North Carolina Senate Poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:23:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  North Carolina Senate Poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: North Carolina Senate Poll  (Read 4588 times)
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 14, 2009, 12:44:12 PM »

Democratic Senate Candidate Kenneth Lewis is off to a better start then Sen. Kay Hagan was against Frm. Sen. Dole. A new poll finds Lewis trailing Sen. Burr 45-31 with 24 percent undecided. When PPP first polled the Hagan-Dole race, Sen. Hagan trailed 43-27. Could North Carolina be the next state to have a black senator? Who knows, but everyone is waiting to see if North Carolina's popular Democratic A.G. Roy Cooper is jumping into the race. The link to the poll is here.

I wish they would have polled Burr vs. Cooper!!
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 01:45:54 PM »

Just because Hagan came from behind does not mean that is true for every Democrat in an NC Senate race.  The fact of the matter is that Kenneth Lewis will not be the next Senator from North Carolina, and that he will be beaten not by a Republican, but a Democrat.

I never said that now did I? I am stating facts and that is it. The next senator from NC will most likely be Roy Cooper.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 01:49:00 PM »

Any comparisons to Dole's pathetic campaign are useless. 

She have ran someone against her in the primary. The woman proved to be a certifiable asshat in 2006.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 05:40:41 PM »

She have ran someone against her in the primary. The woman proved to be a certifiable asshat in 2006.

Hard to primary someone like Dole. Nothing screams establishment Nepotism like the wife of a former Presidential Candidate and Senate Majority Leader.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 09:01:26 PM »

Hard to primary someone like Dole. Nothing screams establishment Nepotism like the wife of a former Presidential Candidate and Senate Majority Leader.

It wouldn't be too hard (other than the fact that she probably has a good hold on the NC GOP). She would be totally out run during the campaign (as we've seen).
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 09:04:16 PM »

My only worry is Roy Cooper. If he runs, I'm willing to bet he will beat Burr. Otherwise, he'll be reelected. Kenneth Lewis isn't going to beat Burr.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 09:52:51 PM »

My only worry is Roy Cooper. If he runs, I'm willing to bet he will beat Burr. Otherwise, he'll be reelected. Kenneth Lewis isn't going to beat Burr.

Who is Roy Cooper?
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 10:18:19 PM »

Who is Roy Cooper?

NC Attorney General, lost the Democratic gubernatorial primary to current Governor Bev Perdue last year. Very likely to run for Senate.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 10:51:57 PM »

Better yet, who's Kenneth Lewis? I'm rooting for Roy Cooper. Go Cooper go! Smiley

And yes, Elizabeth Dole should be ashamed of herself for running that terrible "Godless" ad against Kay Hagan, a Sunday school teacher. I know Republicans take the low road when trying to paint all Democrats as these secular demons, but I mean Kay Hagan? Come on. I'm glad Liddy is gone and hope she knows that one day she too will be judged.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 11:24:45 PM »

Who is Roy Cooper?

NC Attorney General, lost the Democratic gubernatorial primary to current Governor Bev Perdue last year. Very likely to run for Senate.

That was Richard Moore that ran in the gubernatorial primary and lost not Roy Cooper. Roy Cooper is NC Popular AG that won reelection for the third time getting over 60% of the vote in 2008.
go85bucks10
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -1.04

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 06:42:26 AM »

Roy Cooper is running. Word is that he was in D.C. when the 2009 UNC Basketball Champions were at the White House and got some private time to meet with Obama and their staffs discussed a run at the Senate. I think he is running. And I think he will beat Burr.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies