NEW Atlas Forum Headquarters- everything you need to know about fantasy politics
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 07:46:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NEW Atlas Forum Headquarters- everything you need to know about fantasy politics
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: NEW Atlas Forum Headquarters- everything you need to know about fantasy politics  (Read 11452 times)
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 23, 2004, 07:12:24 PM »
« edited: December 12, 2004, 10:42:00 AM by Fritz »

Here on the fantasy elections board, we the citizens of the forum have created a government established in the Constitution of the United Atlas Forum.  There have been several amendments to the Constitution.  Our government consists of an executive branch, a legislative branch, and a judicial branch just like the U.S. Government.

The executive branch is made up of the President, the Vice President, and the various cabinet members.  For more information on the makeup and duties of the executive branch of the government, click here.

The legislative branch is made up of one body, the senate.  The senate consists of ten members, each elected from one of five districts encompassing all the states in the United States.  Each district elects two senators.  To see a map of the districts, click here.  For more information on the duties of the senate, click here.   For a list of bills that have been signed into law, click here

The judicial branch consists solely of the Forum Supreme Court.  The court is made up of three members who convene to decide the constitutionality of forum legislation and to settle electoral disputes.  For more information on the duties of the Supreme Court, click here.

In addition to the federal government, the fantasy government consists of five governors and their deputies.  The governors are elected from regions, which are static regardless of voter registration.  Each region has its own consitution.  For links to each region's constitutions, click here.  For a map of the regions, click here.

Here is a list of Atlas Forum Office Holders.

For a list of registered voters, please visit the Office of the Secretary of Forum Affairs

For the Office of the Attorney General, click here.

Fantasy politics are dominated by four major parties: the AFRNC (or Atlas Forum Republican Party), the AFDNC (or Atlas Forum Democratic Party), the UAC (or United Atlas Centrist Party), and the UL (or United Left Party).  In addition, there are a number of smaller parties that play a role in forum politics, including the Libertarian Party, the Constitutional Union Party, and the Farmer Labor Party.  Use the links below to reach each of the parties' websites and forums.

Republican Party Website
Republican Party Forums

Democratic Party Forums

United Atlas Centrist Party Forums

Constitutional Union Party Website

Farmer Labor Party Website

Besides political parties, there are a number of other political organizations active in forum politics, including:

Atlas Forum Civil Liberties Union

Progressive Caucus

To keep up with the latest news, there are several news publications available:

The Midgard Chronicle

The National Atlasian

Mid-Atlantic News

The Region- Southeastern News

To vote in fantasy elections, one must register 10 days in advance of the election in which one wishes to vote.  18 posts are required for registration to be considered valid.  To register to vote, click here and post your name, the party you wish to be identified with, and your home state.  If you have a foriegn avatar, or an avatar from a state other than your state of registration, you must put a message in your signature indicating your state of registration.

Please do not post in this thread except to point out omissions or mistakes in my original post.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 01:50:05 AM »

Once agaon, I ask the organizations like ACLU and EXnaderites environmental organization be included,
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 03:44:23 AM »

The one about bills and acts was created by Beet...since he left the forum it will take some time to find it I suspect.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 10:41:49 AM »

Once agaon, I ask the organizations like ACLU and EXnaderites environmental organization be included,

Links?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 09:40:44 PM »

Fritz, I think you should include the AFLP's HQ in the thread.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=7901
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2004, 12:22:54 AM »
« Edited: September 25, 2004, 12:54:49 AM by Fritz »

King- I will be happy to add a link for the Libertarians, but I think the request should come from within the party, and preferably from the chairman.  Also I think they have an off-site forum, that might be a more appopriate link then their on-site thread.

Ernest- I found your Statutes thread on the Government board, and added a link to it in the post here.  Thanks for doing that!  
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2004, 08:19:44 AM »

Links?

ACLU- http://atlasforumaclu.proboards24.com/index.cgi
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2004, 04:07:44 PM »

Anyone have the link for Exnaderite's organization?
badnarikin04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2004, 07:39:14 PM »

Thank you for recognizing us, King. However, it would be better for us if you would link to the AFLP forum. Although a bit deserted, that would help in getting the party members into the board.

http://p206.ezboard.com/batlasforumlibertarianparty
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2004, 08:28:04 PM »

Libertarian party site, and Civil Liberties Union, have been added.

Regarding Exnaderite's site, I would like to see a little more activity there before adding a link here.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2004, 01:46:42 AM »

Woo-hoo!  I found it!  Grin

I bumped it up for you.

Should it be linked in here, or were you going to do something else with it?

What would be really cool would be Demrepdan editing the actual constitution to include amendments.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2004, 07:50:04 AM »

I disagree, I think we should leave the original constitution as a historical document.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2004, 09:29:40 AM »

Done.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2004, 12:33:35 PM »

Mr. Fritz,

Please add a link to the Union Party to your party web site list:

http://union.idpt.com
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2004, 12:42:47 PM »

Htmldon,

While you have built an impressive site, I feel that including links to single-member parties in the Headquarters reflects poorly on Headquarters as a whole.  If you can get some additional members, I will be happy to add your party.

Should the Independence Party be removed?  (I did move it to the bottom of the list.)
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2004, 12:47:28 PM »

Htmldon,

While you have built an impressive site, I feel that including links to single-member parties in the Headquarters reflects poorly on Headquarters as a whole.  If you can get some additional members, I will be happy to add your party.

Should the Independence Party be removed?  (I did move it to the bottom of the list.)

I agree on both counts.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2004, 12:59:13 PM »

The IP does have 3 members that haven't changed out of it yet.  Thats always the problem when parties die, there's always a few stragglers.  Anyway I took it out.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2004, 01:02:39 PM »

Fritz,

While I understand your position, I fail to see how smaller parties such as mine can gain new members without exposure in the AFHQ.

Oh, and on another note, you may want to remove the UAC web site listing from this list as it is no longer in operation.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2004, 01:13:32 PM »

Thanks for the info on the UAC link.

There are other ways to advertise your party.  I would reccomend a link in your signature.  I think a 3-person minimum for listing in Headquarters is reasonable.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2004, 09:51:44 AM »

The IP does have 3 members that haven't changed out of it yet.  Thats always the problem when parties die, there's always a few stragglers.  Anyway I took it out.
Three? It had four, and two of them have left, isn't that so? Well, that'd be two (Vincent and Dan).
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2004, 06:09:37 PM »

The IP does have 3 members that haven't changed out of it yet.  Thats always the problem when parties die, there's always a few stragglers.  Anyway I took it out.
Three? It had four, and two of them have left, isn't that so? Well, that'd be two (Vincent and Dan).

Didn't Dan become an indy?
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2004, 06:18:56 PM »

Dan, Vincent, and Q are still registered as AFIP.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2004, 06:09:07 AM »

Dan, Vincent, and Q are still registered as AFIP.
Oh, right, forgot about Q coming to the party right after everybody left. My bad.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2004, 11:54:27 PM »

Fritz,

As we now have 3 registered members, I request that the Union web site be displayed here - http://union.idpt.com

Thanks!
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2004, 07:51:57 AM »

Fritz,

As we now have 3 registered members, I request that the Union web site be displayed here - http://union.idpt.com

Thanks!

Done.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies