The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:27:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1217350 times)
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« on: January 23, 2009, 09:16:29 PM »

Of the two days Obama has been president so far, I really could not approve more. I was very worried that he'd start triangulating and backtracking right out of the gate; so far, it seems like he's sticking to his promises, and then some.

I couldn't agree more.  Closing Guantanamo and all secret prisons was an excellent first move.  What needs to be done now is prosecute those who were responsible for the atrocities that took place there.
Making healthcare reform a priority is another thing I approve of.

unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 04:45:28 PM »

This guy is so popular, it's insane.  I was reading some of the comments on his decision not to withdraw from Iraq at CNN and the same people who were praising him for opposing the war are now calling Pelosi names for disagreeing with the Chosen One.  I'm so glad now I didn't vote for this liar (I voted for Nader).
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 05:18:59 PM »

Well Pelosi and other congressional leaders believe it should happen earlier, something I agree with (and something Obama based much of his campaign on as well).

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/02/27/democrats-voice-concerns-on-obamas-iraq-drawdown-plan/

As you can see most of the people making comments are saying things like "I LUUVV da PrezidenT" and are asking for Pelosi's head.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 06:35:24 PM »

I'm more interested in Idaho, Wyoming and Nebraska.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 06:42:06 PM »

The sample for the Colorado poll was 38% Republican and 36% Democratic, which is probably why the results are so weird.  There's no way it's representative of the state's population if we take into account how they voted in November or the fact that registered Democrats exceed the number of registered Republicans.

unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 05:00:47 PM »

I'm more interested in states such as Idaho, Wyoming or Nebraska than Indiana to be honest.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 05:13:37 PM »

I'm more interested in states such as Idaho, Wyoming or Nebraska than Indiana to be honest.
Are you being sarcastic?
Because I would love to see polling there. I mean, is there any chance Obama could win there in 4 years?

Why would I be sarcastic?
I'm just curious of whether some of these sparsely populated Western states approve of Obama or not.  I just happen to have an interest in why many of these western states are so republican and whether it's for the same reason the South is.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 05:25:28 PM »

Are you being sarcastic?
Because I would love to see polling there. I mean, is there any chance Obama could win there in 4 years?

Polling by congressional district in Nebraska would be kind of cool, but yeah, do we really need Wyoming polls?

Why wouldn't we?  Wyoming is the state where the margin between McCain and Obama voters was the greatest.  Wouldn't you be interested in seeing whether they have a different opinion of Obama now that he is actually the president?
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 04:29:20 PM »

That's some great news from Utah and Louisiana!  I wish someone would poll Alaska.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 03:24:29 PM »

Virginia according to Research 2000:

Approve 56%
Disapprove 40%

According to the same poll, Mcdonnell would win easily against any Democrat so it's definitely not a biased poll

http://www.dailykos.com/statepoll/2009/5/20/VA/305
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2009, 09:52:29 PM »

I'm pretty sure those who think Obama has no chance in Utah thought the same thing about Indiana last year...
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 07:49:50 PM »

It isn't really surprising we have no polls from those 3 states.  They don't have any interesting races in 2010 so no one has polled them.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 08:03:09 PM »

It isn't really surprising we have no polls from those 3 states.  They don't have any interesting races in 2010 so no one has polled them.

OT but HAHAHA amazing screen name. Google says it exists aswell. lol

thanks Smiley
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 09:49:36 PM »

Marist

Approve 56%
Disapprove 32%

http://maristpoll.marist.edu/majority-lauds-obamas-overall-job-performance/

"However, fervor among younger voters has died down.  In those previous polls, 18 to 29 year olds tipped the scales toward the president’s positive approval ratings with his rating among this group in the seventies.  The current proportion of voters within this age group who approve of President Obama’s performance — 61% — is just slightly higher than registered voters in general."

Just as I have been predicting. Once the overly idealistic youth sees that Obama's big government policies won't work, and the Obama loses his novelty, they will start to defect from him.

I highly doubt fervor among young voters has died down because of Obama's "big government" policies.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 04:45:19 PM »

I honestly don't understand why everyone is giving pbrower such a hard time.  I don't think he ever claimed that THIS is what will happen in 2012.  His maps are clearly based on numbers and the only numbers we have right now are approval/favorability ratings.  There are of course many factors they cannot measure, but they're fun to look at.  I'm sure that if/when Obama's approval ratings drop, pbrower's map will become more red and you will all be happy.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 11:55:00 PM »

Why is Hawaii mentioned?

Hawaii is not Obama's home state.

He was born there.

Biden was born in Pennsylvania, yet Pennsylvania was not mentioned as one of the home states.

Hawaii loves Obama and they're very proud of him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies