Lone Aussie takes on Thailand
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:52:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Lone Aussie takes on Thailand
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lone Aussie takes on Thailand  (Read 781 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 04, 2009, 06:52:28 AM »

url
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Do ya know him opebo?  Do you see a lot of "Angry Farang Syndrome"?
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 04:00:29 PM »

Haha, no.  My favorite part of that story was 'Station Superintendent Col Suthin Sapphuang was sitting in his office around 3 pm'.  Doing nothing, of course!  But I guess lazy police are a lot better than the alternative.

As for 'Angry Farang Syndrome', I'm sure it does happen quite a lot.  Living in a foriegn land can be frustrating, and particularly when ones standard of living drops.  The typical way it works is this - farang comes to Thailand on a 4-6 week holiday (European holiday), with lots of Euros, and has an absolute BALL.  Literally.  So he repeats this a few times and decides to chuck his well paid job back in Olde Blighty or Germany, and try to take up paid employment in Thailand.  At this point the poor bastard has to live on maybe a thousand Euros a month at best, AND has to work, so every last bit of the fun goes out of life.

Even guys who come here to eke it out on a small pension (yes I mean Europeans here) tend to get frustrated after a while.  Thailand is an absolute paradise on say $2,000-2,500/month, but on $1,000-1,500 a month it is quite a big tease.  Imagine having lots of beautiful working girls around you, redily available, but you can only get on maybe twice a week due to budgetary restraints.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies