America 2050- We talk about future elections...but what will the stances be? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:12:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  America 2050- We talk about future elections...but what will the stances be? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: America 2050- We talk about future elections...but what will the stances be?  (Read 14000 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« on: October 17, 2013, 01:26:57 PM »

Zombie times, or at least generalized cannibalism due to collapse of environment, agriculture and energy supply.
I think the US will look more like Yugoslavia than former USSR. Can't let all these guns go to waste.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 01:34:57 PM »

Zombie times, or at least generalized cannibalism due to collapse of environment, agriculture and energy supply.
I think the US will look more like Yugoslavia than former USSR. Can't let all these guns go to waste.

They have cannibalism in the former Yugoslavia?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkanization
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 01:49:34 PM »

Yeah I know all about Balkanization, seatown.  But I was talking about cannibalism.
Well the US owners are already cannibalizing the country... and that will stop once there is not sufficient energy(fossil fuels) to do so, and we will see some pretty spectacular fighting. As for literal cannibalism I don't see it happening, most people will die before they get hungry.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 11:00:10 PM »

Yeah I know all about Balkanization, seatown.  But I was talking about cannibalism.
Well the US owners are already cannibalizing the country... and that will stop once there is not sufficient energy(fossil fuels) to do so, and we will see some pretty spectacular fighting. As for literal cannibalism I don't see it happening, most people will die before they get hungry.

Though I am optimistic that there are progressively more fossil fuels as they find better ways to get to it. Though I think when capitalism finally separates itself from those who are not capitalists, it will be interesting to see what happens next.
That's not optimistic... it'll be a different type of catastrophe, environmental degradation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies