The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:16:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1220411 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: April 03, 2009, 04:10:58 PM »

I doubt Hitler's approval ratings were ever as high as Obama's. The most the Nazi Party ever got was like 44%.

Hitler's approvals at the peak of his popularity, 1935-6, were probably well into the upper 80s. Not that anybody polled, of course.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 04:32:47 PM »

From the same poll

"I had hoped for more from Obama" 12% say yes
"Obama's policies are the same as Bush's" 7% say yes.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 01:54:38 PM »

The most recent poll for Alabama shows a 58% approval rating. That may be counter-intuitive.

Link?
Can't seem to find a poll like that. There was a poll with Obama at 60% approval of Alabama once, but that was right around inauguration day. The newest poll I found was 48% app, 49% disapproval, which I figure is probably the one actually shown in your map.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 02:58:33 PM »

Artur Davis is running for a Congressional seat in 2010 as a Democrat.
Actually, he currently holds a Congressional seat. He's running for Governor.

Here is the poll, like it or not. I am not familiar with the polling agency, but until someone discredits it I go with it, just as I go with some polls that suggest that Colorado is weak in support for Obama:

Alabama (Anzalone-Liszt Research (D) for Artur Davis, 600 LV, May 5-9)Sad

"58 percent of voters approve of Obama's performance, including 46 percent of white voters.  In addition, 87 percent of white Democrats and 57 percent of independents approve of Obama’s performance."

http://www.arturdavis2010.com/release_details.asp?id=65

Interesting, because the last Alabama poll by SUSA (600 adults) had Obama at only 48%.

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=c643766a-9eb3-42a5-a1ce-38215e0aa02b

It's almost a month old, but one poll a month from Alabama is about the most that anyone can expect.

Artur Davis is running for a Congressional seat in 2010 as a Democrat.

That is a campagin run poll, most people don't really look at them.
It's still a poll.
I don't know your standard for including polls here, and care not whether it is included or not, but his statement appears to have been correct. You might admit as much, too.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 04:04:02 PM »

There was a SurveyUSA Alabama poll which would obviously be more credible than a published "internal" poll.
But older.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 12:16:10 PM »

What are you talking about? Obama is obviously just as popular in Texas as he is in New York!
The people they polled claim to have voted for McCain by five points and John Cornyn by two. IIRC that's not quite how the elections turned out.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 03:37:06 PM »

What's with the weird "no opinion of Romney" hike?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 09:44:13 AM »

Gallup just released 50 states, but they are from January-June polling so I have no idea what to make of it. Pretty much meaningless numbers.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/122165/Obama-Approval-Highest-D.C.-Hawaii-Vermont.aspx

I concur, so I won't make any map about these. Polls from January to June might be rich in data but they would also be obsolete.
Should be useful for that projection thingee you did. But not be confused with current polling.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 01:12:57 PM »

Or maybe the electorate has shifted since then.

I recognize your narrative for this November will be that the reason why the Democrat Party lost was because Democrats didn't show up but the reality may very well be that there are fewer Democrats as the country has shifted since 2008.
No; the reason why the Democratic Party lost will be because such unusual numbers of Republicanarians showed up.

This is not to say that minorish shifts haven't occurred since 2008. They probably have. That's just a "return to normalcy" thing.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 05:51:29 AM »

He made it pretty clear that he's considering the mission accomplished and looking for the next piece of America to destroy. No point rubbing it in further.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 07:04:19 AM »

Try repealing Proposition 13.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies