Latest anti-Obama right-wing smear campaign: Dijongate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 03:23:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Latest anti-Obama right-wing smear campaign: Dijongate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Latest anti-Obama right-wing smear campaign: Dijongate  (Read 3360 times)
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 11, 2009, 02:56:40 PM »

Media Matters:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

On the one hand, FOXNews is definitely acting exactly like their own caricature. On the other hand, I doubt the average FOXNews viewer will see that.

As cartoonish and stupid as all of this is, Hannity has not lost his viewership. People aren't saying "screw this guy, he's an idiot" and dropping his show in droves. This says to me that his audience thinks the man is actually worth watching, despite being dumber than my dog.

It's an unfortunate reality that, as others have said, no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. Sure, none of the educated and well-read people you know will go for this, but the kind of guy who thought "Joe The Plumber" was a sage political commentator will probably agree 100% with Hannity on this one. And sadly, there are millions of those mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging morons out there.

It's sad to say that insane cultural populism like this seems to be the political future of America.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 02:57:40 PM »

Yep, our opposition is totally mature and not crazy at all.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 02:59:14 PM »

Weren't these the same people calling attacks on Bush over his gaffes and mispronounciations stupid and immature?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 03:00:20 PM »

Who cares what these clowns say?
They are about as relevant as Michael Savage.

Weren't these the same people calling attacks on Bush over his gaffes and mispronounciations stupid and immature?

Ahh, but he was a man of the people. Not some uppity elitist proffesor.
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 03:03:56 PM »

Haha, great to see Einzige worked up over this "smear" campaign.  Also, why is Einzige worshiping at the altar of Obama?  Some libertarian he is.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 03:07:33 PM »

What's the most stupid of all about this is that ordering a burger without ketchup a is actually rather populist in many respects.

http://newmajority.com/ShowScroll.aspx?ID=deee68fd-d510-43d1-8b52-656f064b0aa6

Texans traditionally eat hamburgers with mustard or with mayonnaise (or with both), but without ketchup. This is simply called a “hamburger” in Texas, but is sometimes called a “Cowboy Burger” or a “Texas Burger” outside of Texas.

A hamburger with ketchup is sometimes called a “Yankee Burger.” A hamburger with mayonnaise is sometimes called a “Sissy Burger.”
Dirty Martin’s (in Austin since 1926) serves hamburgers with mustard, pickles, onions, and tomatoes, but it is not known when this combination began. The popular Texas “Whataburger” hamburger chain has served hamburgers with mustard from its founding (1950). The hamburger-with-mustard combination in Texas is attested at least from the 1950s, but the pre-1950s hamburger condiments cannot be firmly established.

Second answer: Republicans. A 2000 survey of members of Congress by the National Hot Dog Council found that 73% of Republican lawmakers preferred mustard to ketchup, as opposed to 47% of Democratic lawmakers.

Final answer: traditionalists. Louis' Lunch in New Haven, Connecticut, the restaurant widely believed to have served the first hamburgers ever made in the United States, absolutely forbids ketchup. 

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 03:10:34 PM »

I never ever use condiments of any type. Ever. Not sure what that makes me.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 03:18:27 PM »

"Gates" sure have come down in the world.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 03:19:00 PM »

Also, if Obama was really a food elitist, would he have really ordered the plain cheddar burger when the restaurant has these options?

http://www.washingtonian.com/blogarticles/restaurants/bestbites/8539.html

You can order the patties simply grilled, with a chipotle-spiked “diablo” marinade, blackened Cajun-style, or au poivre with a black-peppercorn crust. Then specify how long you’d like your burger to sit on the grill: “recommended” (with a warm red center), medium (pink), or “cooked throughout.”

For $1 to $5 extra, there’s a lengthy list of cheese options, from classic Vermont white cheddar to artisanal selections such as Rogue Creamery Smokey Blue and decadent Taleggio. Applewood-smoked bacon and guacamole are also offered for a couple of extra bucks.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 03:20:30 PM »

From Newt Gingrich's twitter:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 03:21:36 PM »

One of the reasons I hate the suffix so much.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 03:40:58 PM »

Haha, great to see Einzige worked up over this "smear" campaign.  Also, why is Einzige worshiping at the altar of Obama?  Some libertarian he is.

"Worshiping at the altar"? No. I'm destroying the altar the GOP has erected to white trash mediocrity in this nation, the one that hoists NASCAR up to the level of the Olympics.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 03:51:49 PM »

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2009, 03:59:51 PM »

Huh

Dijon mustard is common the across the whole country.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2009, 04:12:53 PM »

I just don't see how you can call yourself a libertarian while you associate with the most anti-libertarian of the two major parties.

Heh, then perhaps you and your fellow Republicans should investigate this curious issue if you want to start winning the Western United States again.
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 06:58:45 PM »

You guys are ignoring the real issue: He ordered it medium well. Total communist, obviously.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 07:09:38 PM »

I lol'd hard because my local burger joint only has dijon mustard and no other condiments. I figured this out the hard way and acccidentaly put some of that digusting stuff on my hamburger.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 07:33:05 PM »

It's still not as all-American as BushOklahoma pouring milk on a bowl of warm ground beef thinking it was oatmeal.  Mmmmm...

This really is scraping the bottom of the barrel, though.  I can just see all the Joe the Plumbers out there just chomping at the bit over this... all that outrage!!! Kinda makes you wanna flick their ears and run away.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 08:04:07 PM »

"Worshiping at the altar"? No. I'm destroying the altar the GOP has erected to white trash mediocrity in this nation, the one that hoists NASCAR up to the level of the Olympics.

I just don't see how you can call yourself a libertarian while you associate with the most anti-libertarian of the two major parties.  Seems a sort of contradiction in terms if you ask me.  I do agree with you however that this a stupid attack.  What people should be focusing on is how Obama couldn't stop laughing two nights ago over Rush Limbaugh dying of kidney failure.  Now, if someone called Obama a traitor of the country and wished death on him (a delightful prospect), there would be an outcry and that person would be crucified by the media.

Rush Limbaugh wants the country to fail. Obama doesn't. So Rush is a traitor...
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2009, 08:08:49 PM »

I just don't see how you can call yourself a libertarian while you associate with the most anti-libertarian of the two major parties.  Seems a sort of contradiction in terms if you ask me.  I do agree with you however that this a stupid attack.  What people should be focusing on is how Obama couldn't stop laughing two nights ago over Rush Limbaugh dying of kidney failure.  Now, if someone called Obama a traitor of the country and wished death on him (a delightful prospect), there would be an outcry and that person would be crucified by the media.

When did Limbaugh say he wanted the country to fail?  Never.  He never said that.  Rush wants Obama to fail just like the Democrats wanted Bush to fail over the last eight years.  Don't suddenly pretend that questioning your President is treason while you were bashing Bush for both of his terms.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 08:41:27 PM »

The best burger topping is mayonnaise mixed with Peter Luger sauce, hot sauce, and roasted garlic.  I respect the President for taking pride in how his burger is prepared.  If I were ordering right after him, I'd probably order it the same way, just out of curiosity. 
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 08:51:23 PM »

The best burger topping is mayonnaise mixed with Peter Luger sauce, hot sauce, and roasted garlic.  I respect the President for taking pride in how his burger is prepared.  If I were ordering right after him, I'd probably order it the same way, just out of curiosity. 

Go to a Five Guys, get a burger with A1, mushrooms, pickels, and onions.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 09:48:26 PM »

When did Limbaugh say he wanted the country to fail?  Never.  He never said that.  Rush wants Obama to fail just like the Democrats wanted Bush to fail over the last eight years.  Don't suddenly pretend that questioning your President is treason while you were bashing Bush for both of his terms.

I wish Bush had succeeded, rather than stick us in this quagmire. Wanting Obama to fail is essentially hoping this country falls into major catastrophe. Why anyone should want that for political advantage is beyond me.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 09:54:53 PM »

The GOP are no more 'pro-libertarian' than are the Democrats. So far as I can see, only one Party supports freedom of choice, freedom of marriage, and freedom from religious tyranny, and that Party most certainly is not the Republicans.

I can take economic liberalism, as long as social conservatism is held in-check.
Downwinder

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2009, 10:11:26 PM »

Kidney failure?  That's not so funny.

Bone Cancer would have been much funnier.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies