NY-Quinnipiac: Gillibrand gets better grades from Republicans than Democrats
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:05:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  NY-Quinnipiac: Gillibrand gets better grades from Republicans than Democrats
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY-Quinnipiac: Gillibrand gets better grades from Republicans than Democrats  (Read 2943 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 26, 2009, 09:48:58 AM »

Is your opinion of Kirsten Gillibrand favorable, unfavorable or haven't you heard enough about her ?

Favorable: 25%
Unfavorable: 10%

Republicans:

Favorable: 30%
Unfavorable: 7%

Democrats:

Favorable: 22%
Unfavorable: 11%

Independents:

Favorable: 28%
Unfavorable: 10%

Do you approve or disapprove of Governor Paterson's selection of Kirsten Gillibrand to fill Hillary Clinton's senate seat ?

Yes: 46%
No: 30%

Republicans:

Yes: 56%
No: 27%

Democrats:

Yes: 41%
No: 35%

Independents:

Yes: 49%
No: 21%

From January 23 - 25, Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,047 New York State registered voters, with a margin of error of +/- 3 percentage points.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1318.xml?ReleaseID=1251
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 10:12:06 AM »

I smell an interesting primary coming our way...
Nicodeme Depape
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.48

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 07:16:53 PM »

As I said before. I generally term fairly far left, but I'd choose populism over ' leftism '.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 09:05:10 PM »
« Edited: January 26, 2009, 09:07:52 PM by Ronnie »

I think that many Republicans are just relieved that there (probably) won't be another talking piece for the Democratic party or Obama-bot.  I am one of those Republicans.

I hope she does well.  I may even consider contributing to her if she is vulnerable in the 2010 primary. Smiley
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 12:54:11 AM »

I dunno, I think polling favorability ratings is pretty useless if you're dealing with 25-10 stuff.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 09:43:48 AM »

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2009/Senate/Maps/Jan28-s.html

She's a liberal that supports gun rights. This is a lot of hay over one issue.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 12:06:52 PM »

Make that two.
She is also against immigration reform and the New York Hispanics have already accused her of xenophobia.
Nicodeme Depape
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 12:31:53 PM »

Make that two.
She is also against immigration reform and the New York Hispanics have already accused her of xenophobia.

I like Gillibrand the more I hear about her.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 12:38:50 PM »

You like her because she opposes immigration reform?  I would call you something but you're only 14.
Nicodeme Depape
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 12:48:58 PM »

You like her because she opposes immigration reform?  I would call you something but you're only 14.

Well it depends on how you mean immigration reform. I'm against immigration for the most part, simply because I think that nations are better off culturally homogeneous.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 01:15:36 PM »

Well it depends on how you mean immigration reform. I'm against immigration for the most part, simply because I think that nations are better off culturally homogeneous.

Of course.
Just look at the progress achieved by Germany between 1932-1945.
Nicodeme Depape
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 01:28:49 PM »

Of course.

I have to say that your attempts at trying to compare my statement to the Holocaust are a bit pathetic, if not scapegoating. Hitler tried to exterminate the Jews, but he didn't do so to the French or Belgians. That isn't cultural homogeneity. Second of all, Hitler invaded other nations--I'm an isolationist for the most part, but in the modern use of the word.

Any way. I don't base cultural homogeneity on race. But rather culture. A black man in Alabama is just as Western as a white man in New York. For the people in the United States who haven't assimilated yet I support stronger assimilation policies such as enforcing English and such and no longer giving citizenship by birth.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 04:57:48 PM »

Of course.

I have to say that your attempts at trying to compare my statement to the Holocaust are a bit pathetic, if not scapegoating. Hitler tried to exterminate the Jews, but he didn't do so to the French or Belgians. That isn't cultural homogeneity. Second of all, Hitler invaded other nations--I'm an isolationist for the most part, but in the modern use of the word.

Any way. I don't base cultural homogeneity on race. But rather culture. A black man in Alabama is just as Western as a white man in New York. For the people in the United States who haven't assimilated yet I support stronger assimilation policies such as enforcing English and such and no longer giving citizenship by birth.

Perhaps the Germany example was over the top, but what you are basically proposing sounds similar to the quota stuff which was done in the early 1900's limiting the amount of people that could come to the country from eastern & Southern Europe in order to keep the Italians and Jews out of the U.S for 'cultural reasons'
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies