How would each state vote with French parties, version 2?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:50:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  How would each state vote with French parties, version 2?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would each state vote with French parties, version 2?  (Read 710 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 15, 2009, 08:06:17 PM »
« edited: January 15, 2009, 08:18:56 PM by Hep Naoned, Breizh Ebet »

The original thread was one of my first posts here (and my map was lol-worthy), and was before the 2007 presidential election. So, I decided to make a second thread. Since the last thread, which was done on 2002 data, roughly, a lot of things have changed (we can now do sane runoff maps instead of just first round maps!)

I'll post a map when I get around to having real time to do this well.

Here are some of the maps from the first thread:

Taking a stab at it:

Using the 2002 Presidential election:
Blue: Chirac, Red: Jospin, Dark Green: Le Pen, Light Green: Bayrou, Light Blue: Madelin, Dark Red: Chevenement.

I could picture something somewhat like this happening:

Blue is Chirac, Red is Jospin, Green is Le Pen. In the second round, Chirac takes every state.

Numerous of these states are debateworthy - with no candidate polling over 20%, there are bound to be some results essentially due to chance, just as there are on the rl French map of that election.
I'm not giving an inch on the fact that the sun belt is prime Le Pen territory. Jospin might be slightly more localized, either winning less than I've given him in the Northeast and more along the Mississippi or the other way round.

Here's a challenge. Do the 1965 elections with De Gaulle/Mitterand/etc.

In the second round at least, Mitterand would have won most of the South and not a lot else.
His political base would likely be in West Virginia, btw (in real life it was, o/c, the Nièvre department).

What about 1969 (second Round)? I'm thinking Poher does best in New England and the Upper Pacific. Pompideu sweeps everywhere else. Something Like this maybe:

1974:

1981:

1988:

1995:

2002 (and Unlike the other maps I'll do the percentages aswell):

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies