Ivy League Colleges Discriminate Against Whites
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:07:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Ivy League Colleges Discriminate Against Whites
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Ivy League Colleges Discriminate Against Whites  (Read 6506 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2009, 03:12:25 PM »

Though I do find it curious that whites have managed to dominate the world (despite being <10% of the population) for centuries now...

guns, germs and steel

I would question that book a great deal... though I agree "germs" are a massive part of it.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2009, 06:44:29 PM »

Though I do find it curious that whites have managed to dominate the world (despite being <10% of the population) for centuries now...

guns, germs and steel

Well, its really more about the class system - they happened to get on top first, and now that is almost irrevocable in a system that is as rigid and 'rigged' as is ours.

It was more about germs actually.
I think it is more about geography and competition than germs. I agree though the idea of a global class system with nations having class structure is ridiculous.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2009, 12:39:53 AM »

guns, germs and steel

Whites(mainly the Brittish) may of started imperialism but it was Zionist Bankers who made their fortune financing it and now they are the ones who run things. Some call it the New World Order

Others call it Stark's wet dream.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2009, 03:37:14 AM »

guns, germs and steel

Well, its really more about the class system - they happened to get on top first, and now that is almost irrevocable in a system that is as rigid and 'rigged' as is ours.

Depends where you are talking about. The Americas and Australia were colonized because of germs, thus the efficiency of it. Guns was required to keep down Asia while at the same time Europe came into control of all the resources of the Americas. Steel was just the natural extension of the industrial revolution, which was not allowed to spread beyond Europe due to mercantilist thinking. Again guns came in handy there.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2009, 07:26:11 AM »

guns, germs and steel

Depends where you are talking about. The Americas and Australia were colonized because of germs, thus the efficiency of it. Guns was required to keep down Asia while at the same time Europe came into control of all the resources of the Americas. Steel was just the natural extension of the industrial revolution, which was not allowed to spread beyond Europe due to mercantilist thinking. Again guns came in handy there.

Yes, but who invented gunpowder, printing, metallurgy first? It wasn't Europeans. "Guns, Germs & Steel" is too simple a formulation, history does not run on any other laws other than those of human interaction.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2009, 11:29:29 PM »

guns, germs and steel

Yes, but who invented gunpowder, printing, metallurgy first? It wasn't Europeans. "Guns, Germs & Steel" is too simple a formulation, history does not run on any other laws other than those of human interaction.

True. Europeans had to struggle to survive just before colonialism began. Indians and Chinese on the other hand were living the good life. Europeans had to adapt and change which meant it gave them a competitive advantage in the 17th and 18th centuries. Internal politics dictated why India could be taken over administratively( actually a large part of it was still under princely rule) and China couldn't. But the common thread was the complete control Europeans took over the economy. They just used their resources in a better fashion/ were cunning as hell, and their control of the economy dictated what would happen over the next few centuries. Guns, Germs and Steel is really effective at explaining what happened in the Americas and Australia though .
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies