MasterJedi's Senate HQ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:41:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MasterJedi's Senate HQ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: MasterJedi's Senate HQ  (Read 6700 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2009, 07:02:10 PM »

Endorsed
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2009, 11:12:14 PM »

My campaign stop will have to be postponed until tomorrow. The big storm we had here knocked out the power for 6 hours and then I was doing homework for my class and I need to get to sleep so I can wake up for work tomorrow morning. So see you all bright and early tomorrow! Tongue
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2009, 11:19:36 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2009, 08:25:21 AM by ♠♣♦Dan♦♣♠ »

BTW, I support your senate race and hopefully I will be able to work with you in the senate.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2009, 08:10:23 AM »

Speech from Topeka, Enthusiasm

As I promised yesterday here I am delivering this speech to you all bright and early. But before we begin I want to thank everyone so far for their endorsements and support.

Well anyways frankly I don't know what to campaign on besides my record. I've been around long enough that almost everyone, except those that are relatively new to Atlasia know my stances on the issues. So because of this I'll just tell you my current views on the bills currently on the Senate floor.

School Salad Bar Establishment Bill: Support
Establishment of Social and Economic Development Zones Bill: Support
Affirmative Action Bill: Support the veto override
Privacy Protection Bill: Support
Resolution Compelling the President to Appoint a New GM: Support
School Standards Reform Bill: Support

So I basically support everything that's before the Senate. I ask that everyone continues to watch how I vote in the Senate and as always I welcome questions from everyone, not just those in my region. Smiley
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2009, 11:04:07 PM »

I won? I seriously won? W00t! Grin That was so close there at the end and I was worried I wasn't going to make it without Gustaf's vote but I guess it happened. I'm still a little shocked myself.

I'd like to thank Fritz for making that one hell of a race that went down to the end and helped show that if people ran regional races can actually be exciting too! I wish him luck in the future in whatever he chooses to do (except if it's challange me again! Tongue).

Either way I have work early tomorrow so thank you to ALL who have voted for me and given me 4 more months in the Senate! Good night Atlasia!
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2009, 11:05:17 PM »

Congrats! You have been a great PPT and I look forward to continuing our work together in the Senate.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2009, 11:09:09 PM »

Congrats! You have been a great PPT and I look forward to continuing our work together in the Senate.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2009, 11:09:24 PM »

Congrats.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2009, 11:11:25 PM »

Congratulations! It was close, but you pulled it out.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2009, 11:16:36 PM »

Congrats! Glad you will remain in the Senate!
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2009, 11:36:35 PM »

Congratulations! I hope than we will work together in the Senate.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2009, 05:31:57 AM »

Congratulations on your apparent win!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2009, 03:35:35 PM »

A bit of news. As far as I'm aware of legislation wise (amendments, resolutions and bills) the 31st Senate has tied the 13th Senate as the most active Senate in history!

What's the common point there? I was PPT during both of these sessions and we may be able to break that record before this Senate is over with! Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2009, 03:37:02 PM »

A bit of news. As far as I'm aware of legislation wise (amendments, resolutions and bills) the 31st Senate has tied the 13th Senate as the most active Senate in history!

What's the common point there? I was PPT during both of these sessions and we may be able to break that record before this Senate is over with! Smiley
Congratulations. I haven't been on Atlasia for a long time, but in the time I have been, I'm extremely impressed with your job as PPT.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2009, 10:05:12 PM »

It is a testament to your fine job as PPT. However, too many bills passing may indicate lack of debate and too much compromise (though since Marokai entered, there has been sufficient debate, IMO). Still, congratulations.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2009, 08:44:24 PM »

I've been busy but I want to come in here before too much time has passed and thank everyone who congratulated me. I'll do the best I can in the upcoming Senate session and hope I can make it as good as this one, with even more debate.

And because of that I'm announcing now that I will be running for re-election as PPT.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2009, 02:15:39 PM »

It is a testament to your fine job as PPT. However, too many bills passing may indicate lack of debate and too much compromise (though since Marokai entered, there has been sufficient debate, IMO). Still, congratulations.

I agree that MJ has been a great PPT, but I don't think the level of debate has diminished from previous sessions, nor has it increased with Marokai. He has just been one of the rare PPTs that keep items on the floor moving along, ensuring that Senators don't dilly-dally on legislation.

Unfortunately, that isn't to exempt us from a few failings this term. The Senate is, as it has been for quite some time, a mostly reactionary body. Too often we deal with uncontroversial issues that garner wide-ranging support. And when controversial legislation is presented that deals with progressive and forward-looking change, too often compromise is nowhere to be seen.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2009, 03:27:38 PM »

I agree that MJ has been a great PPT, but I don't think the level of debate has diminished from previous sessions, nor has it increased with Marokai. He has just been one of the rare PPTs that keep items on the floor moving along, ensuring that Senators don't dilly-dally on legislation.

Unfortunately, that isn't to exempt us from a few failings this term. The Senate is, as it has been for quite some time, a mostly reactionary body. Too often we deal with uncontroversial issues that garner wide-ranging support. And when controversial legislation is presented that deals with progressive and forward-looking change, too often compromise is nowhere to be seen.

Yes, where is health care, economic stimulus (if BrandonH says it's bad), and cap-and-trade.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2009, 03:33:55 PM »

Yes, where is health care, economic stimulus (if BrandonH says it's bad), and cap-and-trade.

Well cap-and-trade failed.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2009, 03:39:22 PM »

Oh, wasn't around then. Not to remind you of my newness. Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2009, 04:47:19 PM »

Oh, wasn't around then. Not to remind you of my newness. Wink

But it failed because we already had a regulatory system for carbon emissions.

And I am waiting on actual economic numbers before I go calling for action to fix it. But game reform does not need to wait. We just need to be prepared to take bold actions and undergo extensive debate to work out a solution. It seems few have the stomach for such things at the moment.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2009, 08:47:51 PM »

Well there are two reasons for me posting here. One is to announce that no matter what happens in the upcoming Senate elections I will be running for another term as PPT during the next Senate session. I believe I've kept the Senate well oiled and running smoothly along with not letting politics sway the job I've done.

And the less important reason is to bump this thread up for my constituents.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2009, 08:54:02 PM »

Remember the good old days Senator Tongue

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I've been thinking back on this lately. Man, was I naive, stupid, and downright ignorant!

Anyway, I've changed, though, I probably shouldn't post this right before an election Tongue

Anyway, good job as PPT. You've been the only one since I've joined, and I couldn't imagine anyone else doing the job as well as you. Smiley
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2009, 09:14:18 PM »

I've been thinking back on this lately. Man, was I naive, stupid, and downright ignorant!

Anyway, I've changed, though, I probably shouldn't post this right before an election Tongue

Anyway, good job as PPT. You've been the only one since I've joined, and I couldn't imagine anyone else doing the job as well as you. Smiley

Well its not like this is the first time he has ever held the job either.

Masterjedi for Dictator of the Senate!!!
Tongue
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=38125.0

Now thats what I would call the "Good ole' days". Jedi actually showed this to me when I made a similar comment as to what you said Vepres. 

You have my support for another term as PPT, by the way, MJ.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2009, 09:17:01 PM »

Well its not like this is the first time he has ever held the job either.

Masterjedi for Dictator of the Senate!!!
Tongue
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=38125.0

Now thats what I would call the "Good ole' days". Jedi actually showed this to me when I made a similar comment as to what you said Vepres. 

You have my support for another term as PPT, by the way, MJ.

lol

Well, you have to make mistakes to learn Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies