The new Kansas Senate Race (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:24:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  The new Kansas Senate Race (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The new Kansas Senate Race  (Read 6900 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« on: March 01, 2009, 08:51:04 PM »

Why would anything have changed between Tiahrt and Moran?  I posted some Democrats interested in the race in my US Discussion board thread, but no one has declared since the news is so recent.  I mean, did it really matter who the Democrats ran for the open seat in Idaho in 2008?

obviously no favorites have emerged on the Democratic side because no one has hinted at anything, word
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 11:16:30 PM »
« Edited: March 01, 2009, 11:22:27 PM by Lunar »

When's the last time a Democrat was a Senator from Kansas?  Isn't it the 1920s or something?

I don't see any reason that'll change after 2010, but I wasn't seeing any reason why that would change anyway.

Not that it matters, but didn't Bob Kerrey and Ben Nelson kind of do that Governor->Senator route in a very similar state?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 03:19:16 AM »

Not unless something really freaky occurs.

I mean, no one thought Dole was vulnerable (which is why two of the top two Democratic contenders in North Carolina fought each other in the governor's primary and some unknown State Senator won).  I'm too lazy to look up if Tiahrt or Moran have had to have actually competitive races in the past (I only research interesting states, which doesn't include CA) but I suppose there's an outside chance that one of them has a campaign-destroying gaffe that could help a Democrat win in a fluke.  It'd have to be Macacax3 though.

But that'd be really freaky in Kansas.  Maybe not as freaky as LaRocco winning in Idaho in 2008, but more freaky than Noriega beating Cornyn in Texas in '08.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies