Palin: "Me not be dictator"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:56:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Palin: "Me not be dictator"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Palin: "Me not be dictator"  (Read 3168 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 08, 2008, 12:04:57 AM »

Yes, we're all glad that you aren't one 70-something year-old heart-beat away from the Presidency.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/11/7/185447/625/883/657110
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 12:07:57 AM »

"me not be'in a dictator" = better interpretation.

The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 12:34:18 AM »

She said, "Me not be a dictator."  It's slightly less Tarzan-like with the indirect article.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 12:41:17 AM »

man alive, that was a bad pick by Mac. He should have picked Tom Ridge.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 12:41:51 AM »

Palin 2012
MR maverick
MR politics
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 12:41:58 AM »

Keep this woman away from washington.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 12:57:59 AM »

I still believe Joe Biden exhibits more stupidity than Palin.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 01:01:44 AM »

Joe Biden exhibits arrogance not stupidity.  There's a difference between acting stupid and being stupid.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 01:08:03 AM »

Joe Biden exhibits arrogance not stupidity.  There's a difference between acting stupid and being stupid.

Completely misstating the greatest financial crisis the country has ever faced...when talking about the 2nd greatest financial crisis we've ever faced...while we're in the middle of that crisis...is STUPIDITY
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 01:11:37 AM »

Probably "me, not beING a dictator."  Point is, there's no story here.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2008, 01:12:58 AM »

Completely misstating the greatest financial crisis the country has ever faced...when talking about the 2nd greatest financial crisis we've ever faced...while we're in the middle of that crisis...is STUPIDITY

Elaborate on "completely misstating."

If you use the example I think you're going to use, then Sarah Palin has completely misstated basic economics, the world map, the English language, the American dream, etc.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008, 01:46:42 AM »

If you use the example I think you're going to use, then Sarah Palin has completely misstated basic economics, the world map, the English language, the American dream, etc.

He didn't know who was President at the time of the stock-market crash.  He then attributed an action to this President that was practically impossible at the time.  But wait...it gets better...he actually tried to use this garbled sense of history to criticize President Bush. 

I'm no Palin fan, but I find it comical that she's mocked while this genius is about to be our Vice-President.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2008, 01:55:58 AM »

Nathan, might I be able to ask you a question? Have you ever read a newsworthy story from Daily Kos?
MR maverick
MR politics
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2008, 01:57:15 AM »

He didn't know who was President at the time of the stock-market crash.  He then attributed an action to this President that was practically impossible at the time.  But wait...it gets better...he actually tried to use this garbled sense of history to criticize President Bush. 

I'm no Palin fan, but I find it comical that she's mocked while this genius is about to be our Vice-President.

Sorry, but Biden is far  better then Palin or even McCain.

You republicans are bitter old men.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2008, 01:58:36 AM »

Probably "me, not beING a dictator."  Point is, there's no story here.

She doesn't pronounce G's, but yeah, everyone who jumps on this is making themselves foolish.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2008, 02:02:38 AM »

Bitter?  Did I not just say that I'm no Palin fan?

The merits of Biden's choice as VP are arguable, but that's not my point here.  I'm merely criticizing the relentless mockery of Sarah Palin when I believe Joe Biden has committed more gaffes than she has.  And you can believe that Biden is "far better" than McCain (in what context I don't know) but I'll respond by challenging your claim of being an independent in your forum profile.  
MR maverick
MR politics
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2008, 02:15:45 AM »

The merits of Biden's choice as VP are arguable, but that's not my point here.  I'm merely criticizing the relentless mockery of Sarah Palin when I believe Joe Biden has committed more gaffes than she has.  And you can believe that Biden is "far better" than McCain (in what context I don't know) but I'll respond by challenging your claim of being an independent in your forum profile.  

John McCain showed that during unsettling times he's not steady and ineffective as a leader.

Obama picked a good Vp and McCain picked a wack job from Alaska.

I don't think theres any question about those FACTS.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 02:30:23 AM »

John McCain showed that during unsettling times he's not steady and ineffective as a leader.

You'll have to be more specific.  I'm not going to respond to your ill-defined opinions which you claim to be facts. 
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2008, 02:31:30 AM »

Nathan, might I be able to ask you a question? Have you ever read a newsworthy story from Daily Kos?

Honestly, yes.  But most of them aren't.
MR maverick
MR politics
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2008, 03:08:42 AM »

You'll have to be more specific.  I'm not going to respond to your ill-defined opinions which you claim to be facts. 

1. Suspending my campaign to handle matters that I have no control over. 

2. I wanted somebody else to be my vice president, but I allowed staffers to make the decisions. Better Yet why not take advice from somebody who works at Foxnews.

3. Wasting Money on a state that has not gone red in 20 years, instead of defending the 286 Ev I already had.

4. Not staying on message ... better yet lets start a new one every week.

5. Saying the fundamentals of the economy was "strong"  2 hrs before the Dow Jones hit 777.

6.  Announcing that you are pulling out of a major state because you stand no chance.  Gee, I wonder what kind of message that sent to Places like OH, IN, PA?    = all voted for Obama by the way.

7. Using some bum plumber as a prop and slam your opponent of giving out "welfare checks", only for this prop to be on welfare himself.

8. Admitting "I don't know Much about the economy" during a year of economic hardship.

9. During the debates acting like I had just seen a ghost.

Bottomline John McCain was not ready for the office of president no more then Palin was ready for the Office of vice president.

Obama and Biden showed otherwise and they are now currently elected.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2008, 04:17:38 AM »

5. Saying the fundamentals of the economy was "strong"  2 hrs before the Dow Jones hit 777.

I think that's the biggest one. Even Herbert Hoover wasn't that dumb.
cannonia
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.42, S: -1.30

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2008, 04:26:44 AM »

Of course not!  Everyone agrees with the talking points over at Kos, so they are downright incontrovertible!
MR maverick
MR politics
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2008, 04:58:48 AM »

Of course not!  Everyone agrees with the talking points over at Kos, so they are downright incontrovertible!

He wanted me to lay out my case and I listed it.

Now you call it talking points from Kos?

I don't even care for the far left sites no more then I care for the far right  nonsense.

I did click I as in Independent.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2008, 05:44:06 AM »

I think that's the biggest one. Even Herbert Hoover wasn't that dumb.

I've asked before but a) how was he to predict the fall of the Dow Jones 2 hours in advance and b) how does a stock market crash disprove the statement "the fundamentals of the economy is strong"?
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2008, 11:20:52 AM »
« Edited: November 08, 2008, 12:17:14 PM by paul718 »

1. Suspending my campaign to handle matters that I have no control over. 

2. I wanted somebody else to be my vice president, but I allowed staffers to make the decisions. Better Yet why not take advice from somebody who works at Foxnews.

3. Wasting Money on a state that has not gone red in 20 years, instead of defending the 286 Ev I already had.

4. Not staying on message ... better yet lets start a new one every week.

6.  Announcing that you are pulling out of a major state because you stand no chance.  Gee, I wonder what kind of message that sent to Places like OH, IN, PA?    = all voted for Obama by the way.

7. Using some bum plumber as a prop and slam your opponent of giving out "welfare checks", only for this prop to be on welfare himself.

8. Admitting "I don't know Much about the economy" during a year of economic hardship.

9. During the debates acting like I had just seen a ghost.

Bottomline John McCain was not ready for the office of president no more then Palin was ready for the Office of vice president.

Obama and Biden showed otherwise and they are now currently elected.

Okay, you just picked apart McCain's campaign.  You're not breaking any new ground here.  You believe an election campaign somehow correlates to preparedness to lead the country?  Well, President Bush and Karl Rove ran tight and effective campaigns...How did that turn out for you?  And if you based your assessment of the candidates on how well their campaigns were run, then I believe you were underinformed and probably shouldn't have voted. 
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies