Baddass American Crew Retake Ship From Pirates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:40:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Baddass American Crew Retake Ship From Pirates
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Baddass American Crew Retake Ship From Pirates  (Read 3745 times)
Jens
Angola

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2009, 03:43:02 PM »

Found an english link
http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/homepage/i/int/news/world/1/-/news/1/hi/world/africa/7996087.stm
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2009, 03:51:55 PM »

To the U.S. Navy Seals who got the job done -- God bless you and thank you.  Bravo!

To the Commander in Chief and his support team at the Pentagon --  Well done!

To the pirates and other terrorists --  Whether we have a Republican or a Democrat in our White House, I hope you guys eventually learn...you're probably in for a major ass-kicking.  I realize you may have legitimate gripes with us, with Israel, or with other pooh-pahs and potentates.  But I hope and pray you discover that blowing things up, kidnapping and killing people gets you nowhere.  Except, eventually, dead.  You might give non-violent resistance a shot, if you really care about others and aren't simply bloodthirsty, revenge-mongering bastards.

I won't hold my breath.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2009, 03:55:04 PM »

To the U.S. Navy Seals who got the job done -- God bless you and thank you.  Bravo!

To the pirates and other terrorists --  Whether we have a Republican or a Democrat in our White House, I hope you guys eventually learn...you're probably in for a major ass-kicking.  I realize you may have legitimate gripes with us, with Israel, or with other pooh-pahs and potentates.  But I hope and pray you discover that blowing things up, kidnapping and killing people gets you nowhere.  Except, eventually, dead.  You might give non-violent resistance a shot, if you really care about others and aren't simply bloodthirsty, revenge-mongering bastards.

I won't hold my breath.
They don't have any gripes with anybody, they're just in it for the money - they capture any ship they can get. And if the US government hopes to solve the problem by using Navy Seals, then I hope they have a lot of Seals.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2009, 03:56:16 PM »

I won't hold my breath.

I doubt they are doing this because they have problems with America. Monetary reasons is the correct answer.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2009, 04:37:42 PM »

Sbane and Gmantis -- I know.  I wrote that because, inevitably, someone would attempt (if they haven't already done so in this thread) to suggest that the pirates are simply poor, oppressed Freedom Fighters trying to throw off the yoke of American tyranny.

Blah blah blah.

Point being -- even if they DID have such gripes, an ass kicking awaits.  (And as I recall, the Indian Navy has actually given these clowns a few beatings, too.) 

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2009, 04:39:00 PM »
« Edited: April 12, 2009, 04:42:21 PM by Lunar »

I think they are more pissed at the European companies that pay off local warlords to dump toxic and radioactive chemicals in their waters than at Americans.

Navy Seals Snipers = success
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2009, 05:25:26 PM »

If I was a poor, starving Somali fisherman, whose fish stock had been fished to extinction by Europeans and Americans, and whose family had died of radiation poisoning because the west is dumping nuclear waste (and mercury and cadmium and etc.) in Somali waters, then I don't know that the prospect of death by an American bullet is necessarily worse than the prospect of death by starvation.

I'm not saying that pirates are necessarily justified ethically or morally, but let's not turn this into some simple pirates = America-hating bad guys thing.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2009, 05:49:08 PM »

This is one where I strongly approve of Obama's actions in authorizing the shooting.

For those who were looking how much safer the world would be because we elected Obama, no difference.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2009, 06:47:29 PM »

One of the rare cases that everyone, regardless of race, nationality, or creed, can equally celebrate.

Hostis Humani Generis, people.  Enemies of the human race.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2009, 07:32:12 PM »

Carpet bombing? My god man you are way to Cold War. Navy seals can get the job done just fine.
well poorly done bombing raids are what we usually employ in Somalia.

Clinton had a bit of a pair at least....Obama has no noticeable set thus far. Maybe when he was bowing before the King of Arabia he was really looking for his cajones.

Because showing proper respect for the an erstwhile allied foreign dignitary is so beyond the pale.

You are ignorant xenophobe-collectivist scum, and I advise that you make the effort to straighten out your knotted genetic helicals.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2009, 01:53:33 AM »

Thanks for the compliment Professor Bullsh*t!
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2009, 02:29:48 AM »

So tell me: when your family celebrates a birthday, do you label the presents 'To Mom', or 'To My Beloved Aunt'?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2009, 09:52:41 AM »

How's that Masters degree coming along?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length