Dutch signs point to gay sex seekers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:55:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Dutch signs point to gay sex seekers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Dutch signs point to gay sex seekers  (Read 5635 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 30, 2009, 02:45:56 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
It's pretty rare that I side with Muslims against homosexuals (not that I'd go around gay bashing or anything), but I think the authorities have crossed a line here.  It's one thing if they don't want to try very hard to stop the gay sex in the park, but going so far as to put signs up condoning the behaviour?  Seems a bit too much to me.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 03:11:44 AM »

Now with the signs, the little kids playing in the park know where to look for daddy when it's time to go home
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 09:57:32 AM »

Holland is a lovely place, as these signs evince.   That is of course until they allowed Muslims there.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 10:01:48 AM »

Beyond Joke Country status
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 11:03:13 AM »

It seems like a very practical "solution" to me.  The idea is to facilitate folks  having their own space where they can "feel" comfortable without making others feel the opposite.  What is wrong with that?  It tends to mitigate a certain negative economic externality here does it not?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 11:07:20 AM »

Why?  There are gays going at it in a great many public parks in the US (I have heard Bee Tree Park and Jefferson Barracks are big for it in St. Louis County), but people just have to find out about it themselves.  Signs are a great idea.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 11:31:55 AM »

This is any different than Prohibition way?

Make cruising safe, legal, and rare: install a sign in your local park today!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 12:13:40 PM »

It seems like a very practical "solution" to me.  The idea is to facilitate folks  having their own space where they can "feel" comfortable without making others feel the opposite.  What is wrong with that?  It tends to mitigate a certain negative economic externality here does it not?
Because it's a freaking park?  If you want to designate a space for dudes to get together for anonymous sex, fine, my beef is that it's in a freaking park.  Don't they have gay clubs there?  Designate gay clubs as the place for anonymous gay sex.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 01:36:31 PM »

Because it's a freaking park?  If you want to designate a space for dudes to get together for anonymous sex, fine, my beef is that it's in a freaking park.  Don't they have gay clubs there?  Designate gay clubs as the place for anonymous gay sex.

I guess you don't have an expansive view of what it means for a park to be multipurpose I take it. Gardens, baseball, soccer, lakes, boats, walkways, arboretums are OK, but something that is too up close and personal is a bridge too way.

Perhaps the gay sex zone could be fenced off, with a gate or something. Would that help?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 02:00:52 PM »

Well, many guys don't want to go to clubs where people can see them, simply because they are hiding their homosexuality.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 02:56:54 PM »

Perhaps the gay sex zone could be fenced off, with a gate or something. Would that help?

Or we can just have sex in private places? Yeah, that sounds good.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 02:57:27 PM »

Well, many guys don't want to go to clubs where people can see them, simply because they are hiding their homosexuality.

Ah, so they'll naturally go to a public area like a park. Believable.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 03:28:50 PM »

But you see, that would be a violation of a gay club's right of establishment to opt not to permit anonymous gay sex in their corridors. After all, what if it were a classy, Godfearin' establishment?

No, no. Much better to put those socialized parks to some use, me thinks. Be best to get rid of them utterly, but barring that, make them bastions of personal liberty.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 03:53:40 PM »

Or we can just have sex in private places? Yeah, that sounds good.

Actually, I think that's the best answer.

Private places like...why not...home? Yeah.
Jens
Angola

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 04:25:28 PM »

Actually it is - Especially in countries where homosexuality still is looked upon with prejudice. The darkness of the park gives privacy and reduces the change of being seen entering the gay club.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 04:42:42 PM »

Actually it is - Especially in countries where homosexuality still is looked upon with prejudice. The darkness of the park gives privacy and reduces the change of being seen entering the gay club.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 04:45:01 PM »

Hah. Even I knew that...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 05:02:12 PM »

Assuming this is common in Europe, are you trying to say that this is looked upon with prejuidice there?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 05:03:27 PM »

Oh, my apologies, Al. I'm sorry that I haven't encountered any gay sex in my parks lately and didn't know that was "safer" for them. Next time I kick my soccer ball into the wooded area of Fluehr Park...well...I'll know to beware.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 05:09:05 PM »

Oh, my apologies, Al. I'm sorry that I haven't encountered any gay sex in my parks lately and didn't know that was "safer" for them. Next time I kick my soccer ball into the wooded area of Fluehr Park...well...I'll know to beware.

Just thought it was common knowledge, that's all. Public toilets used (?) to be another one.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 05:13:38 PM »

Just thought it was common knowledge, that's all. Public toilets used (?) to be another one.

I just didn't think it was common to think of a park as less public than a gay club. I mean, it makes sense when you think about the situation, I guess. Whatever.
Jens
Angola

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 05:38:05 PM »

Assuming this is common in Europe, are you trying to say that this is looked upon with prejuidice there?
It used to be and there still is a lot of men out there that are so insecure in their own sexuality that they think that gay men can "infect" them or something like that. We have come a long way since homosexuality was looked upon as a decease, but gay bashing is still a problem even in Copenhagen, one of the most gay friendly cities in the world (and the park you should stay away from at night time in CPH is Ørstedsparken
http://www.copenhagen-gay-life.dk/index/gay_guide/cruising/rstedsparken)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 05:38:29 PM »

A sensible if not somewhat amusing solution, IMO.
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2009, 05:53:47 PM »

A sensible if not somewhat amusing solution, IMO.
You can't be serious.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2009, 08:31:07 PM »

Phil: In Philadelphia, you can head to the Boat ramp at Quaker City Yacht Club, or Fairbank Park, or Pennypack, or Wissonoming Park.

In Omaha, dead0 could go to Elmwood ark or Mandan Park; Two Rivers Recreational State Park or Benson Park.

In Providence, Union Street Station is your best bet, but you could also go to 195 East and 195 West Rest Area.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies