Poll: 82% think Obama is "awesome", pleasures women, looks unbeatable in 2012
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:34:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Poll: 82% think Obama is "awesome", pleasures women, looks unbeatable in 2012
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Poll: 82% think Obama is "awesome", pleasures women, looks unbeatable in 2012  (Read 2492 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 27, 2009, 02:39:37 PM »

One week into his presidency, Barack Obama gets high marks in a new poll, with a majority of Americans agreeing with the statement, "Barack Obama is even more awesome than I originally thought."

The percentage of voters who believe that Mr. Obama is awesome surged during his first week in office, with 82% thinking he is awesome now compared to 77% who deemed him awesome last week.

And in the latest measure of his popularity, Mr. Obama receives higher approval ratings in the new poll than either leprechauns or unicorns, mythical beings that almost everyone agrees are totally awesome.

In a head-to-head contest, Mr. Obama beats leprechauns and unicorns combined, garnering 64% compared to 21% for leprechauns, 14% for unicorns, and 1% for Congressman Ron Paul.

Mr. Obama remains wildly popular among women, with 72% of the women polled saying that they have experienced longer, more powerful orgasms since he was sworn in as president. "I definitely won't have to fake them like I did for the last eight years," said housewife Tracy Klujian of Madison, Wisconsin, who reported having an four-minute climax while watching the inauguration on MSNBC. "That's change I can believe in."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-borowitz/poll-obama-even-more-awes_b_161255.html
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 02:53:14 PM »

Wow. I can't believe I just read that bold part.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 03:22:08 PM »

Called it as a satire article before even clicking the link. The bold made it too obvious.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 04:01:17 PM »

Called it as a satire article before even clicking the link. The bold made it too obvious.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 02:28:00 AM »

Hilarious.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 03:00:24 AM »

The media is a fricking joke.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 03:02:44 AM »

But most Americans don't realize satire when they see it.

So far in my internet poll asking people who said, "I can see Russia from my house"? 54% have said Palin, and 23% have said Tina Fey.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 04:38:57 PM »

Speaking of mythical creatures, 'female orgasm'?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 12:19:28 AM »

The best days of the Obama Presidency are in the future too. Hopefully.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 07:16:46 PM »

After Dubya, Obama could get even mediocre performance and seem great by contrast.

I look at the eloquence, the respect for logic and formalities, his knowledge of history, his ability to exude well-founded optimism, and the obvious fact that he became President despite one huge drawback as a national candidate not his fault -- and I see someone who can be great.

If the economy is in unambiguous recovery and we are at peace or are in a successful war that we didn't stumble into, then Obama stands to win a 40-State landslide at the least in 2012... depending on who runs against him.

The GOP is severely weakened. John McCain was the strongest GOP nominee for President since Ronald Reagan, and he won't be running for President in 2012. The two most obvious candidates from 2008 (Giuliani was a failure)? Romney has yet to show that he can win in the South, and it is quite possible that once Southern white people  figure out what Obama is, enough will vote for Obama rather than vote for someone with a strange religion. Huckabee has yet to show that he could win outside the South, as McCain beat him in Texas (western fringe) and Missouri (northwestern fringe).

As I see it, Huckabee wins States that never vote Democratic (UT, ID, WY, OK) and NE-03  and most of the South. That will not be good enough; McCain did better than that. Romney will lose the Northeast, the Great Lakes Region, the Pacific Coast, and the whole South. Can you say "Alf Landon"?  Alaska? If they do anything to Palin, Alaska probably goes for Obama.

Palin? The more that people see her as a candidate, the less they will like her. There are lots of dark-horse candidates like Mitch Daniels (Governor of Indiana) -- and in his case he might actually win Indiana.

In any event I have my mental map of the 2012 electoral results, and I have a huge area of gray for toss-ups -- but almost all of those voted for McCain in 2008. Those that voted for Obama include Indiana, Ohio, Nevada (in case Mitt Romney is the nominee), Florida, and North Carolina. Obama 2012 has likely sewn up about 275 electoral votes (enough for a victory), and the toss-ups all depend upon who the Republican candidate is. Toss-ups include Montana (which was close), the Dakotas, Arizona (no Favorite Son), Alaska (in case other Republicans are seen to have "cheated" Sarah Palin); Texas (!!!), Georgia, West Virginia (should the coal and glass industries fare well due to the infrastructure stimulus, the Obama wins it), Kentucky (coal), Mississippi, Arkansas, and Louisiana should enough white people vote for Obama.  if Romney is the nominee, people in Alabama and Tennessee might choose the familiar -- the incumbent.

Any GOP candidate will win Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, and NE-03, and likely Kansas and Oklahoma.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 08:39:56 PM »

Because this thread is totally serious
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 10:13:50 AM »

Speaking of mythical creatures, 'female orgasm'?

Not surprising that it'd be mythical in your world.....I pity the fact that you've been having sex with objects instead of real women.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies