I'm running for Governor ... again.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:28:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  I'm running for Governor ... again.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm running for Governor ... again.  (Read 1591 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 03, 2009, 10:57:41 PM »

Mideasterners, as we approach the election for Governor, I once again ask, how many failed Governors must we go through before you put me back in office.  With the exception of Afleitch (who's only served a partial term), every Governor since I left the position has been a failure.  If elected, I will quickly introduce Amendments to fix the Constitution.  I will draft an Emergency Proposition amendment, so that propositions can be held immediately for things like the Constitutional Convention and approval votes for the Lt. Governor.  I will open and close election booths swiftly and on time, like I did while Governor, instead of having late booths like all of the Governors since my term (again, with the exception of Afleitch).

I have been a citizen of this region for years now.  I know this region.  I have protected and stood up for this region.  I now ask you to stand up and support me for Governor.

Thank you, and Dave bless the Mideast and Atlasia.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 10:59:58 PM »

OK, what are your political views?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 11:05:16 PM »

I'm a member of the RPP.  I value regions' rights.  I classify myself as a libertarian-leaning conservative.  But right now, I don't even plan on manifesting my political views the first couple months of my term if elected.  First, we need to clean up this region.  We've been subject to inactivity and corruption.  We need to fix our Constitution.  And we need to make this region more appealing so that we'll have people moving here instead of moving from here.  I'd love to answer any questions about specific policies, if you have any.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 11:08:46 PM »

I'm a member of the RPP.  I value regions' rights.  I classify myself as a libertarian-leaning conservative.  But right now, I don't even plan on manifesting my political views the first couple months of my term if elected.  First, we need to clean up this region.  We've been subject to inactivity and corruption.  We need to fix our Constitution.  And we need to make this region more appealing so that we'll have people moving here instead of moving from here.  I'd love to answer any questions about specific policies, if you have any.

I mean, what are your stances on the issues.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 11:10:14 PM »

If the current Governor does not run for re-election, you will have my full support.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 11:15:37 PM »

What issues?

I'm very fiscally conservative - low spending, low taxes.
Pro-life
Leaning against the Constitutional convention, but I could wind up supporting the 3rd Constitution
Support marijuana legalization (which it is)
Law and order conservative

What all do you want to know?
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 11:18:13 PM »

What issues?

Pro-life
Leaning against the Constitutional convention, but I could wind up supporting the 3rd Constitution

In that case, you probably have my vote!
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 11:23:59 PM »

You have my support.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 11:26:56 PM »

SHHHHH!

Just kidding - thanks.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 01:45:20 AM »

Looks like you could definitely win this time. You have my support, ftr. Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 02:13:10 AM »

Good luck. The Mideast needs a strong Governor to put it back on the right track.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 02:19:21 AM »

What issues?

Pro-life

You support marijuana legalization and have a PM score of nearly +6?? How is that possible?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 03:30:24 AM »

What issues?

Pro-life

You support marijuana legalization and have a PM score of nearly +6?? How is that possible?

I use the "This issue is important to me" a lot.  I'm very opinionated!
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2009, 09:00:47 AM »

What issues?

Pro-life

None of those are issues facing the Mideast currently.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2009, 10:12:11 AM »

Shockingly, you have my support Smiley
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 10:48:56 AM »

Unfortunately I won't be eligible to vote for you, however I wish to offer you my public endorsement.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 11:11:15 AM »

What issues?

Pro-life

Other than inactivity, corruption, and the convention (which I all mentioned), what issues would you say the Mideast IS facing?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 11:28:25 AM »

What issues?

Pro-life

Other than inactivity, corruption, and the convention (which I all mentioned), what issues would you say the Mideast IS facing?

I meant of these,

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Only one  of them concern the Mideast. And I'd be happy to hear specifics on what you'd do to do away with corruption, inactivity, and so forth.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 11:52:31 AM »

What issues?

Pro-life

I meant of these,

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Only one  of them concern the Mideast. And I'd be happy to hear specifics on what you'd do to do away with corruption, inactivity, and so forth.

Well, the corruption's gone, unless Afleitch has a 2nd account, but I think chances of that are pretty slim.

As for inactivity - the first thing we have to do is clean up our Constitution so that we can have propositions more than once a month.  Afleitch's hands have been tied with getting us a new Lt. Governor because of some minor flaws in the Constitution.  The same thing goes for the vote on the Constitutional Convention.  I'll open voting booths on time, whereas previous some Governors have opened them late, while others only opened them after I reminded them (via PM or public post in their office thread) that it was "that time of the month."

And, depending on how all of this goes, I may also introduce some legislation.

Oh, I forgot the most important thing - update the wiki for our region (which I'll be doing regardless of whether I win or lose).
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2009, 01:19:31 PM »

I do not appreciate you calling me a failure Inks.  It is true that I opened a single voting booth late, however other at that time I was still getting the hang of things. 
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2009, 01:30:44 PM »

I do not appreciate you calling me a failure Inks.  It is true that I opened a single voting booth late, however other at that time I was still getting the hang of things. 

Like I've said in past threads - you were the best governor we had since I left office.  And I don't mean to come across as someone going, "YOU'RE A FAILURE!!!!" but the fact is, not a single Governor (with the exception of Afleitch) has abided by the Constitution since I left office.

Also - you opened a booth early once, you said that people could edit votes during the first 20 minutes when they couldn't edit their votes at all (January 2008).
You opened the booth early and then missed opening it on time (December 2007).

Still, you were one of the most active Governors we had, so I respect you for all that you did.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2009, 04:00:28 PM »

Like I've said in past threads - you were the best governor we had since I left office.  And I don't mean to come across as someone going, "YOU'RE A FAILURE!!!!" but the fact is, not a single Governor (with the exception of Afleitch) has abided by the Constitution since I left office.

Also - you opened a booth early once, you said that people could edit votes during the first 20 minutes when they couldn't edit their votes at all (January 2008).

Still, you were one of the most active Governors we had, so I respect you for all that you did.

Well the reason I opened the one booth early was because I asked you when I was supposed to open it and you told me the day when I did in fact open it then we discovered that was early.  I just don't like the inference you made in your first post of this thread that every governor after you was a failure.  True, I made mistakes but I was a new member of Atlasia and I think that I honestly did a fairly good job.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2009, 04:03:25 PM »

Well the reason I opened the one booth early was because I asked you when I was supposed to open it and you told me the day when I did in fact open it then we discovered that was early.  I just don't like the inference you made in your first post of this thread that every governor after you was a failure.  True, I made mistakes but I was a new member of Atlasia and I think that I honestly did a fairly good job.

I don't ever remember telling you to open the booth early, but if I did, I'm sorry.  Like I said, you did do a fairly good job, but right now, this region needs somebody who will be better than fairly good, and I proved that I could do this back when I was Governor.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2009, 06:28:34 PM »

If Inks isn't elected Mideast may be given joke region status
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: