Middle Tennessee mystery (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:55:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Middle Tennessee mystery (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Middle Tennessee mystery  (Read 2956 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: April 14, 2009, 01:38:13 AM »

Obama's vote plummeted in middle Tennessee for an obvious reason (actually probably for two obvious and similar reasons).  Even though Kerry's drop off was quite substantial to begin with compared to Democrats who weren't Gore (partially social issues, partially Catholic, you know).

These areas are poor, socially conservative.  For the Democratic part, you have to go back to the Civil War, I believe.  They still are that - just not where the national party is right now.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 09:19:47 AM »

Obama's vote plummeted in middle Tennessee for an obvious reason (actually probably for two obvious and similar reasons).  Even though Kerry's drop off was quite substantial to begin with compared to Democrats who weren't Gore (partially social issues, partially Catholic, you know).

These areas are poor, socially conservative.  For the Democratic part, you have to go back to the Civil War, I believe.  They still are that - just not where the national party is right now.
a interesting thing to note is that well obama dropped off heavily there wasn't much of a rise in people voting republican in those counties the voters simply didn't turnout.

Actually, Middle TN was kind of odd.  Some counties showed the trend you referred to (which was also noted in parts of Kentucky and West Virginia - or at least Al would note it), others didn't show any change and even others showed voting gains and there's really no rhyme or reason to it, as far as I can tell.

Maybe Al can clarify on this regard.  It might have something to do with the prevalence of early voting in TN - I really have no other clue.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies