BRTD/Netherlands vs. Keystone Phil/Ireland
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:30:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  BRTD/Netherlands vs. Keystone Phil/Ireland
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: BRTD/Netherlands vs. Keystone Phil/Ireland
BRTD/Netherlands

Keystone Phil/Ireland

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 24

Author Topic: BRTD/Netherlands vs. Keystone Phil/Ireland  (Read 3132 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2009, 02:50:32 PM »

This was not meant to imply that I fit well with the Netherlands or that Phil does well with Ireland.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2009, 03:46:44 PM »

Was this meant to personally get me BRTD?

Ugh, you got me.  I voted for you.  Yeah, I know.. I voted against my own flesh and blood, but politically Ireland is still just beginning to come out of the Dark Ages.  I'll have to admit from a political standpoint the Netherlands gets it, Ireland doesn't.

I think than this a regigion thing.

Netherlands: Very protestant and liberal country.
Ireland: Very catholic and conservative country.

You two people should be banned from the forum immediatly for ignorance.

Btw, Flyers I keep telling you, STOP. POSTING. ABOUT. IRELAND. Please.

A country who legalised divorce only in 1995 with only 50% of the population agreeing is very conservative!

Forgot to mention the only Western European nation to make abortion illegal under any and all circumstances.  I think legalizing birth control was only recent as well.  Ok, they're not even close to Saudi Arabia, but you cant' argue me here.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2009, 05:25:13 PM »

Ugh, you got me.  I voted for you.  Yeah, I know.. I voted against my own flesh and blood, but politically Ireland is still just beginning to come out of the Dark Ages.  I'll have to admit from a political standpoint the Netherlands gets it, Ireland doesn't.

A country who legalised divorce only in 1995 with only 50% of the population agreeing is very conservative!

Forgot to mention the only Western European nation to make abortion illegal under any and all circumstances. 

There is one exception under which abortion is legal in Ireland - that being when the life of the mother is under threat.

I think legalizing birth control was only recent as well.  Ok, they're not even close to Saudi Arabia, but you cant' argue me here.

The Supreme Court decided the banning contraception was unconstitutional in the McGee case in 1973.

Ok, they're not even close to Saudi Arabia, but you cant' argue me here.

I second everything Gully said in this thread.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2009, 05:33:25 PM »

There is one exception under which abortion is legal in Ireland - that being when the life of the mother is under threat.

Even more conservative than my position on the issue. Throw in an exception for rape and we're on the same page.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2009, 05:56:27 PM »

Even more conservative than my position on the issue. Throw in an exception for rape and we're on the same page.

The reason the laws stands as it is is that the government knows that pregnant women who are determined to have an abortion will just go across to the UK to have one... as c7,000 women do each year, this makes us have all the benefits of having legal abortions while allowing us to perceive ourselves as morally superior and that "we don't have an abortion issue here".
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2009, 11:44:25 PM »

Forgot to mention the only Western European nation to make abortion illegal under any and all circumstances.  I think legalizing birth control was only recent as well.  Ok, they're not even close to Saudi Arabia, but you cant' argue me here.

They will see the light a day. In Quebec, until 1960, we were in a competition with Utah for the most conservative place in North America. Now, we are one of most liberal place in North America.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2009, 03:32:39 AM »

Utah was hardly the most conservative state in 1960.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2009, 09:31:54 PM »

They will see the light a day. In Quebec, until 1960, we were in a competition with Utah for the most conservative place in North America. Now, we are one of most liberal place in North America.

Prior to the lasr century Massachusetts was one of the most conservative places in the nation IIRC.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2009, 09:32:34 PM »

Forgot to mention the only Western European nation to make abortion illegal under any and all circumstances. 

I think legalizing birth control was only recent as well.  Ok, they're not even close to Saudi Arabia, but you cant' argue me here.

The Supreme Court decided the banning contraception was unconstitutional in the McGee case in 1973.

Ok, they're not even close to Saudi Arabia, but you cant' argue me here.

I second everything Gully said in this thread.

I stand corrected.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2009, 10:04:11 PM »

Utah was hardly the most conservative state in 1960.

Well, we were most conservative than the most conservative state before 1960.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies