What would it take for this map to occur in a general election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:47:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  What would it take for this map to occur in a general election?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What would it take for this map to occur in a general election?  (Read 1323 times)
bhouston79
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 17, 2009, 09:25:53 PM »

Is it even possible?

If so, under what scenario?
The Ex-Factor
xfactor99
Viet Nam

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 01:21:53 AM »

Libertarian + Socially conservative Democrat vs. Big Government + Populist Republican?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 02:34:31 AM »

Libertarian + Socially conservative Democrat vs. Big Government + Populist Republican?

How can you consider Obama as a social conservative ?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 08:26:49 AM »

What? How do you know this is even referring to Obama?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 08:55:17 AM »

I don't know if you noticed it, but this map strangely looks like the 2008 primary map with Obama states in red and Clinton ones in blue.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 09:20:01 AM »

I don't know if you noticed it, but this map strangely looks like the 2008 primary map with Obama states in red and Clinton ones in blue.

Indeed it is the primary map exactly, but who said it automatically involves Obama?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 10:11:36 AM »

Indeed it is the primary map exactly, but who said it automatically involves Obama?

Anyways, this map has to do with Obama, and I don't see the sense of comparing his primary results with the general results of a social conservative.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 03:06:08 PM »

Anyways, this map has to do with Obama, and I don't see the sense of comparing his primary results with the general results of a social conservative.

Well only a social conservative will be able to win state like AL, MS, UT, ID, KS, NE, GA, SC and LA.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 03:13:45 PM »

Well only a social conservative will be able to win state like AL, MS, UT, ID, KS, NE, GA, SC and LA.

Certainly. Could a social conservative win IL, WI, MN, WA, MD, DE, CT and above all Vermont ?
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 10:33:21 PM »

Certainly. Could a social conservative win IL, WI, MN, WA, MD, DE, CT and above all Vermont ?

Yes, Reagan did.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 12:53:24 AM »

Yes, Reagan did.

Yes, and Roosevelt won Utah, Johnson won Florida, etc. That's the meaning of a landslide.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies