Gov. David Paterson's Senate minority leader tenure marked by chaos, dysfunction
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:43:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Gov. David Paterson's Senate minority leader tenure marked by chaos, dysfunction
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gov. David Paterson's Senate minority leader tenure marked by chaos, dysfunction  (Read 2126 times)
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 27, 2009, 03:20:14 PM »

Ouch.  The vultures are circling.  It's very convenient that this report would surface now.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/03/22/2009-03-22_gov_david_patersons_senate_minority_lead.html
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 03:29:25 PM »

He won't make it out of the primary; he may not even run at all.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 03:57:15 PM »

He won't make it out of the primary; he may not even run at all.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 05:21:49 PM »

I think he'll find a way to see himself out of this...
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 06:53:52 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2009, 06:56:43 PM by Joe Republic »

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH LOL LOL HAHAHAHA

LOL LOL LOL LOL

LOL

Now get lost.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 08:10:48 PM »

What's the point of throwing darts at a ballon that popped long ago?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 08:22:22 PM »

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL LOL LOL LOL

LOL

Now get lost.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 10:43:55 PM »

The NYC media have been doing this ever since he went against the establishment and picked a little known upstater instead of Princess Caroline.  I'm still voting for him if he runs.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 12:34:17 AM »
« Edited: March 30, 2009, 12:35:53 AM by Lunar »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL LOL LOL LOL

LOL

Now get lost.

I don't think his cause is lost yet either and I'm a follower of New York politics.  He certainly has an uphill climb, and his biggest threat, obviously in my opinion, is not directly from Cuomo, bu his relative polling against Republicans.  If Paterson continues to poll poorly against GOP challengers, then party leaders will give the green light to Cuomo and his victory would be likely assured.  However, this isn't necessarily the future, especially if a big name-recognition challenger or two, like Guiliani, passes and Paterson improves in  the polls against his next possible challengers.  I'm not sure if that many people are aware of the last time Cuomo got burned primarying the establishment African-American candidate or that he's capable of chilling for another term before becoming governor, under a lot better economic climate.

I mean, I'd put my money on a Governor Cuomo in 2011 before I'd put it in front of a Governor Paterson.  But I'd hardly put so many fake lol's in there.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 12:45:51 AM »
« Edited: March 30, 2009, 12:47:55 AM by Senator PiT »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL LOL LOL LOL

LOL

Now get lost.

I don't think his cause is lost yet either and I'm a follower of New York politics.  He certainly has an uphill climb, and his biggest threat, obviously in my opinion, is not directly from Cuomo, bu his relative polling against Republicans.  If Paterson continues to poll poorly against GOP challengers, then party leaders will give the green light to Cuomo and his victory would be likely assured.  However, this isn't necessarily the future, especially if a big name-recognition challenger or two, like Guiliani, passes and Paterson improves in  the polls against his next possible challengers.  I'm not sure if that many people are aware of the last time Cuomo got burned primarying the establishment African-American candidate or that he's capable of chilling for another term before becoming governor, under a lot better economic climate.

I mean, I'd put my money on a Governor Cuomo in 2011 before I'd put it in front of a Governor Paterson.  But I'd hardly put so many fake lol's in there.

I suspect the sarcastic nature of his post has more to do with RowanBrandon's bad joke about Paterson seeing himself out of it.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 12:56:12 AM »

Oh, I missed the "see" part of it.  Heh, that's pretty funny with the tunnel vision and stuff.

Well, still, I think the point needs to be made that he's slightly less dead than the media depicts him as.  He'd be a bad bet for 50/50 odds, but for adjusted odds based upon media/forum perceptions, I'd throw down a few bills. I mean, note how, like, you need an opponent before people know if you're going to lose an election.

I mean, he's probably not going to run or win reelection
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 10:20:13 AM »

The budget they're going to pass in NY will now officially make him dead, even though, oddly enough, it makes him more likely to win the primary.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies