Turkish television station reports on Obama in blackface
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:07:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Turkish television station reports on Obama in blackface
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Turkish television station reports on Obama in blackface  (Read 1435 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 08, 2009, 10:30:30 AM »

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=da8_1239137290
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 10:33:54 AM »

at one point I was going to learn Turkish, glad I switched to a more normal sounding language in Indonesian
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 11:10:06 AM »

Turks have poor taste.
What else is new?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 11:58:58 AM »

at one point I was going to learn Turkish, glad I switched to a more normal sounding language in Indonesian

I'm so excited to take Turkish next year! \O/
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 12:19:11 PM »

Meanwhile, Obama's approval rating in Austria collapsed from 80% to 42% after announcing his support for Turkey to join the EU.

HC Strache, FPÖ leader, strongly attacked Obama for it and urged him to admit Turkey as 51. US state and later dealing with the cost of integration and immigration that would result from it. He said Turkey is not part of Europe, has never been and negotiations about joining need to be stopped immediately and never resumed.

http://www.oe24.at/oesterreich/politik/Tuerkei_als_51_US-Bundesstaat_0448836.ece
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 12:27:29 PM »

The US should annex Turkey?

The Austrians sound like they just need to eat their Döner and chill out
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 12:35:57 PM »

Oh, and for the record, I've written like the longest and most researched paper of my life on the extent that Turkey is part of "Europe"'s definition.  I know a lot about this issue, but I just like being coy. Smiley
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 12:38:31 PM »

Oh, and for the record, I've written like the longest and most researched paper of my life on the extent that Turkey is part of "Europe"'s definition.  I know a lot about this issue, but I just like being coy. Smiley

Please email it to HC Strache, maybe you can sway him to substitute "Turkey" with "Mexico":

hc.strache@fpoe.at
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 01:16:13 PM »

I've wrote a few papers on Turkey over the years. Actually, I'm supposed to be writing one right now but I'd rather chuckle at the video of the man in blackface at the moment, thank you very much.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 04:38:52 PM »

Meanwhile, Obama's approval rating in Austria collapsed from 80% to 42% after announcing his support for Turkey to join the EU.

HC Strache, FPÖ leader, strongly attacked Obama for it and urged him to admit Turkey as 51. US state and later dealing with the cost of integration and immigration that would result from it. He said Turkey is not part of Europe, has never been and negotiations about joining need to be stopped immediately and never resumed.

http://www.oe24.at/oesterreich/politik/Tuerkei_als_51_US-Bundesstaat_0448836.ece

Hey, I'd be happy to have European Turkey (and some of the Ionian coastline) join up.  Anatolia...meh.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 03:58:03 AM »

That's pretty much identical to what the CSU said in Germany, including the "51st state" comment. Who gets plagiarized by whom here?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 05:03:27 AM »

That's pretty much identical to what the CSU said in Germany, including the "51st state" comment. Who gets plagiarized by whom here?

Depends on who said it first ... Wink

The CSU in Bavaria combines much of the political spectrum that consists of ÖVP/BZÖ/FPÖ here in Austria. Only with the difference that the radical/conservative part of the CSU is declining in favor of FDP/Free Voters, whereas here the Far-Right is gaining and the moderates (ÖVP) are stagnating or losing ground.

PS: Obama's approval rating here in Austria didn't really collpase from 80 to 42%, just because he wants Turkey in the EU, that was a joke ... Tongue
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 06:01:20 AM »

We could let Turkey into the EU.

But would we really want to be that cruel to them?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies