MN Sen Recount (UPDATE: Stuart Smalley certified winner, lawsuit forthcoming)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 08:56:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MN Sen Recount (UPDATE: Stuart Smalley certified winner, lawsuit forthcoming)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 41
Author Topic: MN Sen Recount (UPDATE: Stuart Smalley certified winner, lawsuit forthcoming)  (Read 120432 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: November 22, 2008, 12:42:50 AM »

My precinct is in.

Coleman 321 (-2)
Franken 2171 (-1)

Nothing interesting.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #176 on: November 22, 2008, 12:47:13 AM »

Ok, this is worse than the thumbprint thing.  The Coleman campaign is challenging ballots simply because they are clear McCain/Franken votes and is challenging McCain ballots that simply left the senate race empty, arguing that it shows “intent.”
http://the-uptake.groups.theuptake.org/en/videogalleryView/id/1341/

Here's a fun game courtesy of the Coleman folks: Guess why Franken's people challenged the ballot!
BALLOT C
BALLOT D
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #177 on: November 22, 2008, 10:03:48 AM »

Ok, this is worse than the thumbprint thing.  The Coleman campaign is challenging ballots simply because they are clear McCain/Franken votes and is challenging McCain ballots that simply left the senate race empty, arguing that it shows “intent.”

Here's a fun game courtesy of the Coleman folks: Guess why Franken's people challenged the ballot!
BALLOT C
BALLOT D

Okay I give up, whats the argument?  Those are clear Coleman votes.  Looks like both sides are putting out really stupid challenges.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #178 on: November 22, 2008, 12:18:09 PM »

Unfortunately, I'm only up to Crow Wing on today's update.  I'm partially being held back because I'd like to analyze the challenges on the completed counties (of which I'm through Chisago).  Maybe more tomorrow.  I expect counting to slow down then.

Bump.  Now up to Hennepin/Grant in analysis.  Precinct-by-precinct analysis is quite interesting really.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #179 on: November 22, 2008, 12:34:25 PM »

BALLOT C
BALLOT D

Okay I give up, whats the argument?  Those are clear Coleman votes.  Looks like both sides are putting out really stupid challenges.

I'd guess that C has a line "pointing" to Barkley while D isn't a completely filled oval.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #180 on: November 22, 2008, 01:02:43 PM »

At this point I'm really tired of all this.  I don't really care who wins anymore.  I'm losing respect for Franken here...

the only thing that keeps me behind Franken is my intense hatred for Chameleon Coleman.

Maybe if Coleman ends up losing this he'll move back to his home state of New York, switch parties (again), and run for Hillary's seat.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #181 on: November 22, 2008, 03:49:43 PM »

At this point I'm really tired of all this.  I don't really care who wins anymore.  I'm losing respect for Franken here...

the only thing that keeps me behind Franken is my intense hatred for Chameleon Coleman.

I am quite aware of the fact that, in this election, my vote could have made all the difference in the world.  I think there's a possibility that the final count will be within single digits.  But that doesn't make me one bit less unhappy that I voted for Barkley Smiley
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #182 on: November 22, 2008, 04:02:35 PM »

Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #183 on: November 22, 2008, 04:04:24 PM »

BTW, the voter really wants change. Change=Obama. Obama=Democrat. Democrat=Franken.

Voter intent was clear.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #184 on: November 22, 2008, 04:39:14 PM »

Coleman just gained a bunch of votes out of Duluth.  I'm frankly quite surprised.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #185 on: November 22, 2008, 04:48:24 PM »

My new hero.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #186 on: November 22, 2008, 05:16:55 PM »

That voter also clearly likes humor. Al Franken is a humorist.

I bet the Coleman campaign challenged it though. Jackasses.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #187 on: November 22, 2008, 05:21:04 PM »

technically the guy voted for Norm Coleman for Judge 16.  perhaps the Coleman campaign will argue that the voter meant to cast the vote for Coleman for Senate.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #188 on: November 22, 2008, 05:26:14 PM »

ballots like this make me love america
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #189 on: November 22, 2008, 05:42:28 PM »

Coleman just gained a bunch of votes out of Duluth.  I'm frankly quite surprised.

It's because Coleman just challenged a big chunk of votes there, 57 more than Franken has (137-80). Challenged ballots aren't included in the totals, but I imagine the vast majority of the disparity will end going to Franken. (Coleman probably just has an overzealous vote-challenger there.)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #190 on: November 22, 2008, 05:53:55 PM »

It's because Coleman just challenged a big chunk of votes there, 57 more than Franken has (137-80). Challenged ballots aren't included in the totals, but I imagine the vast majority of the disparity will end going to Franken. (Coleman probably just has an overzealous vote-challenger there.)

What's kinda funny is that this total right now is nearly balanced out by Meeker County (9500 votes).  Anyway, there will be some overzealous challengers everywhere, which is precisely the reason why I'm breaking it down precinct-by-precinct.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #191 on: November 22, 2008, 06:34:01 PM »

Coleman up to 180 vote lead.  YEAH BABY!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #192 on: November 22, 2008, 06:41:02 PM »

Franken = done
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #193 on: November 22, 2008, 06:41:35 PM »

Does anyone know which three counties are counting today?
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #194 on: November 22, 2008, 06:43:47 PM »

Coleman owes Obama big time here.  If Obama had come in and campaigned for Franken on the Monday before the election, Coleman would have been toast. 
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #195 on: November 22, 2008, 07:50:14 PM »

Anyone know what's happening with those contested absentee ballots?
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #196 on: November 22, 2008, 08:38:03 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2008, 08:43:20 PM by Office of the President-Elect »

Umm... you realize Coleman just challenged  a large amount of ballots in Ramsey and Hennepin Counties, right?? Of course Coleman's margins will go up. Those Franken ballots just went up to the "undecided" column, so to speak, to wait for the canvassing board to rule on them. The Coleman ballot challenges in these counties were likely frivilous, but it doesn't matter... if Coleman can end the recount close to 100 votes up before the canvassing board gets together and rules on the challenged ballots, he can claim victory and assert that if Franken wins due to the challenged ballots that the partisan SOS stole the election away from him.

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #197 on: November 22, 2008, 10:52:30 PM »

This one is far from over with, folks.  Although I wonder, in the end, if that much actually changes - at least that's what my present precinct analysis tends to lean towards (just because I suspect so many of these challenges are a joke).  Franken may need to have new ballots added to mix, I suspect.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #198 on: November 22, 2008, 11:00:03 PM »

If Franken loses here, he's likely done for:

"MN-Recount State Canvassing Board meeting on rejected absentee ballots- Wednesday, Nov 26"
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #199 on: November 23, 2008, 01:38:02 AM »

Umm... you realize Coleman just challenged  a large amount of ballots in Ramsey and Hennepin Counties, right?? Of course Coleman's margins will go up. Those Franken ballots just went up to the "undecided" column, so to speak, to wait for the canvassing board to rule on them. The Coleman ballot challenges in these counties were likely frivilous, but it doesn't matter... if Coleman can end the recount close to 100 votes up before the canvassing board gets together and rules on the challenged ballots, he can claim victory and assert that if Franken wins due to the challenged ballots that the partisan SOS stole the election away from him.

I really hate Republicans.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 41  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies