2009 New Jersey Governor's Race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:52:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2009 New Jersey Governor's Race
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 79
Author Topic: 2009 New Jersey Governor's Race  (Read 320520 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: October 06, 2009, 06:46:18 PM »

This looks more like the sort of odd late rally that falls just short that apparently doomed governments sometimes manage to pull off than a sudden surge-to-victory. But we'll see.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1076 on: October 06, 2009, 06:54:28 PM »

The favorability ratings are pretty telling:

Corzine

45% Favorable
52% Unfavorable

Christie

46% Favorable
50% Unfavorable

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections2/election_2009/new_jersey/election_2009_new_jersey_governor
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1077 on: October 06, 2009, 07:01:02 PM »

And another jab at Christians... and you wonder why Christians don't like you.

Actually I dont.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1078 on: October 06, 2009, 07:05:12 PM »

After cutting wasteful spending, bringing every single job back to New Jersey, and making sure every child gets an education, I'll probably then cure cancer and end poverty for all.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1079 on: October 06, 2009, 07:23:29 PM »

Christie Epic Fail... lolz.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #1080 on: October 06, 2009, 07:55:14 PM »

The sad thing is, this the best Corzine's got.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1081 on: October 06, 2009, 07:57:42 PM »

The sad thing is, this the best Corzine's got.

Well, it is insanely old meme, but I still like it, ya know?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1082 on: October 06, 2009, 08:18:09 PM »

cristie can haz losing elecshuns?

LOLGASM

Interesting in that it's the only poll I've seen with internals even remotely like that.  If it was true, I don't think Christie would be leading at all.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1083 on: October 06, 2009, 09:07:21 PM »

cristie can haz losing elecshuns?

LOLGASM

Interesting in that it's the only poll I've seen with internals even remotely like that.  If it was true, I don't think Christie would be leading at all.

I think Scott Rasmussen is just sitting in his office with a stack of phone books dialing random numbers at this point.
YankeeFan007
Dem4Life
Rookie

« Reply #1084 on: October 06, 2009, 09:44:21 PM »

I travelled through Warren, Passiac and Bergen County today and I only saw 5 or 6 Christie signs.  I must have saw almost 500 Corzine signs.  The only other times I see Christie signs is when I got to his events.  Where is this guys support coming from?   Corzine is spending so much money, has signs everywhere, and has a whole organization canvassing and volunteering for him.   Christie only leads by 3 in the Rasmussen poll and is losing by 1 in the FDU poll.  Another debate like the one we saw last week will absolutely kill him, especially with the bad press.  Corzine is going to close this out unless Chrisite can actually put together a specific plan for New Jersey and then tell us what it is.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1085 on: October 06, 2009, 10:51:36 PM »

This looks more like the sort of odd late rally that falls just short that apparently doomed governments sometimes manage to pull off than a sudden surge-to-victory. But we'll see.

Not an injudicious point to make.  That happened in 1993, as I recall.  We shall see.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1086 on: October 07, 2009, 04:07:48 AM »

WHAT A JOKE.

What makes this shithead worse is that he actually duped us into thinking he would run a campaign that wasn't inept enough to sink him to 30% in any other state.  At least the others weren't as big disappointments.  We knew we had the suckiest candidate ever with all of the other losers.  Seriously, how could you NOT win against Jon Corzine?  Oh yeah, because it's New Jersey and he has a D next to his name.  And glad to see Norcross back in the game again, fucking fantastic.

Worst state politics ever.

Whew, rant over.  That feels better.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #1087 on: October 07, 2009, 09:11:06 AM »

I travelled through Warren, Passiac and Bergen County today and I only saw 5 or 6 Christie signs.  I must have saw almost 500 Corzine signs.  The only other times I see Christie signs is when I got to his events.  Where is this guys support coming from?   Corzine is spending so much money, has signs everywhere, and has a whole organization canvassing and volunteering for him.   Christie only leads by 3 in the Rasmussen poll and is losing by 1 in the FDU poll.  Another debate like the one we saw last week will absolutely kill him, especially with the bad press.  Corzine is going to close this out unless Chrisite can actually put together a specific plan for New Jersey and then tell us what it is.
This is easily the dumbest statement I have ever heard of this forum.  And for what its worth, I drove through Bergen, Passaic, and Essex counties every day and I saw about 2 dozen Christie signs to about 10 Corzine
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #1088 on: October 07, 2009, 09:23:18 AM »

SurveyUSA tweets about their NJ poll:

“2-day #njgov data: Corzine loses roughly 1 in 3 of his 2005 voters — but are they going to Christie, or to Daggett? Stay tuned.”

http://twitter.com/surveyusa/status/4680071892
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1089 on: October 07, 2009, 09:55:38 AM »

SurveyUSA tweets about their NJ poll:

“2-day #njgov data: Corzine loses roughly 1 in 3 of his 2005 voters — but are they going to Christie, or to Daggett? Stay tuned.”

http://twitter.com/surveyusa/status/4680071892

Maybe 43-37-16 for Christie, considering their recent VA polls ...
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1090 on: October 07, 2009, 11:19:25 AM »

WHAT A JOKE.

What makes this shithead worse is that he actually duped us into thinking he would run a campaign that wasn't inept enough to sink him to 30% in any other state.  At least the others weren't as big disappointments.  We knew we had the suckiest candidate ever with all of the other losers.  Seriously, how could you NOT win against Jon Corzine?  Oh yeah, because it's New Jersey and he has a D next to his name.  And glad to see Norcross back in the game again, fucking fantastic.

Worst state politics ever.

Whew, rant over.  That feels better.

Even we are saner than New Jersey when it comes to electing governors (actually despite all of the crazies, Oklahoma seems to elect pretty good governors, I hope they continue this process or else Oklahoma will be pledging allegiance to Jesus soon).
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1091 on: October 07, 2009, 12:20:02 PM »

This is easily the dumbest statement I have ever heard of this forum.  And for what its worth, I drove through Bergen, Passaic, and Essex counties every day and I saw about 2 dozen Christie signs to about 10 Corzine

Hmm, the Democrat saw a lot more Corzine signs and the Republican saw a lot more Christie signs. Shocking.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1092 on: October 07, 2009, 01:19:36 PM »

Hmm, the Democrat saw a lot more Corzine signs and the Republican saw a lot more Christie signs. Shocking.

As soon as they start giving political signs stuck into the ground at busy intersections the right to vote, we'll finally have an anecdote we can use to gauge support!
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1093 on: October 07, 2009, 02:31:19 PM »

I wasn't arguing that it meant anything, I was simply stating the statement is absurd and considering the idiot it came from, I'm not suprised.  Two weeks ago this guy suggested that because Corzine had a lot of volunteers in the 17/4 area he was going to win
YankeeFan007
Dem4Life
Rookie

« Reply #1094 on: October 07, 2009, 03:39:54 PM »

Yeah because that happens every year.  If a Republcian can't take Bergen and Passaic then he won't take the state.  Look at every election in the last 25 years.   It was part of McCain's strategy in the last election.   

I doubt you saw more Christie signs than Corzine signs unless you were driving around your front lawn 6 or 7 times. 
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1095 on: October 07, 2009, 03:43:17 PM »

Yeah because that happens every year.  If a Republcian can't take Bergen and Passaic then he won't take the state.  Look at every election in the last 25 years.   It was part of McCain's strategy in the last election.   

I doubt you saw more Christie signs than Corzine signs unless you were driving around your front lawn 6 or 7 times. 
I guarantee you I saw more Christie than Corzine signs, I think I know what I saw.  Either way it means nothing.  And the idea that the 17/4 corridor is even the most important area of Bergen is ridiculous.  The Christie campaign is focusing their Bergen attention on areas like North Arlington and Lyndhurst as well as neighboring Nutley
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1096 on: October 07, 2009, 07:25:42 PM »

Signs mean shit.  I saw about 3,700 Ron Paul signs in 2008 and guess who won the Republican Primary!  Not Ron Paul!  How about the general election?  Still no beans for the sign man!  I reiterate; Signs mean shit.  Getting out the North Jersey vote is what matters.  Corzine has finally captured the attention of the average Hudson/Essex County hack.  That's his advantage.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #1097 on: October 08, 2009, 12:47:12 AM »

Recently Corzine has been attacking Christie for his expansive waistline.

What an issue in New Jersey!
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1098 on: October 08, 2009, 07:32:17 AM »

Recently Corzine has been attacking Christie for his expansive waistline.

What an issue in New Jersey!

The Democratic faithful have been foaming at the mouth and bashing Christie about it for months.  It's pretty lazy, stupid, and borderline-offensive stuff.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1099 on: October 08, 2009, 07:51:58 AM »

Wow now I know why Corzine is able to compete (not that I didn't know this before).  At the healthcare debate at SHU last night, some guy from College Dems said Corzine needed volunteers to phone bank and pass out fliers (the stuff Christie has volunteers for) and was willing to pay $175 for 10 hours of work
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies