Dirty South Intiatives: December
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:49:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Dirty South Intiatives: December
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dirty South Intiatives: December  (Read 1544 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 25, 2008, 04:58:59 PM »

So are we going to have any?  Votes on them will occur with the Gubenatorial elections.  I'm thinking of re-introducing the captial relocation thing and perhaps trying to create a legislature
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 05:05:42 PM »

I'm glad to see my idea has caught on.

A legislature elected through CPO-STV would be interesting.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 05:38:39 PM »

Believe me, this has nothing to do with you, its b/c I want to get some more people into office
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 05:41:06 PM »

Believe me, this has nothing to do with you, its b/c I want to get some more people into office

And it was my idea to have an actual legislature. It's somewhere in the conventin thread.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 05:42:27 PM »

And it was my idea to have an actual legislature. It's somewhere in the conventin thread.
Honestly, I thought of it today because I thought of a few people who really deserve to be elected to something and play a more active yet are hindered by a log jam in the positions.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 05:53:41 PM »

Re-introducing this:

Dirty South Capitol Relocation Act
1.) Effective immediately following the passage of this law by the votes of the region's citizens, the capitol city of the Dirty South will be relocated from Memphis, Tennessee to Charleston, South Carolina, and the funds for building a Governor's Plantation will be up for debate.

And adding this...

KoTBP Scholarship Act

Financials and Eligibility
1.) The Dirty South region shall provide up to one million dollars in scholarships for students who have admitted to using anabolic steroids
2.) Children of admitted anabolic steroids users also may qualify for the scholarship
3.) The scholarship may only be used at public institutions in the Dirty South
4.) All students applying for the scholarship must rank in the top 20% of their class

Application Process
1.) All students wishing to qualify for this scholarship must write an essay on how steroids have helped them advance their lives

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 05:58:29 PM »

Honestly, I thought of it today because I thought of a few people who really deserve to be elected to something and play a more active yet are hindered by a log jam in the positions.

Me! Tongue
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 05:59:34 PM »

Cookies and Milk is running again? Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 05:59:39 PM »

I need to get our flag changed on the regions thread.

The Relocation act failed the first time. Perhaps we can bargin with the opposition whom have reservations with it.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 06:00:30 PM »

Most likely.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 06:33:19 PM »

I see your point about there not being enough positions in the region to get a decent amount of people into office. But I don't think creating a regional legislature of a few citizens is a good idea, considering the fact that the all residents are in a sense part of the regional legislature.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 06:35:16 PM »

The Relocation act failed the first time. Perhaps we can bargin with the opposition whom have reservations with it.
True.  Did you appoint someone to take care of the Wiki?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 06:39:30 PM »

True.  Did you appoint someone to take care of the Wiki?

I was fixing some of it till the second wave of exams rolled around. Now that Xahar was appointed AG to update the Wiki, it might be unnecessary. I'll go over what xahar adds to see what he says for the Dirty South. I think only PiT and I have access to editing the Wiki right now.

I will appoint anyone who wants to do it. PiT was the ideal choice but he's busy with the Senate now.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 06:42:45 PM »

I can maintain the Wiki. It's not a partisan position.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 08:09:11 PM »

Yesterday I finally updated the Lt. Gov. and Senator for the region. I'm sure that's not the only thing that needs updating. The Gubernatorial elections probably need to be updated for a number of elections.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 08:12:35 PM »

Yesterday I finally updated the Lt. Gov. and Senator for the region. I'm sure that's not the only thing that needs updating. The Gubernatorial elections probably need to be updated for a number of elections.
We really need to change the name of the article to "Dirty South" which I have no idea how to do
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 08:15:01 PM »

We really need to change the name of the article to "Dirty South" which I have no idea how to do

I don't know if that's possible. You might need to create a new article under "Dirty South." I think you would also need to change every link in all other articles that currently lead to the "Southeast" article.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 08:16:48 PM »

I don't know if that's possible. You might need to create a new article under "Dirty South." I think you would also need to change every link in all other articles that currently lead to the "Southeast" article.

Lulz. There's an easy way.

And "Southeast" is still co-official with "Dirty South" in the region, and "Southeast" is the term used in federal legislation.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2008, 08:19:42 PM »

Lulz. There's an easy way.

And "Southeast" is still co-official with "Dirty South" in the region, and "Southeast" is the term used in federal legislation.

I figured there must be from when the Pacific region changed its name. I didn't know what it was though. Tongue
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2008, 11:18:28 PM »

*sigh* Really, must we keep calling it the "Dirty South" in all our official threads and voting booths?

Well, maybe if it wasn't going to cost so much of our imaginary tax dollars to relocate we wouldn't care so much. Are you forgetting about our imaginary deficit?! We can't afford to imagine this relocation, plain and simple.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 11:55:44 PM »

*sigh* Really, must we keep calling it the "Dirty South" in all our official threads and voting booths?

Well, maybe if it wasn't going to cost so much of our imaginary tax dollars to relocate we wouldn't care so much. Are you forgetting about our imaginary deficit?! We can't afford to imagine this relocation, plain and simple.

Couldn't we just sell our multi-billion dollar complex in Memphis & move the government to a less expensive building in Charleston?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 12:11:09 AM »
« Edited: November 26, 2008, 12:23:08 AM by South Park Conservative »

How about this:

Freedom of Currency Amendment
1. Article I, Section XII, shall be added to read the following:
a. The government of the Dirty South shall gradually take Atlasian dollars out of circulation within the Dirty South.
b. The government of the Dirty South shall circulate currency called "dixies," which can be exchangable for a pegged amount of gold at any time.
c. Section 2 will be enforced on a purely voluntary basis, and no legal tender laws will be used to force businesses to accept dixies as currency.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2008, 12:14:35 AM »

That's entirely unconstitutional.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2008, 05:35:04 PM »

The reason for is because it was under that name that the region stop being awful

You must be logged in to read this quote.
The plan actually saves money over the longhaul as the new complex is much smaller
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2008, 05:59:15 PM »

The Capital Relocation Act, competing currencies thing, and KoTBP scholarship thing will go on the ballot

As well as a question on whether to have a constitutional convention
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies