Dutch signs point to gay sex seekers (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:00:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Dutch signs point to gay sex seekers (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dutch signs point to gay sex seekers  (Read 5677 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 30, 2009, 02:45:56 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
It's pretty rare that I side with Muslims against homosexuals (not that I'd go around gay bashing or anything), but I think the authorities have crossed a line here.  It's one thing if they don't want to try very hard to stop the gay sex in the park, but going so far as to put signs up condoning the behaviour?  Seems a bit too much to me.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 12:13:40 PM »

It seems like a very practical "solution" to me.  The idea is to facilitate folks  having their own space where they can "feel" comfortable without making others feel the opposite.  What is wrong with that?  It tends to mitigate a certain negative economic externality here does it not?
Because it's a freaking park?  If you want to designate a space for dudes to get together for anonymous sex, fine, my beef is that it's in a freaking park.  Don't they have gay clubs there?  Designate gay clubs as the place for anonymous gay sex.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 10:35:42 PM »

Assuming this is common in Europe, are you trying to say that this is looked upon with prejuidice there?
Europe is nowhere near as "liberal" as they like to think they are or often try and remind us that they are.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 10:42:56 PM »

..and I'm freaking shocked and a little saddened so many people think this is ok.  I'm guessing you guys don't use parks very often.

Yes Hugh, sh**t like that does happen in parks around here and you know what, the local authorities don't fence off sections of the parks so that people can go have anonymous sex.  They ARREST them for having public sex.  Why?  Because it's against the law to have sex in public.  A park is a public place.  Even when hiding behind bushes.  Would it be ok if they were having "Fight Club" behind the bushes?

Here is a crazy thought, maybe they meet at the park and then find a hotel?  Oh, that's right, the nutless wonders are afraid of being "caught" by their wives or girlfriends.  Here is another crazy thought, STOP LYING TO YOUR WIVES AND GIRLFRIENDS you unethical cowards.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 11:10:07 PM »

Well yeah, you can't stop things like that from happening anymore than you can stop speeding or murder.  But to condone it?  Seems like they are sending the wrong message.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 11:15:59 PM »

Straight people aren't afraid of getting caught by their wives/husbands and girl/boyfriends.....

.....wait...yeah they are.  Why don't they hide in a park like these cowards?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 11:14:41 PM »

Well yeah, you can't stop things like that from happening anymore than you can stop speeding or murder.  But to condone it?  Seems like they are sending the wrong message.

Is it OK if gays merely make out in a park, but eschew visible genital contact?  Would that not also not be caring enough "for the children." Just asking.
Making out is fine with me...no "heavy petting" though.  Same rules you'd have for straight people.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies