The Southern White Vote: Pre-Election Polls vs. Exit Polls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 11:34:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  The Southern White Vote: Pre-Election Polls vs. Exit Polls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: The Southern White Vote: Pre-Election Polls vs. Exit Polls  (Read 17852 times)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2008, 12:50:05 PM »

So you're serious, and not just parodying BRTD?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2008, 12:56:13 PM »

Ok, I'm going to stick up for my south. If the south is a joke then the NE is a joke too. If you don't live in the south then you don't know how things go. Also the south isn't the most racist part of the country. I would say the NE is.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2008, 12:56:24 PM »

Who would the South vote for in a race between Keystone Phil and me?

The idea people care about Catholicism in this sense anymore is just stupid.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2008, 12:57:20 PM »

Ok, I'm going to stick up for my south. If the south is a joke then the NE is a joke too. If you don't live in the south then you don't know how things go. Also the south isn't the most racist part of the country. I would say the NE is.

LOL
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2008, 01:01:51 PM »

i seem to recall obama winning the white vote in many northeast states. i could be mistaken though. also, my original comment (joke region) wasn't really meant to be taken that seriously but whatever. though the racial polarization is disgusting and i thank my lucky statrs i don't live down there.
humder
Rookie

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2008, 01:10:44 PM »

The ironic thing is that hating southerners is un-liberal.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2008, 01:26:59 PM »

yehaw.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2008, 01:48:46 PM »

The racial polarization is pretty sad.  You can try and sugarcoat it anyway you want, but it doesn't change the obvious.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2008, 01:57:46 PM »

i seem to recall obama winning the white vote in many northeast states. i could be mistaken though. also, my original comment (joke region) wasn't really meant to be taken that seriously but whatever. though the racial polarization is disgusting and i thank my lucky statrs i don't live down there.

That doesn't mean anything. Racism is much deeper then voting for a black candidate.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2008, 03:05:16 PM »

That doesn't mean anything. Racism is much deeper then voting for a black candidate.

Correct, which the South shows on more than one occasion.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2008, 03:29:22 PM »

How can Southerners argue that the Northeast's voting patterns are comparable to that of the South with a straight face?  No group votes that dominantly for one party in any state in the Northeast other than blacks, which is a nationwide phenomenon.  The Northeast is much more moderate than the South.  The South just has two radical sides that cancel each other out.  There's no reason not to be embarrassed by the disturbingly persistent racial divide of the South.

Go back to crap Jersey if you hate the south so much. Greyhound goes both ways.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2008, 03:45:02 PM »

In what way does the south show racism.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2008, 03:45:42 PM »

How can Southerners argue that the Northeast's voting patterns are comparable to that of the South with a straight face?  No group votes that dominantly for one party in any state in the Northeast other than blacks, which is a nationwide phenomenon.  The Northeast is much more moderate than the South.  The South just has two radical sides that cancel each other out.  There's no reason not to be embarrassed by the disturbingly persistent racial divide of the South.

Hahaha, you should know better.  I don't take buses, peasant. Tongue

I'll be back to the real world in no time, don't worry.  Besides, being on a college campus keeps me safe from the townies. Wink

You are in Elon, that is a very nice area over there. You are about 10 mins away from me.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2008, 03:50:07 PM »

Come on guys, if the 2008 race was between Condoleezza Rice and Hillary Clinton, Rice still would have gotten at least 3/4 of the White Vote in the Deep South.

Hillary Clinton may have walloped her in Arkansas and West Virginia.. but Condi would have easily won every state in goldwater country easily.

White Southerner's are anti-Federal Democrat. Yes, they are racist, but those blacks are also. That is why I despise the deep south intensely. A bunch of whiny fools. I am glad to be in the Midwest.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2008, 03:51:41 PM »

Hahaha, you should know better.  I don't take buses, peasant. Tongue

I'll be back to the real world in no time, don't worry.  Besides, being on a college campus keeps me safe from the townies. Wink

lol typical.. an anti-public transit libertarian.. is that why you left NJ? Because they have decent Public transit, unlike most of the US?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2008, 03:53:19 PM »

Come on guys, if the 2008 race was between Condoleezza Rice and Hillary Clinton, Rice still would have gotten at least 3/4 of the White Vote in the Deep South.

Hillary Clinton may have walloped her in Arkansas and West Virginia.. but Condi would have easily won every state in goldwater country easily.

White Southerner's are anti-Federal Democrat. Yes, they are racist, but those blacks are also. That is why I despise the deep south intensely. A bunch of whiny fools. I am glad to be in the Midwest.

That is why I'm glad I'm part of the south, not the deep south.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2008, 04:45:55 PM »

In what way does the south show racism.

mccain winning whites with like 88% in states like alabama, mississippi and louisiana. the whites in these states somehow went even more republican than in 2004. now the burden of proof is on you son. in what ways does the northeast show racism (and more so than the south). go.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2008, 04:51:48 PM »

The Republicans using the religious right have did  a masterful job of pretty much brainwashing voters in the south. Its not racist here like the 1960s people.

With that said if Obama is anything like FDR 4 years from now SC and GA will vote for him.. assuming Gov Palin is the gop candidate.  Obama did better then I thought in SC and my state.  

Give us Time.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2008, 04:54:06 PM »

I'll give you that point. NC is not Dixie....be proud of it.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2008, 05:03:20 PM »

That's not true at all. The majority of southern soldiers who died in the WBTS were from NC.
ucscgaldamez

« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2008, 05:07:51 PM »

Son, son, son.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2008, 05:08:34 PM »

That's not true at all. The majority of southern soldiers who died in the WBTS were from NC.

which doesn't have much influence on the state today.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2008, 05:09:05 PM »

How much time have you spent in NC? You can't just cherry pick a few southern liberal university cities and dare to say "yada yada isn't southern".
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2008, 05:10:05 PM »

Been to Raleigh and Charlotte...I'll admit that isn't representative of the state...but most Southern states don't have places like these.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2008, 05:11:16 PM »

Been to Raleigh and Charlotte...I'll admit that isn't representative of the state...but most Southern states don't have places like these.

Really? How about New Orleans, Atlanta, Memphis (to an extent), Houston, Charleston, Louisville, NOVA, et al, need I go on?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies