Was Bush right to kill all those on death Row
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:18:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Was Bush right to kill all those on death Row
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Wisconsin is anti-death penalty. So was bush right to kill all those people depsite dna evidence proving their innocence
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 18

Author Topic: Was Bush right to kill all those on death Row  (Read 3390 times)
nomorelies

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 27, 2004, 07:13:55 AM »

Wisconsin will be interested by your respones
nomorelies

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 10:18:17 AM »

McFarlan if you ask Conservatives they would differ.

- hes called a compassioante conservative.

SERIOUS. and they dont understand why i call them hypocrites for voting bush.

The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 10:52:04 AM »

One of the reasons i moved to wisconsin was because they don't condone institutionalized murder here.
elcorazon

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 10:58:53 AM »

although I am anti-Bush and anti-death penalty, I don't believe it is fair to say Bush "killed all those on Death Row" nor that they had been "proven innocent'.  

I do believe his administration of death row in Texas was callous, but nevertheless this is a horrible excuse for a thread.
nomorelies

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 11:12:21 AM »

its a fair thread.

When talk radio blasts kerry everyday
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 11:44:20 AM »

although I am anti-Bush and anti-death penalty, I don't believe it is fair to say Bush "killed all those on Death Row" nor that they had been "proven innocent'.  

I do believe his administration of death row in Texas was callous, but nevertheless this is a horrible excuse for a thread.
Bush pardoned, like, one? death row inmate during his term, committed more peacetime killings than any other American politician, ever. So I guess "killed all those on Death Row", while not technically accurate, can be considered fair. I don't know of anybody provenly innocent among them. I think there were doubtful cases. Which is terrible enough. More than that.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2004, 11:45:38 AM »

And please fairly note that there's lots of anti-death Reps (George Ryan, Walter Mitty, ...) and even more pro-death Democrats.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2004, 03:05:47 PM »

Another troll thread cluttering the board.

I need the fancy graphic.

TROLL BE GONE
Tory

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2004, 03:14:36 PM »

He didn't presonally kill them. He didn't order the deaths of those people. I think in the U.S. juries decide whether or not someone gets the death penalty? Or does the judge decide?

Either way, I am against the death penalty generally. I do think that in many cases it is deserved however.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2004, 03:16:39 PM »

He didn't presonally kill them. He didn't order the deaths of those people. I think in the U.S. juries decide whether or not someone gets the death penalty? Or does the judge decide?

Either way, I am against the death penalty generally. I do think that in many cases it is deserved however.

Yes, it is the juries themselves who decide.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2004, 03:22:30 PM »

This poll is the hieght of idocy and trollism.  Bush didn't kill anyone.  There is something called a "jury"; "J-U-R-Y".  The jury is in charge of determining the guilt or innocence of the individual and, with the help of the judge, assign appropriate punishment.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2004, 03:34:08 PM »

This poll is the hieght of idocy and trollism.  Bush didn't kill anyone.  There is something called a "jury"; "J-U-R-Y".  The jury is in charge of determining the guilt or innocence of the individual and, with the help of the judge, assign appropriate punishment.
There also is something called a "governor"; G-O-V-E-R-N-O-R. The governor has the right to pardon persons sentenced to death, a fact well known to, and indeed (ab)used by juries across the USA. So don't give me that sh*t.

Sorry for flaming you, btw. Nothing personal.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2004, 04:11:38 PM »

There also is something called a "governor"; G-O-V-E-R-N-O-R. The governor has the right to pardon persons sentenced to death, a fact well known to, and indeed (ab)used by juries across the USA. So don't give me that sh*t.

Perhapes I was too confrontational with my post, but I think that the premise of this thread is, at best, ignorant.  It is true that he did have the power, but not using his power to over-rule a jury in quite different from "killing people".
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2004, 04:23:20 PM »

Is there anything we could use slavery for these days? Because that would be a nice replacement for the death penalty.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2004, 05:24:25 PM »

Is there anything we could use slavery for these days? Because that would be a nice replacement for the death penalty.

I've thought of this before and think its a great idea. Hobos should also be put into slavery for a certain amount of time to teach them how to work again. We can think of them as indentured servants. Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2004, 11:58:46 PM »

Slavery of convicted criminals is legal according to the 13th Amendment. And BTW, no Bush didn't execute enough of the death row criminals IMHO.
nomorelies

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2004, 04:57:46 AM »

Three people on death row had dna evidence proving there innocence.

The lawyers represented these three all wanted a new trial to prove their innocence. To do this you have to get approval of the governor.

Bush denied these men the rights of appeal despite new evidence proving their innocence. Bush is a cold cold man. I tell everyone everyday that Bush killed 3 people despite the fact that dna evidence proved that they were innocence. Bush was a brutal governor who believes more in God than science.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2004, 01:07:10 PM »

Perhapes I was too confrontational with my post, but I think that the premise of this thread is, at best, ignorant.  It is true that he did have the power, but not using his power to over-rule a jury in quite different from "killing people".
Look at it how you will, the governor is the one and only person involved to make a final, irreversible decision to kill someone. And Bush's record on this has been extreme - About as extreme as Jack Ryan's IMbiasedO - which makes this a legitimate campaign issue. Remember, it was an issue in 2000. Given the fact that Iowa and Wisconsin are majority-anti Death penalty states and how tiny margins in these states were, it may well have been decisive there.
And since then, Bush has become the first president in ages - since Truman? Eisenhower? - to use the federal death penalty. See a pattern emerging?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2004, 01:31:08 PM »

Look at it how you will, the governor is the one and only person involved to make a final, irreversible decision to kill someone. And Bush's record on this has been extreme - About as extreme as Jack Ryan's IMbiasedO - which makes this a legitimate campaign issue. Remember, it was an issue in 2000. Given the fact that Iowa and Wisconsin are majority-anti Death penalty states and how tiny margins in these states were, it may well have been decisive there.
And since then, Bush has become the first president in ages - since Truman? Eisenhower? - to use the federal death penalty. See a pattern emerging?

Yes I do see a pattern and I would like it to increase.
weallbleed
Rookie

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2004, 10:11:51 PM »

The fact that Bush refused to commute Karla Fay Tucker and then mocked her later in an interview is one of the first things that developed my low opinion of him.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2004, 05:06:39 AM »

Could you sign up? Sorry, feeling trolls need trollish responses.
nomorelies

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2004, 05:55:47 AM »

Staterights wants more. Explains why hes voting for Bush then
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2004, 07:08:53 AM »

Yes I do see a pattern and I would like it to increase.
I know you do...but does a majority of the people want the country to involve in that direction? No, not as I see it... How many people are going to vote on that preposition? Yeah, okay, not that many...
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2004, 07:39:19 AM »

Involuntary servitude (slavery) IS constitutional for a convicted criminal. So Phillip does have a point.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2004, 07:47:07 AM »

Involuntary servitude (slavery) IS constitutional for a convicted criminal. So Phillip does have a point.
Being used, too.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies