The "Repair Our Wiki" Project! (R.O.W.)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 11:53:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The "Repair Our Wiki" Project! (R.O.W.)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Author Topic: The "Repair Our Wiki" Project! (R.O.W.)  (Read 20594 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 06, 2009, 08:09:08 PM »
« edited: April 25, 2009, 03:34:03 PM by AG Marokai Blue »

(Logo courtesy of Devilman88)

This is long overdue. For too long we've left the responsibility of recording new things onto the wiki and correcting errors into the hands of just a few. I want this to stop, I want all Atlasians to get involved. Wikipedia is a collaborative effort, flourishing because it involved all those who read it and can always update information because very many people are involved. The Atlasian wiki should replicate this model, to at least some degree. We have to start involving every Atlasian in proof-reading and constantly updating the wiki with new and better information.

That's why I'm, finally, unveiling the Repair Our Wiki plan, a plan designed to gauge everyone's opinions on the wiki, their suggestions, their advice. This is a place where everyone can post links to inaccuracies or give tips on pages that should exist, but don't yet. A please where people can be encouraged to get a Wiki account, and take part in this move as well.

For anyone new, since we have some newbies in on the action now (Smiley) should take a look at the Wiki here: https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Main_Page

If there are any suggestions you have, or you spot inaccurate information, post it here, and people who have wiki accounts and have signed up to work on R.O.W. will take a look at the first opportunity and mention that it's take care of. Ideally this thread will not only serve as a suggestion box and proof-reading and correcting the wiki, but also the record keeping of errors that have been remedied over the time this Initiative is continued.

R.O.W. Volunteers are "on-call" if you will, to correct errors, create pages, instruct newbies on Wiki access, and consider suggestions brought to the forefront. Anyone wishing to become a volunteer must have Wiki access and ask to be one in this thread or by PMing me. I know there are others out there, so speak up! Cheesy

Gaining wiki access is simple! PM Dave Leip or send him an email via the bottom of the Wiki front page here with your Atlas ID. Remember, even if you don't have the time or simply the desire to participate, submitting even the most minor of inaccuracies in the Wiki are a marvelous help for us, help out any way you can!

Also, any veterans of Atlasia with a knowledge of history would be great for editing Party pages with more detailed histories and improving upon citizen bio-pages for those of us who don't have a detailed knowledge of those things, and any information on that front is another thing I hope to get on the wiki during this Initiative. Furthermore, I hope that succeeding Attorney Generals continue R.O.W. should it be a success, and that someone could sticky this.

So let's get to work. Take some time, browse the Wiki, and anything you see that you think might be wrong, post it here! Let's fix our broken down Wiki!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 08:10:32 PM »

So yes, i finally got wiki access. I know there are others out there who want to participate, so let me know for sure.

I'm still new to editing wikis, but I'm pretty resourceful, so I'll catch on. Also, anyone who wants to make a groovy logo for this project would be appreciated Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 08:13:32 PM »

Also if I missed anything in the introduction, let me know. Smiley
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 08:14:32 PM »

I would like to help.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 08:16:48 PM »

I'm glad to see this up and running. Everyone, feel free to PM me on Wiki updates and corrections you believe are needed.

If you don't already have Wiki access, follow the instructions Marokai laid out towards the end of his post so you can edit things on the Wiki.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 08:17:41 PM »

I'm glad to see this up and running. Everyone, feel free to PM me on Wiki updates and corrections you believe are needed.

If you don't already have Wiki access, follow the instructions Marokai laid out towards the end of his post so you can edit things on the Wiki.

Just did that.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 08:18:48 PM »

Just did that.

Excellent, let me know when Dave gets back to you. Be patient, since it took me awhile unfortunately.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 08:24:07 PM »

Just did that.

Excellent, let me know when Dave gets back to you. Be patient, since it took me awhile unfortunately.

OK sure well. I have look at Wiki and notice alot of it is out of date and right now I don't have a job(got laid off a few months back) so I have alot of time on my hands.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 08:26:05 PM »

Moi!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 08:26:56 PM »

I'm going to take that as signing up to volunteer? Tongue
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 10:34:44 PM »

I'll help where I can. Good luck with this. I've tried something somewhat similar in the past with no success. Hopefully it works out better for you.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 11:11:04 PM »

I agree that there are problems with the wiki, we need greater involvement in this. I have considered requesting a wiki account already, so I will probably do this soon.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 03:33:25 AM »

Hopefully by the end of the week, I'll have 90% of the Mideast's wiki totally updated.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 03:51:20 AM »

I'll help where I can. Good luck with this. I've tried something somewhat similar in the past with no success. Hopefully it works out better for you.

It's much appreciated. There are many large gaps in the Southeast's wiki pages. However, I don't know all of the region's Governors going back to June 2007 for example, so I've been unable to update most of them.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 04:37:13 AM »

As it never has been in optimal state, I think it should be "pair", not "repair". Grin
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 05:03:48 PM »

As someone who is still sort of new to wiki editing, could anyone here explain to me, and presumably others, how to put images on the Wiki? Sad
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 05:12:47 PM »

When in doubt, use Wikipedia, the meaning of life. These guidelines apply to our wiki, though of course no need to cite sources and all that sh**t and nobody will come and whip you for lack of said citations like the Wikipedia SS do.

A kind note from somebody who has a pet peeve with categories. Use categories. Such as these. I have a pet peeve with people not putting categories. It drives me mad. Livid.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 05:57:43 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2009, 09:55:30 AM by $Dan$ »

How does that look?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 06:18:58 PM »

That's fantastic! Thanks very much Smiley
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 06:23:18 PM »

Anytime, now I'm just waiting on Dave.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 11:06:27 PM »

Add me to the wiki. I wish to relive my epic last minute Senate race against Smid.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 11:31:15 PM »
« Edited: April 08, 2009, 11:39:20 PM by Smid »

Add me to the wiki. I wish to relive my epic last minute Senate race against Smid.

It is the thing epic ballads are made of - the gargantuan struggle of two write-in candidates, neither of whom formally declared prior to the close of nominations. In years to come, classics majors will need to read The Iliad, The Odyssey, Beowulf and The Northeast Senate race of February 2009.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 10:43:44 AM »

Wiki people, please note that Southeastern statutes are horribly out of date Smiley
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2009, 02:01:52 AM »

Do any Southeasterners think they can update the Lt. Governor page? I updated the Governor page, but I'm not familiar enough to do Lt. Governor.

Also needs updating: https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Secretary_of_External_Affairs
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2009, 03:57:38 AM »

Wow that is horrifically out of date. Does anyone have knowledge of passed trade pacts and/or treaties or are we just going to have to dig around for information?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies