Conservative Light Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:36:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Conservative Light Party
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Conservative Light Party  (Read 1603 times)
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 06, 2009, 11:13:22 AM »
« edited: April 06, 2009, 02:08:18 PM by $Dan$ »

*Note this is for after the new government is made* Just putting the idea out there now.

I would like to start a new Conservative Party other then the RPP. Nothing against the RPP or the people who made it, but it seems that the RPP is ruling over the right with an iron fist. I want to start a new era of conservative in Atlasia, where the liberal conservatives can be heard. I would like for this party to be more of an European conservative style party, but it is up the the people who join this party. I have posted one logo that I like, but it can be changed. So if you want to join or would like to help make the platform for this new party just start talking.

Thank you and hopefully this will be a start for conservatives.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 02:38:40 PM »

Yeah real sorry for unifying conservatives into one big tent party Roll Eyes
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 03:00:08 PM »

I don't think your party unify conservatives, but gave them only one party to join. I want to give conservatives two parties they can join. I think the more parties we have the better the game will be because you can work with other parties to get things done.
Fine...I Made This More Civil
persepolis

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 08:09:47 PM »

I don't think your party unify conservatives, but gave them only one party to join. I want to give conservatives two parties they can join. I think the more parties we have the better the game will be because you can work with other parties to get things done.

As opposed to working within your party to get things done? Isn't it better to not have to negotiate for support between two parties that share similar ideals?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 08:19:01 PM »

As opposed to working within your party to get things done? Isn't it better to not have to negotiate for support between two parties that share similar ideals?

Well, it certainly gives the smaller, breakaway party more power when it can threaten to ally with a moderate, left-leaning party. But it can also weaken the general right-leaning message. It depends how much influence the more moderate conservative power can hold in elections and votes. If it's large enough to make a difference then why shouldn't it try.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 08:22:34 PM »

It would make the game much more better if you have more then one for each side. There are some issues that the RPP don't want to push that more liberal republican would want to push.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 08:27:05 PM »

You joined the DA, so much for your other idea.  If you left our party because we didn't want to change our name, I honestly do not know what to say.  We certainly aren't a party of solely right-wing extremists
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 08:31:10 PM »

You joined the DA, so much for your other idea.  If you left our party because we didn't want to change our name, I honestly do not know what to say.  We certainly aren't a party of solely right-wing extremists

One of the founding members of the RPP, Duke, is quite moderate in his political views. Many of us have moderate to liberal views that we would like to advance.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 08:32:08 PM »

One of the founding members of the RPP, Duke, is quite moderate in his political views. Many of us have moderate to liberal views that we would like to advance.
Yeah, I'm going to assume he didn't really reserach our party well and/or was mad we would not change our name
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 08:32:39 PM »

The name has nothing to do with it. Also, I said I'm putting this off until after the ConCon is over.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 08:40:22 PM »

Yeah, I'm going to assume he didn't really reserach our party well and/or was mad we would not change our name

No, that isn't true. I did alot of reseach after I first joined. But why can't there be more then one party that is conservative? Heck for all we know they might cap membership for party to 10 per party. Then we will have me make another conservative party.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 08:41:15 PM »

Why would disunifying a group of voters be a good thing?  And if "making a new conservative party" was your goal, why did you join the DA?
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 08:42:41 PM »

DWTL... you realise he's more right-wing then you are in terms of social issues, and he's more right-wing than Ben is in terms of economic issues. Clearly we are a broad church.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 08:44:14 PM »

We are a broad church, that was my point Smiley
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 08:50:16 PM »

Why would disunifying a group of voters be a good thing?  And if "making a new conservative party" was your goal, why did you join the DA?

It wouldn't be disunifying with the conservative parties caucus together. I joined the DA because there social platform fit me very well and I have became friends with members of the DA.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 08:52:40 PM »

DWTL... you realise he's more right-wing then you are in terms of social issues, and he's more right-wing than Ben is in terms of economic issues. Clearly we are a broad church.

Don't judge my views by that PM test, there are alot of issues that it doesn't talk about.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 09:02:47 PM »

Guys, it's not such a big deal for a new user to play some hop-scotch with parties and experimenting with creating new parties. Goodness knows I tried to make my own party.

The DA is not a left-leaning rampantly ideological party, so that a right-leaning person would join the party is not crazy. We are pragmatic, friendly and pretty powerful.

Let it be.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 09:05:08 PM »

No staunch conservative would join a party run by Hashemite.  No offense to you Purple State, the party is a good fit for you and I enjoy working with your party, but someone looking for a conservative outfit doesn't seem well placed in your party.  Especially someone who seems to be a social conservative.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 09:10:17 PM »

No staunch conservative would join a party run by Hashemite.  No offense to you Purple State, the party is a good fit for you and I enjoy working with your party, but someone looking for a conservative outfit doesn't seem well placed in your party.  Especially someone who seems to be a social conservative.

I'm not social conservative. Like I said the PM test isn't showing my true score. Alot of them issues I put Neutral.
Fine...I Made This More Civil
persepolis

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 09:11:23 PM »

You must understand that the RPP is a very diverse party. I am very far to the right, almost crazy (there, I admitted it) economically, but I am a centrist socially. That in itself is a microcosm of how this party works. We take members of every philosophy. Although I respect your decision, I urge you to reconsider and rejoin the RPP.

On another note, I am relatively friendly with members of the DA, but that does not mean that I have to join that party. Building friendship within and outside your party is key to gaining the votes/support needed to be elected to the office, in a sim or otherwise. If someone changed parties every time they made a friend in another one, the world would fall into anarchy.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 09:11:49 PM »

I'm not socail conservative. Like I said the PM test isn't showing my true score. Alot of them issues I put Neutral.
If you associate the words "American" or "conservative" near your name, you may want to research Hashemite.  
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009, 09:24:17 PM »

Understood, but there's no need to jump on his back. The chips will fall eventually. Until then, it's nice to let new members figure the game out for themselves a little.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 04:41:03 PM »

It wouldn't be disunifying with the conservative parties caucus together. I joined the DA because there social platform fit me very well and I have became friends with members of the DA.

But on economics, they are left wing. I guess it all depends on what is important to you. I couldn't care less about social policies.

The beautiful thing about the RPP is that it unifies the right leaning members under one tent. We can then leverage power to get people elected into seats that they would normally not win. Our block has become a powerful one in recent elections. The problem with your idea is that if we have all these small conservatives parties scattered all over the place, we'll never be able to use our bloc for anything positive.

If they cap parties, then your argument becomes valid. Otherwise, you'll just be diluting our voting power.

It's not like our party is full of social conservatives anyway. In fact, most of us lean left.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 04:57:30 PM »

It's not like our party is full of social conservatives anyway. In fact, most of us lean left.

Indeed.  I'm probably one of the most socially conservative members, although I'm starting to drift leftward, too.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies