"Vendetta-elect" - Political Story (COMMENTS WELCOME)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:33:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  "Vendetta-elect" - Political Story (COMMENTS WELCOME)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: "Vendetta-elect" - Political Story (COMMENTS WELCOME)  (Read 7404 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 03, 2008, 12:09:21 PM »
« edited: December 03, 2008, 12:11:07 PM by Reaganfan »

Well, I decided to continue writing these stories that I've had in my head for a while. This one is a prequel to "Cordell for President" and something I've had the plot idea for since 2003. Hope y'all enjoy it and be sure to give thoughts, comments and opinions.

OPEN PATRIOTIC MUSIC, ELECTION NIGHT OPEN FROM CABLE NEWS NETWORK.

Reporter: It has been one of the most bitterly contested races for the Presidency of the United States but tonight, the voters get to decide. Polls continue to show an unsteady race between the Democratic Nominee, Senator Chris Moon of Pennsylvania and the Republican Nominee, Governor Jack Iverson of Minnesota. Through this campaign, we have seen shock, scandal, and many different allegations. We have seen two starkly different Vice Presidential Nominees. The hot-heated young liberal Congressman and House Minority Whip Paul Sanderson of Colorado for the Democrats, and current Secretary of State Hank Quinn of Utah, a popular and older conservative voice. Tonight, after a brutal campaign for both men, America will have chosen one of them to become the 48th President of the United States.

OPEN SCENE - MOON HEADQUARTERS - PHILADELPHIA, PA. SENATOR CHRIS MOON, 53 YEARS OLD, DARK BUT GRAYING HAIR, LARGE GLASSES, SITS WITH HIS CHILDREN, 23 YEAR DAUGHTER KENDRA, BLONDE AND 21 YEAR OLD SON TOM, SHORT DARK HAIR. THEY SIT IN A LIVING ROOM AT AT HOTEL ABOVE THE RALLY SITE WATCHING ELECTION RETURNS.

Moon: You know, Kendra... tomorrow will be a big day for you.
Kendra: Why is that, daddy?
Moon: By tomorrow, you're gonna be the most eligible bachelorette in the United States!
Kendra: (laughs) Oh daddy.
Tom: What about me, pop?
Moon: You...you're gonna be the horniest bachelor in all of the United States, my boy! (laughs)
Tom: ALL RIGHT! (laughs and high-fives dad)
Kendra: Shut up you guys! The polls are closing!
Tom: THEY WILL BE! (laughs)

ELECTION ALERT: WE CAN NOW PROJECT THAT GOVERNOR JACK IVERSON WILL WIN THE STATES OF INDIANA AND KENTUCKY, AND THAT SENATOR CHRIS MOON WILL CARRY THE STATE OF VERMONT. NO HUGE SHOCKS ON THE ELECTORAL BOARD YET.

Kendra: Aw man, Dad...I thought you were gonna win Indiana!
Moon: Come on, Kendra...Indiana hasn't voted for a Democrat in 20 years!
Tom: Are you nervous?
Moon: Why would I be nervous? I've been the defacto next President for the past six years! (chuckles)
Tom: Yeah, but it was a nasty campaign, dad.
Moon: Yeah, but I'm pretty far ahead nationally.
Tom: But Iverson has been gaining...
Moon: GOD YOU'RE LIKE A WOMAN, TOM.
Tom: (laughs)
Moon: I'll be right back you guys, excuse me.

MOON WALKS INTO HOTEL ROOM BATHROOM, AND SHUTS THE DOOR. HE TAKES OUT HIS WALLET, AND LOOKS AT A PICTURE OF A WOMAN INSIDE OF IT. HE FOCUSES ON THE PICTURE FOR A MINUTE.

Moon: (to himself) I wish you were here.

END SCENE

SCENE OPENS IN HIGH RISE HOTEL ROOM IN ST. PAUL, MINNESOTA ABOVE WHERE VICTORY RALLY IS PLANNED. GOVERNOR JACK IVERSON, 47 YEARS OLD, DARK BROWN HAIR, SITS WITH WIFE JEANNE AND 13-YEAR OLD DAUGHTER RACHEL. HIS CAMPAIGN CHAIRMAN BILL THOMAS STANDS NEXT TO HIM WATCHING RETURNS.

Current National Popular Vote - 2% reporting

Moon: 1,002,265
Iverson: 1,001,047

Thomas: Well, Governor...remain confident. Atleast the polls narrowed in the last 72 hours.
Iverson: Yeah, that gives me some cause for optimism. Let's listen to some pundits.

IVERSON TURNS UP FLATSCREEN TV ON WALL.

Pundit #1: Looking at the exit polling and the polling in the last 72 hrs, Governor Iverson has closed a little bit but the latest nationals still have him down by six to nine points give or take.
Host: Is it possible for him to win?
Pundit #2: At this point, I don't see how he can. Moon has Pennsylvania locked up, he's ahead in Ohio, he's tied in Florida, and leading in Colorado and New Mexico. At this point...I have to guess that the Iverson campaign is more realistic than confident and they know it's over.

THOMAS MUTES TELEVISION

Iverson: Why did you mute it, Bill?
Thomas: Governor, now is not the time to be put down by political pundits on a cable news network...now is the time to relax with your family and know that no matter what happens tonight, you turned an all-but unwinnable election into a fiesty campaign, and that's all that matters, Jack.
Iverson: I suppose you're right. I just get these feelings sometimes...
Thomas: Pour a drink, Governor.
Iverson: I haven't had a drink in 20 years.
Thomas: Ah, yes...I forgot. Well, have a Coke.
Iverson: (chuckles) Thanks, Bill.

IVERSON WALKS OVER TO DAUGHTER RACHEL.

Iverson: So...you're gonna be turning 14 next month.
Rachel: Yep! I can't wait!
Iverson: You gonna want a party?
Rachel: Yes! Tons of people...cake...a huge cake!!
Iverson: What do you want on it, Rachel?
Rachel: The Presidential Seal.

IVERSON SMILES AND HUGS DAUGHTER. HE GLANCES AT ELECTORAL MAP.

MOON: 99
IVERSON: 75

END SCENE
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 04:02:38 PM »

That was short.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 05:21:30 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Moon (D) has the election in the bag already.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 05:41:20 PM »

NEWSREPORT OPENS - ELECTION NIGHT - 9PM ANNOUNCEMENT

Reporter: WE ARE NOW ABOUT TO PROJECT THAT WEST VIRGINIA, VIRGINIA, NORTH CAROLINA AND ARKANSAS WILL ALL GO FOR JACK IVERSON AS WELL AS HIS HOMESTATE OF MINNESOTA. CHRIS MOON WILL BE WINNING COLORADO, NEW MEXICO, AND NEW YORK. AT THIS TIME, WE HAVE A LEAD FOR IVERSON IN THE ELECTORAL VOTE COUNT...BUT THERE ARE STILL MANY, MANY MORE STATES TO BE CALLED. MOON WATCHES NEWSREPORT, TURNS TO CAMPAIGN CHAIRMAN GEORGE MALVOX, 50's, DARK/GRAY HAIR.

Moon: It's 187-148 Iverson, George.
Malvox: I wouldn't worry, sir. Ohio and Florida haven't been called, and neither has California. Once they're called, it's sealed for us.
Moon: Minnesota was called for Iverson...how are Wisconsin and Michigan looking?
Malvox: I'm guessing you'll win both of them. By the time 11pm rolls around...you should be close to that magic number.
Moon: New Hampshire hasn't been called yet, George.
Malvox: Hmm...it should be soon. Ah...I see what it is....not enough precincts yet. Don't sweat it, Senator.
Moon: It's difficult. I try not to be over-confident.

END SCENE

NEWSREPORT OPEN - 11PM EST - ELECTION ALERT

Reporter: As of the 11 o'clock hour, we still do not have a new President. We have projected the states of Iowa, and New Mexico for Senator Moon, and we have called Missouri and Minnesota for Governor Iverson. At this time, two western states: Colorado and Nevada, are too close to call. In the midwest, Wisconsin and Ohio, both heavily contested, are too close to call. New Hampshire...still too close. Also, the state of Florida, with 88% of precincts reporting, a narrow lead for Moon but we are not yet ready to make a projection.

IVERSON WATCHES THE RESULTS. HE TURNS TO BILL THOMAS.

Iverson: Hey Bill...what's it looking like in Ohio?
Thomas: Moon has an extremely narrow lead...about 2,000 votes. Same in Florida.
Iverson: If only we could pull those two, we win.
Thomas: Well, at 1am they will call Alaska for us, and Hawaii for Moon...Moon just need to combine Ohio and Wisconsin or Florida and Wisconsin to get over the top. It would be fantastic if we could score a Western state, Colorado or Nevada.
Iverson: They already called New Mexico for Moon. Same for Iowa and Michigan. I really tried hard for Michigan.
Thomas: Just remain confident, sir.

SCENE SWITCHES BACK TO NEWSREPORT

Reporter: We're now able to project two states...the state of New Hampshire will go to Senator Moon...and he's a biggie...the state of Florida will go to Governor Iverson. With 96% reporting, we can project that when all is said and done, Iverson will win Florida.

Iverson: A little hope, huh Bill? (chuckles)
Thomas: (laughs) Always a chance, Governor.

END SCENE

SCENE OPENS AT 12:55AM, AT THE HOTEL WHERE SENATOR MOON IS SITTING WATCHING THE NEWS. A NEW PROJECTION COMES ACROSS THE SCREEN. "MOON WINS COLORADO". HE TURNS UP THE VOLUME.

REPORT: ...again, the state of Colorado is now going to be called for Senator Chris Moon, and we're also able to project yet another Western state for Senator Moon, Nevada will go to the Moon/Sanderson ticket. Of course, Congressman Sanderson is from Colorado, so he probably made some impact on voters in the West.

CAMPAIGN CHAIRMAN GEORGE MALVOX SITS NEXT TO SENATOR MOON.

Malvox: Sanderson really helped us in the west, Senator.
Moon: Hell yes...I knew he would.
Malvox: 254 Moon, 247 Iverson. Could it get any closer?
Moon: Nope. It can't, George.

MOON LAUGHS NERVOUSLY. HE PULLS A FOLDED UP PAPER OUT OF HIS SHIRT POCKET. IT'S A VICTORY SPEECH. HE PULLS ANOTHER FOLDED PIECE OF PAPER OUT OF HIS PANTS POCKET. IT'S A CONCESSION SPEECH.

Moon: I wonder which one I'll need. (laughs)

ELECTION ALERT: IT'S 1AM ON THE EAST COAST AND WE CAN NOW PROJECT THE STATE OF ALASKA FOR GOVERNOR IVERSON AND THE STATE OF HAWAII FOR SENATOR MOON.

Moon: Let's listen to some pundits.

MOON TURNS UP TELEVISION

Pundit #1: Right now, Moon and Iverson must be sweatin' bullets. Iverson won big in his homestate of Minnesota, Moon in his homestate of Pennsylvania. Moon has carried most of the west pretty well...Sanderson's homestate of Colorado, California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada and New Mexico. Iverson though has cancelled that out by winning much of the South...Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee, the President's homestate of Louisiana, Florida and Georgia. Pretty much, this thing is dead even.
Pundit #2: I can't agree more.

MOON GLANCES AT THE ELECTORAL VOTE COUNT.

Moon: 258
Iverson: 250

END SCENE
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 10:37:12 PM »

Mike, what numbers are you using for EVs?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 11:53:26 AM »

I'm using the current EVs just to avoid confusion.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 12:12:15 PM »
« Edited: December 04, 2008, 12:51:52 PM by Reaganfan »

SCENE OPENS AT 3:05AM, GOVERNOR IVERSON'S HOTEL ROOM. JACK IVERSON WALKS INTO BEDROOM WHERE HIS WIFE JEANNE IS STANDING.

Iverson: Rachel's out like a light.
Jeanne: What's the score?
Iverson: I am at 250.
Jeanne: What about him?
Iverson: Moon is at 258.

GOVERNOR IVERSON HEARS THE TELEVISION.

REPORT: WE NOW PROJECT THAT WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE, THE STATE OF WISCONSIN WILL GO TO SENATOR MOON.

Iverson: Make that 268.

JEANNE LOOKS DOWN IN SADNESS, WALKS OVER TO GOVERNOR IVERSON.

Jeanne: Baby...I'm sorry.
Iverson: Oh baby...that's alright. I'm surprised we did as well as we did.

THEY WALK INTO LIVING ROOM, NO STAFFERS IN SIGHT, DAUGHTER RACHEL ASLEEP ON THE COUCH. IVERSON LOOKS AT THE TELEVISION.

Reporter: The state of Ohio has been close all along, and right now with 97% of precincts reporting...Iverson has a 280,000 vote lead...if he were to win Ohio...let me check...yes if he were to win Ohio...he would have the correct amount of electoral votes to win the Presidency. Suddenly...the pressure...for once this entire campaign...is on Senator Moon.

Jeanne: JACK, THIS IS AMAZING!
Iverson: Don't get your hopes up...but it is good news. Then again...I don't want recount s*it.

CAMPAIGN CHAIRMAN BILL THOMAS WALKS IN THE ROOM.

Thomas: Sir...are you watching this!?
Iverson: Is this a dream?
Thomas: A dream come true...Governor...you're now up 350,000 in Ohio with 98% of precincts in.

THOMAS LOOKS AT CELL PHONE.

Iverson: Let me switch it to NBC...
Thomas: So he is at 268?
Jeanne: DAMN this is close!
Thomas: Mrs. Iverson, that's better than Moon being distantly ahead (laughs)

GOVERNOR IVERSON NERVOUS LAUGHS, BITES FINGER NAILS AND FLIPS TO NBC.

NBC ANNOUNCEMENT: It is that time...with 99% of precincts reporting...hard work on the Iverson/Quinn campaign has proved cruical in the Buckeye State. We now project that Governor Jack Iverson has won the state of Ohio, and thus with that, Governor Jackson Paul Iverson of Minnesota is now the President-elect of the United States.

IVERSON STANDS IN HOTEL ROOM, WIFE JEANNE, AND BILL THOMAS STAND IN ROOM STUNNED. AFTER A PERIOD OF SILENCE, JEANNE IVERSON SCREAMS.

Jeanne: OH MY GOD, JACK! YOU WON! YOU WON!

RACHEL IVERSON WAKES UP ON COUCH.

Rachel: Whata---what's---what happened?
Jeanne: (EXCITED) YOUR FATHER WON! HE'S THE WINNER!
Rachel: Nah-ah! OH MY GOD, DADDY!

JACK IVERSON LAUGHS AND SMILES, HUGS HIS WIFE AND DAUGHTER. HE TURNS TO BILL THOMAS AND SHAKES HIS HAND.

Iverson: Bill...I couldn't have done this without you.
Thomas: It's been a honor to work with you, Mr. President-elect.

NBC ANNOUNCEMENT: I guess there is something to be said...or that must be said...with all electoral votes in from across the country...with every state now projected...Jack Iverson is the next President of the United States. Again, Minnesota's favorite son Jack Iverson is the new President-elect. It was a call made at 3:10 am Eastern Time, that surely has jolted all time zones within the United States and the World. The new President of the United States, Jack Iverson.

SCENE SHIFTS TO MOON HOTEL ROOM. SENATOR MOON SITS ON COUCH, ABSOLUTELY STILL-FACED. CAMPAIGN CHAIRMAN GEORGE MALVOX COVERS MOUTH WITH A STUNNED LOOK ON HIS FACE.

DAUGHTER KENDRA CRIES WHILE SON TOM PUTS HIS HAND ON HIS FATHER'S SHOULDER.

Moon: Well...that was...interesting...
Kendra: (crying) Oh daddy...

KENDRA HUGS HER FATHER.

Moon: Now now, baby. It's alright. It's just a political race...it's alright.
Kendra: BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND...IT SAYS YOU'RE WINNING!
Moon: That's the popular vote, sweetheart.
Kendra: I DON'T UNDERSTAND! (cries and hugs father)

MOON LOOKS AT GEORGE MALVOX.

Malvox: He's got a 500,000 lead, Senator. Courts and recounts won't cut it.
Moon: I see what you're saying, George. Thank you, for everything.

MOON GLANCES AT TELEVISION AND SEES PICTURE OF JACK IVERSON SMILING WITH THE PRESIDENTIAL SEAL BEHIND HIM. CABLE NEWS NETWORK BANNER READS: IVERSON WINS PRESIDENCY.

MOON LOOKS DOWN AND PICKS UP PHONE. HE PULLS A CARD OUT OF HIS POCKET WITH IVERSON'S HOTEL PHONE NUMBER ON IT. HE DIALS. HE GLANCES AT ELECTORAL MAP.

IVERSON: 270*
MOON: 268

SCENE SHIFTS TO IVERSON RALLY OUTSIDE HOTEL IN ST. PAUL, MINNESOTA. FIREWORKS ARE GOING OFF AND PEOPLE ARE WILDLY CHEERING. INSIDE THE HOTEL ROOM, IVERSON, TEARS IN HIS EYES, HUGS HIS WIFE AND DAUGHTER. THE PHONE RINGS. IVERSON ANSWERS CHEERFULLY.

Iverson: (on phone) Hello?
Moon: (on phone) Hey there, Governor...it's Chris Moon.
Iverson: Senator Moon, pleasure to speak with you, sir.
Moon: Yeah Governor, it looks like you've sealed the deal.
Iverson: You ran a tough campaign, sir. You really did.
Moon: (cringes) Well, I guess that's a concession phone call...now all I have to do is the speech.
Iverson: We should meet next week, Senator. To show unity after a bitter election, you know?
Moon: Sure, yeah, sure. Look, Jack, I've gotta go give this speech. It's almost 4 o'clock in the morning...so let me get this overwith.
Iverson: Understood, thank you Senator.
Moon: Take care. (HANGS UP THE PHONE)

END SCENE
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 12:20:53 PM »

I like the story. Any possibility of a map?
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 12:50:45 PM »

What year is this all in? Are we talking an alt-2008 or is this the future?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 12:53:22 PM »

I am using the electoral count of 2008, but it takes place about two decades in the future.

Here is the map:
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 12:55:33 PM »

Are the coalitions inside the 2 parties different than now?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 01:16:56 PM »

The Democratic Party isn't as far left as today, but the Republican party is pretty much like it was in the 1980s.
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 01:19:05 PM »

Hm. What do you mean by not as far left? Did the dems go populist or did they move in a clintonian direction?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2008, 01:24:20 PM »

Hm. What do you mean by not as far left? Did the dems go populist or did they move in a clintonian direction?

That's not important to the story. We still have moderates, centrists, liberals and conservatives on all fronts.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2008, 03:32:01 PM »

What year does this take place in?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 03:42:16 PM »

The Democratic Party isn't as far left as today, but the Republican party is pretty much like it was in the 1980s.

Oh, Mike.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2008, 03:44:03 PM »

KENDRA HUGS HER FATHER.

Somehow, I feel that the 23-year-old daughter of a Seantor would understand popular vote and Electoral Votes.  And even if she didn't, I don't see her crying.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2008, 05:19:14 PM »

KENDRA HUGS HER FATHER.

Somehow, I feel that the 23-year-old daughter of a Seantor would understand popular vote and Electoral Votes.  And even if she didn't, I don't see her crying.

Dumb blonde, Inks. Just stay tuned LOL Wink
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2008, 02:44:30 AM »

KENDRA HUGS HER FATHER.

Dumb blonde, Inks. Just stay tuned LOL Wink

That must be a really dumb blonde.  I can handle the popular vote thing, but I still think the crying is too much.  Maybe I'm envisioning it too dramatically in my head - I'm seeing her like bawling.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2008, 01:54:53 PM »

SCENE OPENS AT 4:15AM, AS SENATOR CHRIS MOON WALKS ONTO THE STAGE IN PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA BELOW THE HOTEL WHERE HE AND HIS FAMILY WATCHED RESULTS. THE CROWD IS WILDLY CHEERING AS HE WALKS ON STAGE, CONGRESSMAN PAUL SANDERSON, SON AND DAUGHTER NEXT TO HIM. HE WALKS UP TO THE MICROPHONE AND CALMS THE CHEERING CROWD.

Moon: Well, ladies and gentlemen...that time has come...where our nation has elected a new President. A little while ago, I had a good phone call with Governor Iverson.
(CROWD BEGINS BOOING)
Moon: Now...Now...Please. We had a conversation about the need for unity in America. I congratulated him on being elected the 48th President of the United States. I understand how great a moment this is for President-elect Iverson and his family. I wish them the best as they head to the White House. As for me, I'd like to thank my campaign chairman George Malvox for his excellent efforts.
(CROWD APPLAUDES)
Moon: I also want to thank Congressmen Sanderson who I am sure we can all agree would have made a fine Vice President and has a bright future in the Democratic Party.
(CROWD CHEERS AS SANDERSON WAVES)
Moon: It has been a long and sometimes difficult journey, and it ends with a result I know myself and many of you feel disappointment about. But let our love for country be stronger than the opinions and feelings stirred up by a long and tough political campaign. Let's all get behind President-elect Iverson and Vice President-elect Quinn and wish them the best as they head to the White House to help promote freedom and democracy for every American. THANK YOU ALL VERY VERY MUCH!

CROWD WILDLY CHEERS AND MUSIC PLAYS AS SENATOR MOON, CONGRESSMAN SANDERSON AND THEIR FAMILIES WAVE AND EXIT THE STAGE. SCENE SHIFTS TO IVERSON VICTORY RALLY AT 4:35AM. PRESIDENT-ELECT IVERSON AND VICE PRESIDENT-ELECT HANK QUINN INTERLOCK HANDS AS THE CROWD CHEERS. IVERSON WALKS UP TO THE MICROPHONE.

Iverson: Thank you all, my fellow Americans.
(CROWD CHEERS WILDLY)
Iverson: A few minutes ago, I recieved a phone call from Senator Moon. He was very considerate to the thoughts and cares of a country as divided as we are politically at the end of this long and hard campaign. He and I have agreed to meet next week to help unify our country.
(CROWD APPLAUDES)
Iverson: I want to thank my lovely wife Jeanne for her support, and my beautiful daughter Rachel. Without them, I could never have come this far.
(CROWD CHEERS AS JEANNE AND RACHEL WAVE)
Iverson: I want to thank Secretary Quinn for all he has done during this campaign, and I know he will make a great Vice President.
(CROWD CHEERS AS VICE PRESIDENT-ELECT QUINN WAVES)

SCENE SHIFTS TO HOTEL IN PHILADELPHIA, SENATOR MOON WATCHES ON TELEVISION. HE POURS A DRINK AND GULPS IT STRAIGHT DOWN. HE HOLDS A PICTURE OF A WOMAN AND LOOKS AT IT. ALREADY BEGINNING TO GET DRUNK, HE SITS ON THE BED ALONE AND WATCHES IVERSON.

Moon: (to himself) You son of a bitch. This was mine.

MOON LOOKS AT TELEVISION AS IT SHOWS AN IMAGE OF A SMILING JACK IVERSON WITH THE WORDS "48TH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES" UNDER IT. MOON FOCUSES ON IVERSON'S FACE...HIS EYES...HIS SMILE....MOON IS FILLED WITH RAGE.

Moon: I'm gonna...make you pay. Iverson....IVERSON...ugh...ugh....

MOON ROLLS OVER DRUNK ON THE BED.

SCENE ENDS
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2008, 02:34:04 PM »

Moon: You...you're gonna be the horniest bachelor in all of the United States, my boy! (laughs)

hahahaha
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2008, 02:54:26 PM »

Is Moon associated with the unification church?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2008, 04:39:12 PM »
« Edited: December 08, 2008, 06:50:11 PM by Reaganfan »

NEWSREPORT OPENS - NOVEMBER 8TH, THE DAY AFTER

Reporter: Across Washington, the mood was generally quiet following a stunning political upset last night. Minnesota Governor Jack Iverson defeated his Democratic rival, Pennsylvania Senator Chris Moon by the narrowest of margins last night in the electoral college. With millions of votes in from across the country, Moon leads in the popular vote by some 500,000 votes. Moon's campaign chairman George Malvox took questions from reporters this morning on why a predicted Moon landslide turned into a narrow Moon defeat.
Malvox: Governor Iverson rallied his supporters across the country, in Florida and Ohio he had a strong ground game, and that gave him the electoral college, and thus the Presidency.
Reporter: Pre-election polls showed a significant lead for Moon, with many newspapers even printing the cover story "PRESIDENT MOON" and "MOON DEFEATS IVERSON". Cover stories sure to be in the history books for years to come. People across New York City seemed to have differing opinions on the result.
Man #1: I voted for Moon and he should have won.
Man #2: Iverson won and what's done is done.
Woman #1: I voted for Jack Iverson but everyone I know voted for Chris Moon.
Woman #2: I voted for Moon.
Reporter: The new President-elect will meet with Senator Moon next week to discuss the results and how to help unify a country divided following a tough political campaign.

TELEVISION SHUTS OFF AS IVERSON GETS DRESSED IN HOTEL ROOM WITH WIFE JEANNE STANDING NEXT TO HIM.

Jeanne: Oh Jack...why are you wearing that purple tie?
Iverson: (buttoning shirt with tie around neck) I like it, babe.
Jeanne: It's so...girly.
Iverson: Oh hush, Jeanne. (chuckles) I'm the President-elect. I can wear any type of tie I want.

JEANNE IVERSON LAUGHS AND ROLLS EYES. RACHEL RUNS IN THE ROOM.

Rachel: Dad! Dad!
Iverson: What is it, babe?
Rachel: I just got off the phone with my best friend Tara and she wants to know if she can meet you!
Iverson: Sure...but why were you on the phone?
Jeanne: Oh Jack...she's 13 years old...she has her own cell phone.
Iverson: Since when?
Jeanne: Since last year.

SECRET SERVICE AGENT WALKS IN THE ROOM, BLACK MAN, EARLY 30S, AVIATOR SUNGLASSES ON.

Iverson: Hey there, can I help you?
Texx: Yes sir, I'm not interrupting am I?
Iverson: Not at all, come in. I'm Jack Iverson, this is my wife Jeanne and my daughter Rachel.
Texx: I'm Agent Ray Texx, I've been assigned protection for you, Governor.
Iverson: Well great to meet you!
Texx: I am here to disclose your Secret Service codenames.
Iverson: Go for it.
Texx: Mr. Iverson, your codename is Matrix. Mrs. Iverson, your codename is Ivy. Rachel, sweetie, your codename is Buttercup.
Iverson: Sounds good Texx.
Texx: Absolutely. I got your back, sir.
Iverson: Thanks, man.

END SCENE

SCENE OPENS AS SENATOR MOON LAYS PASSED OUT IN BED. DAUGHTER KENDRA WALKS IN ROOM.

Kendra: Daddy?
Moon: (moans)
Kendra: Dad...are you alright?
Moon: (coughs) Oh yeah...yeah...I uh...what...what time is it?
Kendra: It's 11:30. You slept in late.
Moon: (chuckles) Yeah well I...I didn't have...I didn't have much to do today.
Kendra: Daddy, are you gonna be speaking to the press?
Moon: (sits up on edge of bed) I don't know, baby.
Kendra: Are you okay?
Moon: Yeah, yeah...I'm fine. I just could use an asprin if you've got any.
Kendra: Let me go check my purse.

KENDRA WALKS OUT OF THE ROOM, MOON TURNS ON THE TELEVISION AND BEGINS FLIPPING CHANNELS.

Channel #1: Moon's loss may stem from the idea that his election was inevitable-(CHANGES)
Channel #2: Iverson tried to close the deal and he clearly did-(CHANGES)
Channel #3: ...the new Vice President-elect Hank Quinn has served as Secretary of State for the last eight years under the Republican Administration of President-(CHANGES)

TELEVISION SHUTS OFF. KENDRA WALKS BACK IN THE ROOM.

Kendra: Here's two headache pills, Dad.
Moon: (takes pills from her) Thanks babe.
Kendra: Don't feel so bad...there is always another shot in four years.

MOON SMILES.

END SCENE

SCENE OPENS TWO DAYS LATER IN GOVERNOR'S OFFICE, BOXES ALREADY BEING PACKED. GOVERNOR IVERSON STANDS AT DESK ON THE PHONE. CAMPAIGN CHAIRMAN BILL THOMAS WALKS IN.

Iverson: (on phone) Yes sir...yes...looking forward to it. Take care. (HANGS UP PHONE)
Thomas: Who was that?
Iverson: The President. Just calling to check in and see how things were going.
Thomas: Did he let you call him Bobby? (laughs)
Iverson: (laughs) I can thank his Secretary of State for putting me over the top.
Thomas: Quinn sure knows foreign policy.
Iverson: Hell yeah, Bill. Without Hank Quinn...Chris Moon would be the President-elect right now.
Thomas: So, Governor...how's it feel?
Iverson: (shrugs) Ah...a little strange. I'm gonna miss Minnesota quite a bit. Being Governor for six years grows on you...now I figure I'll take a crack at the entire country. (chuckles)
Thomas: When are you resigning?
Iverson: Next Wednesday, the 15th.
Thomas: Lt. Governor Fields prepared?
Iverson: Oh yeah, yeah...he's all set. Anxious. Personally I think he wanted to be Governor all along...that's why he stuck on the ticket two years ago instead of running for Senate.
Thomas: Ah, he figured if you become President...he's Governor.
Iverson: Exactly.
Thomas: So, when are you meeting with Moon?
Iverson: I'm not sure...we agreed to next week but I haven't heard from him or his staff, yet.
Thomas: He holds ill feelings, you know.
Iverson: (nods) Oh yeah...I can tell. Something about the guy gives me a feeling...that he is really....pissed.
Thomas: (laughs) Yep. He won the popular vote and got two electoral votes shy of the Presidency. That could a piss a guy off.
Iverson: (chuckles) Well Bill, I told you six months ago you were coming with me to Washington. How about it? Senior Political Advisor in the White House?
Thomas: You bet, Mr. President-elect.

IVERSON AND THOMAS LAUGH AND SHAKE HANDS.

END SCENE
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2008, 05:07:40 PM »

hahahaha

Thought that was funny Cheesy
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2008, 04:33:16 AM »

Texx: I am here to disclose your Secret Service codenames.
Iverson: Go for it.
Texx: Mr. Iverson, your codename is Matrix. Mrs. Iverson, your codename is Ivy. Rachel, sweetie, your codename is Buttercup.

Historically, they all start with the same letter.  At least, that's the way it's been since JFK, and I think even before that.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies