The new Kansas Senate Race (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:39:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  The new Kansas Senate Race (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The new Kansas Senate Race  (Read 6934 times)
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 10, 2009, 06:10:28 PM »

If you exclude Sebelius, is there any remotely possible matchup of a Democrat & a Republican in Kansas that the Democrats could win?

Simply put, no.

My take: The Kansas Democratic Party simply needs to raise another Kathleen Sebelius. Right now, the only top-drawer Democrat I can think of who could *maybe* run a close race would be Rep. Dennis Moore (KS-03) who represents the most (and only) liberal parts of the state in and around Kansas City and the college town of Lawrence. I'm sure if Moore vacated the seat to run for the Senate, he could possibly give Moran or Tiahrt a competitive race, but I'd still give the edge to the Republican whoever (s)he may be because let's face it, Kansas will be as Kansas will be. Also, I don't think Moore would risk his safe House seat for a risky Senate seat, though.

Another possible contender could be Nancy Boyda. She surprised everyone when she won KS-02 in 2006 but was one of the few Democratic freshmen incumbents who was ousted in 2008 to State Treasurer Lynn Jenkins (R). That may say something about her electability.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies