What liberal commentator do you dislike the most?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:12:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What liberal commentator do you dislike the most?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: What liberal commentator do you dislike the most?
Mike Barnicle

Jerry Springer

Rachel Maddow

Bill Maher

Thom Hartmann

Ron Kuby

Alan Colmes

Ron Reagan

Michael "Lionel" Lebron

Jon Stewart

Al Franken

Bob Shrum

Arianna Huffington

Keith Olbermann

Cenk Uygur

Randi Rhodes

Chris Matthews

NOTA

I like 'em all.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: What liberal commentator do you dislike the most?  (Read 15860 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2009, 04:18:15 PM »

I don't like people who say "Conservative biased commentators are inaccurate lying jerks, therefore all biased commentators are inaccurate lying jerks!"
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2009, 04:35:54 PM »

Colmes for me. 

I think Rachel Maddow is cute as a button.  And yes, I know she's gay.

I like Maddow a lot.  I agree with her on almost nothing, but she seems like someone I'd get along with.  I must admit that I haven't seen her new show, but I used to watch her on Road to the White House.  I saw her guest-host one time and you couldn't tell what her personal opinions were.  She was very fair.

Colmes is okay, too.  I think he's funny and thought he and Hannity played well off of one another.   

Olbermann, on the other hand, makes my skin crawl.  Whenever I see his mug on the Sunday Night Football halftime show, I have to hurl an obscenity at the TV.  I can't help it. 

Much as I detest Bil O'Reilly, I hate Olbermann almost as much.  They both drag our national conversation to amazing lows.  I guess a lot of the people on the list do that at least some of the time.  

You can say that Olbermann's succes is a direct consequence of O'Reilly's existence.
If a conservative goes on air and spews his bile unchallenged, then sooner or later a liberal counterpart will emerge to fill the vacuum at the other side of the spectrum.
And O'Reilly himself facilitated Olbermann's rise by taking the bait repeatedly. Thus he gave credibility and much needed exposure to Olbermann, who inevitably became an icon for liberals who craved for their own anti-O'Reilly.

By the way, is Jack Cafferty considered a liberal commentator?
I think it's a same that CNN took him off the panel which comments the daily political news. He and Jeffrey Toobin are by far the most interesting members of the so called best political team.     
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2009, 04:27:53 PM »

Colmes for me. 

I think Rachel Maddow is cute as a button.  And yes, I know she's gay.

I like Maddow a lot.  I agree with her on almost nothing, but she seems like someone I'd get along with.  I must admit that I haven't seen her new show, but I used to watch her on Road to the White House.  I saw her guest-host one time and you couldn't tell what her personal opinions were.  She was very fair.

Colmes is okay, too.  I think he's funny and thought he and Hannity played well off of one another.   

Olbermann, on the other hand, makes my skin crawl.  Whenever I see his mug on the Sunday Night Football halftime show, I have to hurl an obscenity at the TV.  I can't help it. 

Much as I detest Bil O'Reilly, I hate Olbermann almost as much.  They both drag our national conversation to amazing lows.  I guess a lot of the people on the list do that at least some of the time.  

By the way, is Jack Cafferty considered a liberal commentator?

Everyone on CNN, NBC, CBS and ABC is a liberal.  They don't let real conservatives be heard.  People light to bring up Scarborough.  What a laugh.  He spent more time criticising Bush and America than Colmes did.  He's right on a few issues but he is no conservative.  Thank God for Fox and a few decent newspapers or no one would know the truth.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2009, 04:32:58 PM »

All of you can whine about the liberal commentators if you like, but I'm still waiting on how they're inaccurate. Bias doesn't equal inaccuracy or even necessarily fairness.

My problem with many conservative commentators isn't because they're conservative, it's because they're wrong, not that I think they're wrong, that they are actually wrong.

• Olbermann said that Palin vetoed $275,000 for Special Olympics.  That was wrong.

Alot of news agencies reported the opposite, Olbermann can't necessarily be held solely at fault for the failure of the media at large to correct their error.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Regardless of how you want to rationalize this one, Medved was still defending American slavery to some extent. You could nitpick at Olbermann for not pointing out that Medved eventually stated that slavery was obviously wrong (duh) but the entire point of the article was essentially Slavery wasn't THAT bad.

Oh good heavens, he misquoted someone. End his career.

Bill Maher is often hysterically wrong (and does a very bad job of explaining himself). I won't even try to defend him, though I enjoy his show, mostly for his panels.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I'm not trying to say liberal commentators are perfect and get everything right. But they are often more willing to dig into something, report context, and cite something to back themselves up. Bill O'Reilly cites fictional statistics to argue against gay marriage and France, Hannity cites fictional earmarks to attack the stimulus bill, Ann Coulter is a lying bitch on most occasions, Limbaugh is not only a hypocrite, but a known liar, and I could go on and on.

While any public figure open to such scrutiny will be found to be wrong on something, the ratio to inaccuracies, misquotes, and/or outright lies, are probably 3-1 against conservative talking heads.

I was simply showing that they ARE in fact innacurate.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2009, 04:35:03 PM »

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2009, 04:50:08 PM »

Evidence to back that up?

EDIT: And, again, that's not what you originally said.  You asked for somebody to show you inaccuracies.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2009, 04:52:29 PM »

There's no laid out statistic for that sort of thing, so your question is obviously disingenuous. I'm willing to argue that Conservative commentators are often more incendiary and dishonest on average, but there's no way to prove that without laying out everything from each individual commentator and comparing them.

Of course, you're never going to come to equal ground on this to me, because it's easier to hide behind the fact that there is no "Conservatives lie more than liberals!" study.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2009, 04:57:25 PM »

There's no laid out statistic for that sort of thing, so your question is obviously disingenuous. I'm willing to argue that Conservative commentators are often more incendiary and dishonest on average, but there's no way to prove that without laying out everything from each individual commentator and comparing them.

Of course, you're never going to come to equal ground on this to me, because it's easier to hide behind the fact that there is no "Conservatives lie more than liberals!" study.

I found you 4, so find me 12 inaccuracies.  Then at least we can call it semi-even.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2009, 04:58:46 PM »

Jeremy Glick!

http://img.youtube.com/vi/2IwIRNM5noY/default.jpg?h=60&w=80&sigh=__ACg1vlGhJt_PSlgFW8EGaYIjRuc

now you only have to go find 10-11 more

ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2009, 04:59:59 PM »

Everyone on CNN, NBC, CBS and ABC is a liberal. 

ROFLMAO.

Sadly, this is the mindset of the majority of talk radio conservatives.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2009, 05:07:09 PM »

Everyone on CNN, NBC, CBS and ABC is a liberal. 

ROFLMAO.

Sadly, this is the mindset of the majority of talk radio conservatives.

When Hugh Hewitt considers Mark Halperin a liberal, you know something is most amiss.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies