The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:01:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1221885 times)
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2009, 05:39:27 PM »

YAWN

The state of the economy in 2012 will determine whether or not Obama is re-elected, not the health care reform debate of 2009.
This guy gets it. Still health care will definitley be a factor for the 2010 midterms and 2012.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2009, 07:51:44 PM »

I think Florida probably wont go for Obama again in 2012.  Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia were all probably a one time deal for Obama. 
It depends on who is nominated and how much the economy recovers. If it is Huckabee vs. Obama, then prepare for a ridiculous blowout in Virginia and Florida.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2009, 12:23:25 AM »

You all are idiots if you think current polls are in any way indicative of what the political climate will be like by November of 2012.
You see, they are a little indicative of the political climate in November of 2012. I think approval polls have consistently shown Obama to be doing rather poorly in the West/Sunbelt. If that trend persists(which is fairly likely), then it will be indicative of the next presidential election.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2009, 02:14:21 PM »

Georgia (Rasmussen)Sad

45% Approve
54% Disapprove

This state telephone survey of 1,200 Likely Voters was conducted by Rasmussen Reports August 18, 2009. The margin of sampling error for the survey is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections2/election_2010/election_2010_state_toplines/georgia/toplines_georgia_healthcare_august_18_2009
Yeah for some reason I doubt that Obama has higher approval ratings in Georgia than Florida...
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2009, 05:41:05 PM »

Montana(Research 2000)

Favorable 44%
Unfavorable 52%

http://www.dailykos.com/statepoll/2009/8/19/MT/347

I'd think that his approval would be slightly under his favorables, so around 40% or so. No way in hell he carries MT in 2012 like pbrower has been preaching for the past 6 months.
Not surprising.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2009, 06:38:19 PM »

The thing about 18-29 year olds, and other groups as well, is that their is no opponent to compare Obama too. When there is a Republican nominee, social issues will drive younger voters to cast ballots for the Democrats as they did for Kerry.

I think they would support Gingrich or Gary Johnson.
No. Gingrich wasn't popular among the youth even when he was relativley young himself.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2009, 06:45:56 PM »

Just for the record, favorables among 18-29 year olds from PPP's latest poll:

Huckabee 45/19
Romney 32/34
Gingrich 30/32
Palin 30/53
I'm not surprised Huckabee is doing so well among the youth.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2009, 09:10:41 AM »

Gingrich is surprisingly strong with the youth. No doubt his intellectualism attracted some independents. I suspect that he would win more if he was the party's nominee because of the higher profile.
Having a net disapproval is not surprisingly strong.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2009, 05:15:18 PM »

I don't see how it could be much worse. That is about the amount of people that voted for Obama, it makes sense.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2009, 06:00:12 PM »

Wow that is bad. I'm thinking that this poll is wrong though. This would mean his approvals are in the low 30's in Nebraska, which I highly doubt. Those kind of numbers are reserved for Utah, Wyoming and Idaho.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2009, 01:19:40 PM »

Obama needs to stop his slide quickly.  He has got to get to the Senate and tell Democrats taht they dont have a choice of opposing this. 

How would ramming the healthcare bill through congress help the President's approval ratings when a majority of Americans oppose it?
Well it obviously wouldn't help in the short term but long term it would help tremendously. The Republicans would look like a bunch of ass clowns once it turns out that death panels don't exist and that the government is nationalizing everything. Besides not passing the health care bill would hurt him in the same way short term.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2009, 04:20:23 PM »

The things being posted in this thread remind me of why no matter how far left I move on some issues, I will never be able to become a Democrat. A Corporate and theocratic state will come in 2012 because the election will be rigged? When someone basically comes out and says that the only legitimate elections are those won by Democrats, then I tune them out.
No Democrat actually believes those things besides pbrower.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2009, 03:37:36 PM »

Well this sucks. I wasn't expecting the drop off to be so sudden.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2009, 03:49:53 PM »

Obama better get  back to the economy right away after this health care thing gets resolved one way or another.

His biggest problem is that the obsession with health care reform is making him seem out of touch, since 80% of the people are worried about the economy and the deficit, not health care. I do agree we need reform, and I hope he can get it done (with a public option), but then he has to turn his attention back to the economy and in a big way.
The good news is that the economy seems to be recovering quite well at the moment. It could be spun that way pretty easily by Obama.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2009, 04:04:23 PM »

Obama better get  back to the economy right away after this health care thing gets resolved one way or another.

His biggest problem is that the obsession with health care reform is making him seem out of touch, since 80% of the people are worried about the economy and the deficit, not health care. I do agree we need reform, and I hope he can get it done (with a public option), but then he has to turn his attention back to the economy and in a big way.
The good news is that the economy seems to be recovering quite well at the moment. It could be spun that way pretty easily by Obama.
The economy is in deep sh*t. Whether it recovers or not from here on out is an open question. When you get days like you did today when the financial sector loses 4% completely out of the blue, it just goes to show how unstable things still are.

Just as bad, Obama doesn't seem to have any political instincts on this issue. His economic team are widely seen as cronies. He hasn't clearly explained the bailouts and spending. He hasn't responded to any of the crap out there criticizing his policies at all. He hasn't framed the issue in the right way. He is completely AWOL.
I disagree, the economy seems to be starting to recover. The Manufacturing Indexes have been up, consumer spending has been up etc. Sure it isn't doing great and there are huge structural problems, like the continuing bank failures and the continuation of the foreclosure mess but the fact that the GDP only decreased by 1% in the second quarter of 2009 shows that the recession should be officially over once the third quarter GDP numbers are released.

Oh I agree but I think he still has the ability to do so. Hopefully failures on health care will teach him to show more leadership.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2009, 04:12:09 PM »

The economy is in deep sh*t. Whether it recovers or not from here on out is an open question. When you get days like you did today when the financial sector loses 4% completely out of the blue, it just goes to show how unstable things still are.

Just as bad, Obama doesn't seem to have any political instincts on this issue. His economic team are widely seen as cronies. He hasn't clearly explained the bailouts and spending. He hasn't responded to any of the crap out there criticizing his policies at all. He hasn't framed the issue in the right way. He is completely AWOL.
I disagree, the economy seems to be starting to recover. The Manufacturing Indexes have been up, consumer spending has been up etc. Sure it isn't doing great and there are huge structural problems, like the continuing bank failures and the continuation of the foreclosure mess but the fact that the GDP only decreased by 1% in the second quarter of 2009 shows that the recession should be officially over once the third quarter GDP numbers are released.

Oh I agree but I think he still has the ability to do so. Hopefully failures on health care will teach him to show more leadership.

My concern is that he hasn't shown any 'ability' to do anything for a while now. When has Obama done something original? Taken a stand? Shocked the world? Taken bold, decisive action on a central issue? It seems like he did back in early 2008 but hasn't done so since.
The answer is that he hasn't. It looked like he was about to in early 2009 with the bailouts but no real defense of the bailouts and spending was offered. All he has done is yield ground to the Right, when he should be fighting back hard.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2009, 01:44:05 PM »

The GOP base has gone off the deep end.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2009, 01:53:09 PM »

The Independents believe it, too though.  Perhaps there was some confusion between being liberal and being completely ineffective and hypocritical.
Yeah liberal still has an extremely negative connotation.

Anyways though all of this Republican radicalism(the bad kind of radical Republicans) is creeping me out. It could be a good thing in 2010 for the Democrats because it will probably lead to more terrible nutjob candidates being nominated in competitive districts but it could also be a terrible thing.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2009, 04:27:49 PM »

Hopefully Obamamentum is kicking in.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2009, 02:02:18 AM »

I really hope that people in Minnesota don't have a better opinion of Bachmann than Obama.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2009, 11:31:46 PM »

He's dropping fast!

But I thought he was going to unite the country?

If this keeps up, he may well prove himself to be a bigger divider than George W. Bush ever was.
You know that's kind of different when there was a propaganda machine(the Democrats have one too so don't throw the OMG BIASED LIBERAL CARD at me) geared up against him from the beginning and he didn't have the right kind of angry, populist rhetoric during a terrible recession. Obama would be a great uniter during peacetime but during a long recession, where there is much anger against the "elite" and the establishment he is definitely polarizing.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2009, 09:09:29 PM »

NC has plenty of conservative Democrats, numbers seem a bit too D heavy but not as much as is being said.
Yeah I was about to say this. Registration rates for southern Democrats are still very high, even in places where you wouldn't expect them to be.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2009, 05:37:23 PM »

A 38/61 Approval rating is actually good for Obama in Nebraska at this point.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2009, 05:59:14 PM »

A 38/61 Approval rating is actually good for Obama in Nebraska at this point.

How so? He won 42% there in 2008.
He won by 53% nationwide. This means that Nebraska is R+11. Nebraska is only R+8(in theory) according to this approval rating because Obama is getting 46% nationwide currently according to Rassmussen.

Point is Obama still has a good chance of winning that Nebraska CD in 2012.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2010, 05:47:05 PM »

PPP has him at 45.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies