Palin Says She's "Praying for a Crack in the Door" in '12 or '16 to plow through
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 09:27:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Palin Says She's "Praying for a Crack in the Door" in '12 or '16 to plow through
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 7

Author Topic: Palin Says She's "Praying for a Crack in the Door" in '12 or '16 to plow through  (Read 4680 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2008, 04:07:29 PM »

Palin in 2012 and Jindal in 2016 sounds too good to be true.

Jindal is for real, dude

And just a few months ago Sarah Palin was usually paired with Jindal as the future stars of the party.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2008, 05:00:40 PM »

Palin in '12 or '16? Isn't this like Dan Quayle becoming the Republican nominee in 1996 or 2000?
More like Thomas Eagleton becoming the Democratic nominee in 1976 or 1980. Wink
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2008, 07:56:15 PM »

Jindal is for real, dude

And just a few months ago Sarah Palin was usually paired with Jindal as the future stars of the party.

so?  Jindal isn't a moron.  not even close.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2008, 09:57:18 PM »

Jindal is for real, dude

I listened to him at the RPA and I really am beginning to like this guy. He's smart, comes across as friendly and personable, he could be the Obama of the GOP. But only time will tell.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2008, 12:07:32 PM »

Jindal is for real, dude

I listened to him at the RPA and I really am beginning to like this guy. He's smart, comes across as friendly and personable, he could be the Obama of the GOP. But only time will tell.

He is all that and more, States.  He has the ability to deliver the ultra-conservative agenda many Republicans dream of...with a smile.  I think that was part of the problem with The Decider.  When he didn't look clueless, he looked petulant. 

Jindal is intellectually sharp, but a very pleasant and likeable person.  I think the GOP, at least the socially conservative wing, may strike gold with Jindal/Pence or Pence/Jindal.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2008, 12:36:47 PM »

That's what was great about Reagan for conservatives - he could sell it.  Jindal also has a decent record of reform.

Nowadays, being an obviously intelligent, honestly devout, minority helps in moderating your perception of being "radical."  Palin came across as perhaps too inarticulate for many of the exact same ideas and religiosity to be sellable.

I think Jindal is leaning towards '16, but as Palin said in this thread, if the door is open, you don't know when it's gonna close.  You might as well be there.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2008, 12:53:48 PM »

That's what was great about Reagan for conservatives - he could sell it.  Jindal also has a decent record of reform.

Nowadays, being an obviously intelligent, honestly devout, minority helps in moderating your perception of being "radical."  Palin came across as perhaps too inarticulate for many of the exact same ideas and religiosity to be sellable.

I think Jindal is leaning towards '16, but as Palin said in this thread, if the door is open, you don't know when it's gonna close.  You might as well be there.

Could you see there being a backlash against Jindal for what may be perceived as gimmicky (i.e., "our minority candidate vs. Obama")?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2008, 12:56:10 PM »

Indeed, that's part of the reason why I don't think '12 will be his year.  The other one being his youth and the fact that '12 has a very good chance of being another hard election for Republicans.

Jindal's own minority stardom will be totally blunted too, so you get metooism and you make your own candidate more dull.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2008, 01:10:26 PM »

Jindal is smart enough and will have enough ideas to get past the subtle charges of tokenism
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: 9.48

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2008, 01:11:10 PM »

Palin, stay out of Huckabee's way please.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies