Opinion of Stephen Harper
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:40:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Stephen Harper
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Stephen Harper
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Opinion of Stephen Harper  (Read 1519 times)
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 29, 2009, 05:00:52 PM »

Horrible Person.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 05:06:28 PM »

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 05:11:53 PM »

Just another wimpy conservative. I haven't paid that much attention to his actual policies though, since they are very unimportant in the grand scheme of things.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 05:29:07 PM »

Seems like an ineffective asshole to me.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 07:02:22 PM »

Tool
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 08:33:07 PM »

From what  little I know, FF.
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 08:36:10 PM »

Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 08:47:49 PM »

Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible
Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible
Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible disgusting piece of human trash. A total joke, a humiliation to sane Canadians, and a piece of crap.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 01:57:21 AM »

WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 10:05:39 AM »

ff
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 10:14:37 AM »

My favourite world leader of the current crop.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 10:32:07 AM »

Massive FF.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 11:54:09 AM »

He supports gay marriage and single-payer government health care?  That makes him far better than any Republican and many Democrats.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 02:06:55 PM »

He supports gay marriage and single-payer government health care?  That makes him far better than any Republican and many Democrats.

He definitely doesn't support gay marriage, and he doesn't really support single-payer health-care either, though he's not doing anything about the latter since it would obviously lose the Tories votes.

HP (though this distinction, especially "freedom fighter" as used as a generic positive, is pretty ridiculous).
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 02:24:53 PM »

He definitely doesn't support gay marriage, and he doesn't really support single-payer health-care either, though he's not doing anything about the latter since it would obviously lose the Tories votes.

Regardless of how he feels personally, he has allowed gay marriage to exist in Canada without destroying it.  This makes him superior to Obama, who probably privately supports it but publically opposes it.  I mean, I'm sure every politician is a douche in real life, so all I care about is their tangible actions, not their private beliefs which are hard to determine anyway.

Ditto for health care.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 02:29:04 PM »

Regardless of how he feels personally, he has allowed gay marriage to exist in Canada without destroying it.  This makes him superior to Obama, who probably privately supports it but publically opposes it.  I mean, I'm sure every politician is a douche in real life, so all I care about is their tangible actions, not their private beliefs which are hard to determine anyway.

Ditto for health care.

That line of thinking is illogical, though.

Using that line of thought...the NRA would have to consider Obama a FF because he hasn't tried to prohibit gun ownership, regardless of the fact that he has no way in hell of doing that.

Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 03:04:35 PM »

Ditto for health care.

But he hasn't "allowed" it to exist in any sense, except through failing to get enough of his fellow opponents of it elected. After winning the 2006 election the party introduced a motion to bring back the traditional definition of marriage, and he voted for it - but the motion failed, as the Conservatives only have a minority (well, roughly for that reason - there were a handful of crossovers on both sides.)

On health care you have more of a point maybe, but again you have to consider that the Conservatives just don't have the votes in the House for it. The situation would almost certainly change if they got a majority.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2009, 03:59:16 PM »

Ditto for health care.

But he hasn't "allowed" it to exist in any sense, except through failing to get enough of his fellow opponents of it elected. After winning the 2006 election the party introduced a motion to bring back the traditional definition of marriage, and he voted for it - but the motion failed, as the Conservatives only have a minority (well, roughly for that reason - there were a handful of crossovers on both sides.)

On health care you have more of a point maybe, but again you have to consider that the Conservatives just don't have the votes in the House for it. The situation would almost certainly change if they got a majority.
Hmmm, I didn't realize he had tried and failed to overturn gay marriage.  In that case, I recant some of my previous comments.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies