opinion of tea baggers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:02:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  opinion of tea baggers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: ?
freedom fighters

horrible people

they're funny

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: opinion of tea baggers  (Read 11485 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2009, 10:51:04 PM »

My favorite part was when I saw a CNN reporter write off the protestors, claiming they were just here to start up trouble and their message was just foolish.

I'm against most forms of protesting, but I love, love, love the double standard we are seeing.

These protests were manufactured and pimped out like hell by FoxNews and a variety of Republican leaders and talking heads and are far more dangerous. I'm much more concerned about a group of gun obsessed racist faux revolutionaries than a group of pacifists or angry bloggers.

As an avid viewer of Foxnews and a subscriber of the RNC and other Republican news letters, I received nothing about this Tax Day Tea Party. I think it was mostly some grassroots people who stole the Libertarians ideas and tried to make it a big deal. You're right that people like Hannity, Ingraham and Beck pimped it, but Fox wasn't harping on this anymore than other networks were.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0409/21275.html
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2009, 12:08:08 AM »

My favorite part was when I saw a CNN reporter write off the protestors, claiming they were just here to start up trouble and their message was just foolish.

I'm against most forms of protesting, but I love, love, love the double standard we are seeing.

These protests were manufactured and pimped out like hell by FoxNews and a variety of Republican leaders and talking heads and are far more dangerous. I'm much more concerned about a group of gun obsessed racist faux revolutionaries than a group of pacifists or angry bloggers.

As an avid viewer of Foxnews and a subscriber of the RNC and other Republican news letters, I received nothing about this Tax Day Tea Party. I think it was mostly some grassroots people who stole the Libertarians ideas and tried to make it a big deal. You're right that people like Hannity, Ingraham and Beck pimped it, but Fox wasn't harping on this anymore than other networks were.

What are you talking about? Fox had wall-to-wall coverage all day and pimped the hell out of this thing.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=fox+news+tea+party&aq=f

I will add I haven't been watching TV very much lately, and really haven't followed this whole tea party thing very closely. Sigh.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2009, 05:53:46 AM »

Behold, the first post-modern protest: manufactured artificially by a cable news station for the benefit of its cable news viewers and composed of those same viewers.

I loathe America. These protesters are puppets.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2009, 05:59:29 AM »

Also: say what you will of the 'left-bias' of CNN or MSNBC, but those stations don't function as organs of the Democratic Party. I can no longer distinguish FOX from the RNC.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2009, 06:21:14 AM »

The anger over this is hilarious.  Please, keep it up.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2009, 06:37:56 AM »

'Anger'? More like, 'bemused resignation to the inevitable failure of American democracy as an institution'.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2009, 07:01:36 AM »

FFs defending America from a dirty communist-loving Indonesian-born Muslim-Islamic sympathizer.

In all seriousness, HP.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2009, 07:48:20 AM »

'Anger'? More like, 'bemused resignation to the inevitable failure of American democracy as an institution'.
You can label it as you want, its coming across as anger.  Maybe a little jealousy.  It's very rare that the left gets to make fun of idiots on the right protesting something.  9 times out of 10 when idiots are protesting something those idiots are on the left*.  Yeah yeah, the left's protests are more noble or whatever and the racism is only aimed at one race instead of the blanket racism you get at right leaning protests.  I suppose the anger is justified since you guys are so rarely on this side of the "free speech zone" Wink

*idiots on the left crave publicity.  idiots on the right hide out in compounds.

note-I'm not calling all "left" protests idiotic or everybody that goes to them idiots.  I'm also in no way supporting or condoning the teabagging.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2009, 07:57:16 AM »

Shut the f**k up with calling me a member of 'the left'. I'm an actual libertarian, whereas you're just  a cornshucker from Nebraska.

And I'm not 'jealous'; I'm mortified. 'The left', whatever that is, in this nation, is far too weak on its own to seize and hold power. The right, on the other hand, and the millions of unblinking, unthinking pissants who swear fealty to it, is always one demagogue away from burning down Washington and claiming power for itself. That you see no problem with this style of reverse-Jacksonian populism belies your own true sympathies.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2009, 08:03:48 AM »

Also, here's something you probably haven't thought of, being a mindless Dittohead, but we need a strong, activist Left, to counteract the militant Right, as well as visa versa: as long as the extremes are roughly equal, free men need not fear either one or the other. But in America we have a potent far-right movement with no leftist counterpart; our 'left' amounts to a great many scene hipsters and corporate liberals.

You'd be right at home in Bibleland, as I'm pretty sure your yellow avatar is just for show. I'd not and never would be, and towards that end I'd support even revolutionary Marxists if it meant restoring some semblance of balance to American politics.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2009, 08:43:25 AM »

I'm an actual libertarian, whereas you're just  a cornshucker from Nebraska.

Beautiful contrast, Professor.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2009, 09:05:36 AM »

Also, here's something you probably haven't thought of, being a mindless Dittohead, but we need a strong, activist Left, to counteract the militant Right, as well as visa versa: as long as the extremes are roughly equal, free men need not fear either one or the other. But in America we have a potent far-right movement with no leftist counterpart; our 'left' amounts to a great many scene hipsters and corporate liberals.

You'd be right at home in Bibleland, as I'm pretty sure your yellow avatar is just for show. I'd not and never would be, and towards that end I'd support even revolutionary Marxists if it meant restoring some semblance of balance to American politics.
Nope, not angry at all.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2009, 09:10:54 AM »

Here's what I was sort of angry (really not that angry at all actually) about yesterday:

I decided to skip my last class to go downtown to the PUMA store (no, not those PUMA's). I wanted to get another Italia World Cup shirt. I drove past the Love Park Tea Party, took a look and went on my way. I somehow got a spot just two blocks from the store on Walnut Street but I had to walk those two blocks in the pouring rain! The shirt was $30, too, but I really didn't mind that too much.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2009, 09:26:52 AM »

Here's what I was sort of angry (really not that angry at all actually) about yesterday:

I decided to skip my last class to go downtown to the PUMA store (no, not those PUMA's). I wanted to get another Italia World Cup shirt. I drove past the Love Park Tea Party, took a look and went on my way. I somehow got a spot just two blocks from the store on Walnut Street but I had to walk those two blocks in the pouring rain! The shirt was $30, too, but I really didn't mind that too much.

Terrorist
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2009, 10:51:32 AM »

An unstable and hysterical group of paranoid nuts indicative of the overall dangerous trend of Conservatives whipped up by republican talking heads and funded by the wealthy.

There's another McVeigh incident on the way, guys, you just wait.

Stop talking about my father and grandfather. Please.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2009, 01:17:06 PM »

Conservatives are so incensed by warnings about the threat of right wing radicalism that they're considering overthrowing the federal government.

--Josh Marshall

k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2009, 01:18:54 PM »

Depends what type of teabaggers. If you mean the protestors, HPs

If you mean people doing the sexual act, FFs.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2009, 08:20:20 PM »

I voted FFs. Hey, they're protesting government waste and unnecessary and unconstitutional spending.

Although, the big-head blabbermouths who advertised the protests, (like Hannity) I couldn't help notice that they were so silent during Bush's terms, when he signed every spending bill he could get his hands on, ran the deficits to new highs, and then bankrupted the country (which he used as an excuse to give billions to his rich, and corrupt, friends).

So it's the average protester who I have no issue with. But the Left's abrasive dismissal of the protesters is audacious. I mean how many protests did they have during Bush's years? Then to turn around and call these demonstrators all kinds of names just because they espouse a fiscal policy they don't agree with?!

I swear this nation is only getting more and more polarized. If things keep going they way they're going, we'll be back in the 60s. Oh joy wouldn't that be fun. O_o
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2009, 09:12:25 PM »

I voted FFs. Hey, they're protesting government waste and unnecessary and unconstitutional spending.

Although, the big-head blabbermouths who advertised the protests, (like Hannity) I couldn't help notice that they were so silent during Bush's terms, when he signed every spending bill he could get his hands on, ran the deficits to new highs, and then bankrupted the country (which he used as an excuse to give billions to his rich, and corrupt, friends).

So it's the average protester who I have no issue with. But the Left's abrasive dismissal of the protesters is audacious. I mean how many protests did they have during Bush's years? Then to turn around and call these demonstrators all kinds of names just because they espouse a fiscal policy they don't agree with?!

I swear this nation is only getting more and more polarized. If things keep going they way they're going, we'll be back in the 60s. Oh joy wouldn't that be fun. O_o

The reason "the left" (I assume you mean Democrats?) find this whole teabag thing laughable is because most of the protesters (like 99.999%) are actually getting a tax cut.

Watch this video and you will realize that it's not about lower taxes but about the black guy being president.
http://flprogressive.blogspot.com/2009/04/dfh-blogger-speaks-at-pensacola-tea.html
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2009, 09:38:41 PM »

The reason "the left" (I assume you mean Democrats?) find this whole teabag thing laughable is because most of the protesters (like 99.999%) are actually getting a tax cut.

Ah, ok. It's the fight against government waste and spending which peaked my interest. Then again, I've always been like that. Tongue

Watch this video and you will realize that it's not about lower taxes but about the black guy being president.
http://flprogressive.blogspot.com/2009/04/dfh-blogger-speaks-at-pensacola-tea.html

It's like what I said earlier. Bush made Johnson look like a penny-pinching miser. But since Obama took office, suddenly the big spenders, are capitalists. What I can't figure out is why so many Republicans went along with Bush's big government approach.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2009, 09:44:42 PM »

Ah, ok. It's the fight against government waste and spending which peaked my interest. Then again, I've always been like that. Tongue

It's like what I said earlier. Bush made Johnson look like a penny-pinching miser. But since Obama took office, suddenly the big spenders, are capitalists. What I can't figure out is why so many Republicans went along with Bush's big government approach.

They got drunk with power, and said "yes, mr. president" for everything.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2009, 10:08:26 PM »

Oh ok, that makes sense. I noticed, not long after the 2004 elections, that the Congressional Republicans started to become detached from the country, so to speak. Like solving the problems which were plaguing this country, wasn't important to them.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2009, 03:58:46 AM »

Oh ok, that makes sense. I noticed, not long after the 2004 elections, that the Congressional Republicans started to become detached from the country, so to speak. Like solving the problems which were plaguing this country, wasn't important to them.

They were more interested in Terry Schiavo than the ballooning deficit.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2009, 06:34:55 AM »

Someone has to do it, I guess. I suppose it's probably mostly done by machines, but you can never tell with something like the tea industry. Leaf tea tastes better, of course, but is more expensive. Mind you, it isn't as though I buy cheap teabags; might as well use tea dust.
Torie
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2009, 12:13:13 PM »

Option 3 is the one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length