean War...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25546310-663,00.html

Oh... just noticed this has its own thread... sorry.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2009, 06:55:00 AM »

Well, I heard that their nuke trial was as powerful as Nagasaki bomb in 1945, so, if they are able to modulate the power of the bomb...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 08:26:56 AM »

Er, no.

These aren't market-size nukes were talking. These are approximately five to eight Hiroshima/Nagasaki sized nukelets.

tsiounebrouc beat me, I see.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies