Third Party/Other percentage trend from 2004 to 2008
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:40:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Third Party/Other percentage trend from 2004 to 2008
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Third Party/Other percentage trend from 2004 to 2008  (Read 2673 times)
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 26, 2008, 03:04:14 AM »
« edited: December 26, 2008, 03:06:17 AM by Aizen »

In 2008 the third party percentage was 1.5%
In 2004 it was 1.0%

Kinda cool how even it was.

This map is for trend otherwise almost every state would have more of a third party vote in 2008.

Red is the states that voted more for a third party/other in 2008 more-so than they did in 2004 by trend
Dark red is a significant increase in third party/other vote from 2004 to 2008 (Like 1% more or close to it)

Green is no real change

Blue is trending against voting for a third party
Dark Blue is where the third party was actually more in 2004 than in 2008. These states were DC, Vermont, New York, Connecticut and Rhode Island.

Oklahoma is grey because it is too lame to have other parties on the ballot. Although even if it did I would probably still leave it grey because that state sucks

Not really too surprising I guess. I don't even know why I made this. I guess I was bored. I was surprised at Ohio though. In 2004, only having .48% for third party/other is understandable since it was THE state. But why a huge leap to 1.79% in 2008? Not feel important enough?
Husker
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.10, S: -5.70

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 09:58:59 AM »

Aww come on, Oklahoma isn't that bad. They really are good folks down there, just more conservative than most of the U.S. 
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 11:35:02 AM »

Aww come on, Oklahoma isn't that bad. They really are good folks down there, just more conservative than most of the U.S. 

Intolerant too.  This is after all the state where a teenage girl was kicked off her high-school basketball team because she wouldn't pray with the other girls.
Husker
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 11:58:08 AM »

Intolerant too.  This is after all the state where a teenage girl was kicked off her high-school basketball team because she wouldn't pray with the other girls.
[/quote]

Intolerance is a two-way street. I know someone here who got a ticket from a campus police officer simply because they had a religious symbol hanging from their rear view mirror. However, I know where you are coming from. I lived down there for a while and voters in a city around OKC turned down a school bond issue after they took a few religious songs out of a Christmas pageant.
Jacobtm

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 12:09:18 PM »

I know someone here who got a ticket from a campus police officer simply because they had a religious symbol hanging from their rear view mirror.

What the hell was the citation, exercising first amendment right?
Husker
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 12:21:30 PM »

I know someone here who got a ticket from a campus police officer simply because they had a religious symbol hanging from their rear view mirror.

What the hell was the citation, exercising first amendment right?

No, there is a rule that says that nothing can block the parking hang tag. It wasn't a large fine and I imagine it probably got thrown out anyway, since people do it all the time with other things.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 04:56:05 PM »

Please not another Oklahoma thread.
aaaa2222
yoman82

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 07:09:56 PM »

In Grant county, ND, Barr outperformed Obama, gaining 21% of the vote. Baldwin got 11% in that county, too. I want to move there.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 07:15:40 PM »

In Grant county, ND, Barr outperformed Obama, gaining 21% of the vote. Baldwin got 11% in that county, too. I want to move there.

It's an error in the results for precinct 2.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies